PDA

View Full Version : Update on leaky Aprilia

losermonkey
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 08:24 PM
I heard from Fay Myers today, there is a known issue with a plastic fitting in the cooling system. I should be back on two wheels within two weeks, depending on how long it takes that part to ship.

I also want to thank everyone for their help at the parade.

madvlad
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Sick dude, glad they figured it out.

~Barn~
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 08:41 PM
2 freaking weeks!? "Known" issue.

WTF are they shipping it from... Space?

Yeah, you sound like a patient man.

losermonkey
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 08:51 PM
They also have an issue with the crimp style hose clamps they use and the hose actually like to come off, so I am pretty lucky that didn't happen.

Italy is close enough to space. They said it would probably just be one week, but possibly two.
I've also learned that if something is our of your control it's better to just sit back and wait it out.

madvlad
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Those parts are shipped from factory, that's why.

~Barn~
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Last time I ordered Aprilia parts, they came from space too. Didn't take me two weeks to get them.

Oh yeah... If you're keeping score at home, it would make sense to me to maybe order a couple 1 or 2 of these parts and keep them in stock, as a proactive measure for a "known" issue. :dunno:

koop
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 09:15 PM
AF1 is your friend

Ph03niX
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Sheesh. Sorry about the ordeal man!

madvlad
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 10:12 PM
It's a newer model bro, parts are limited for the first year of anything made out there and will always most likely be in back order.

sprtbkbabe
Thu Mar 21st, 2013, 08:13 AM
AF1 is your friend

:imwithstupid:

3point5
Thu Mar 21st, 2013, 08:50 AM
+1 to AF1, but Fay Meyers is pretty competitive...

It's a newer model bro, parts are limited for the first year of anything made out there and will always most likely be in back order.

sorta…the RSV4 has been out since 2009 and in reality was spawned off the RSVR and further back the Mille, which have been in production since 1998…it's not like aprilia is coming out with 5 different superbike models every year.

Spooph
Thu Mar 21st, 2013, 09:00 AM
where is this fitting located? Is it between the throttle bodies? Glad you figured out the problem!

madvlad
Thu Mar 21st, 2013, 10:02 AM
+1 to AF1, but Fay Meyers is pretty competitive...

sorta…the RSV4 has been out since 2009 and in reality was spawned off the RSVR and further back the Mille, which have been in production since 1998…it's not like aprilia is coming out with 5 different superbike models every year.

His is a 12' or 13', not sure if certain things have changed since 09' features wise and engine/frame components so just assumed there.

losermonkey
Thu Mar 21st, 2013, 11:32 PM
I don't know what or where the actual fitting is, but from reading some posts on another forum it seems like the culprit is a T connection.

While the RSV4 has been out since 2009, the '11 and '12 models are quite a bit different, especially in the electronics department. Most Italian bike's and part's aren't made in bulk. I knew when I purchased this machine if I ever needed a part there would be a wait involved.