PDA

View Full Version : Ammo....

Dietrich_R1
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Besides Walmart & Gun Shows, where else do you recommend some "cheap" ammo for plinking?

I'm looking to make a bulk purchase.

birchyboy
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Have you looked at CheaperThanDirt.com?

Dietrich_R1
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 03:16 PM
:shocked:I did look but they aren't cheaper...

Looks like I'll have to hit a gun show & bring a roll of cash!!

Jmetz
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Have you looked at CheaperThanDirt.com?

:slap:

Cheaper than dirt has been raping people for months now.

birchyboy
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 03:25 PM
I just noticed they started selling guns again. They can't seem to make up their mind.

Vance
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 03:34 PM
http://ammoseek.com/

Good luck!
Bulk is still hit and miss - and if you do find it at a reasonable price - you better pounce on it immediately.

Hopefully the fact the AWB has died in Senate (even the amendment Feinstein said she'll introduce is doomed to fail) and seemingly the federal capacity regulation looks like it's going to fail too) means that ammo might start getting back in stock now and again.

Then again - with Homeland Security buying up 9mm and 5.56 en masse - it might still take a while for MFGs to catch up.

I'm hoping my friend's brother will finish up his reloads and still follow through on selling to me in bulk (9mm and 5.56).

rforsythe
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Then again - with Homeland Security buying up 9mm and 5.56 en masse - it might still take a while for MFGs to catch up.

With the entire populace arming itself to the teeth, it only makes sense that the government would take similar steps. :)

birchyboy
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I'm having a bitch of a time finding hollow point balls for my slingshot.

jcj81
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 03:48 PM
I've had reloading components on order, going on three months now, got some small pistol primers and powder, but rest has yet to be fullfilled, bullets and large pistol primers

Vance
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 03:52 PM
With the entire populace arming itself to the teeth, it only makes sense that the government would take similar steps. :)

Yeah but why the fuck do they need 2900+ anti-mine armored urban assault vehicles? That's the part that makes no sense to me.

rforsythe
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Yeah but why the fuck do they need 2900+ anti-mine armored urban assault vehicles? That's the part that makes no sense to me.

Tactical advantage.

Wrider
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 04:37 PM

Problem with that? They started before everything else last year...

rforsythe
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Problem with that? They started before everything else last year...

True, though this is hysteria 2.0 anyway.