PDA

View Full Version : april 13

Laky
Mon Mar 25th, 2013, 12:31 AM
hi, new to this forum and probably won't post much but thought could be the right place!
I'll be coming to Denver for a short trip and have rented a motorbike at eaglerider (don't know what model is going to be but probably an Harley)
question is: will it be too cold? will I be able to ride the best roads around Denver?
This is a one chance so I'll take the bike regardless and because my plane leaves late on april 14 I have 1 and half day to make the most of it.

---edit--- the THread should actually read: April 13 - 14 suggested rides around Denver
the weather can be unpredictlbe so I should adjust my thread with the following info:
- first time in Colorado, first time in Denver
- rented a Harley but never ridden one before, do not know what model they gonna give me
- my job is to sell holidays and fly&drive to italians that come to the US, so I need to see something interesting that can let me sell COlorado better
- cosidering the time of the year and weather what coul be some nice rides?
i am prepared to ride quite for a long journey and I was tempted by going down to the Great Sand Dunes but only if the roads are worth riding...if you know 't I mean
any suggestion more than welcome, I wish I could rent something else (no offense to Harley rider/biker) but this is a one off occasion and I got a really good bargain, so the important thing to me it's I'm on 2 wheels...and that's enough

Grant H.
Mon Mar 25th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Welcome to Denver! (when you get here)

By the middle of April I would expect that you could ride quite a bit with the exception of a random snow storm.

Just plan on it, and play it safe with the weather, and have a great trip!

longrider
Mon Mar 25th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Mid April can go either way. The odds are in your favor but snow and cold are still possible. Assuming we dont get a late season snow the good roads are definitely rideable, just watch for sand in the corners. If you want something a little more sporting than a Harley check out Colorado Tourbike Rentals (http://www.tourbikes.com/) The name says touring but they are definitely more sport touring than GoldWing style touring

Laky
Tue Apr 16th, 2013, 04:41 PM
done and back home...had a 1200 sportster, definetily i am not a "rider" touched the pegs only once but just because i was scared of how low it was,
back to my hilly tuscany with a bike that does what bikes are supposed to do!

Pity I had to go back on sunday...the weather was nice and sunny (windy)
had a run at Estes Park but only beacuse I needed to go north for business.
You guys have nice roads there, next time I'll try to rent a Bike!!

Laky
Tue Apr 16th, 2013, 04:43 PM
to admin: thread can be closed
thank you for hosting me
Luciano