PDA

View Full Version : Comcast & SpeedTV... what do you guys do?

JustSomeDude
Mon Mar 25th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Because of upload demands as a result of my photo work, I recently made the switch to Comcast cable internet from CenturyLink DSL. The 800kb/s max uplink speeds on DSL compared to the 4.3mb/s uploads I now get with Comcast (for lower cost), was a no-brainer for me.

Of course, to make the most of the deal I had to ditch DirecTV and sign on to Comcast cable. The problem is, Comcast doesn't carry SpeedTV in their base packages (only the top tier - which I don't want to pay for) .

What do you Comcast kids do to get your MotoGP/WSBK fix? I called Comcast support and it seems adding a single channel isn't feasible with the way their system operates; I would have to add an entire "sports package" which seems stupid to me.

Any suggestions?

tecknojoe
Mon Mar 25th, 2013, 02:43 PM
I split a motogp account with someone to get that. Adding BEIN sports (for wsbk) will cost $12 a month (which I haven't decided on yet). You'll still need speed though if you want supercross

to get speed, you're right, you have to bump up a package. Should only cost $10 a month more than the basic package

There's also a CSC member on here that got me a killer deal on comcast for my first 6 months. I haven't talked to him in a while though so I don't remember who it was or if he still works there

madvlad
Mon Mar 25th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Interweb is your friend lol

Mother Goose
Mon Mar 25th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Or just download the races from that fish site or racing for me. :up: