PDA

View Full Version : Canyon ride 3/31/13 Sunday

Grim2.0
Tue Mar 26th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Enough of these kickstand party, spam, crap threads, the weather is getting warmer, 60 degrees (supposedly) on Sunday its time i got the ninja out and stretch its legs.

Meet: Moco (Conoco gas station at Morrison and C-470)

Time: 10:30am KSU: 11:00am

Destination is Central City, route TBD

I have been riding the DRZ all winter so i need to get re-acquainted with the Ninja and its riding style, this will not be a 100MPH with your balls out ride, it will be a mild pace and anyone who is anyone is welcome to come.

Hope to see you there!

~Barn~
Tue Mar 26th, 2013, 12:41 PM
<Snip...> this will not be a 100MPH with your balls out ride, it will be a mild pace and anyone who is anyone is welcome to come.

I feel safer when I ride my own ride, thank you very much.

:ducks and covers:

DiddysR6
Tue Mar 26th, 2013, 12:43 PM
damnit! I would love to go.. but Easter with family is going to trump riding :(

JKOL
Tue Mar 26th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Central City, really??? Their tickets carry points FYI. I think I should be able to attend.

Grim2.0
Tue Mar 26th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Central City, really??? Their tickets carry points FYI. I think I should be able to attend.

Don't be in the back this time.

Cornfed
Tue Mar 26th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Sorry brother. I have Easter plans.

JKOL
Tue Mar 26th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Don't be in the back this time.

Better to be in back and remain on two wheels than the alternative...
:dunno:

Looking forward too it. Hope the weather man changes his prediction to a blizzard so we can have high 60s and sunny skies.

UHATEIT
Tue Mar 26th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Good call on the later ride, 8am meetings while they avoid traffic are hella tiresome. Would love to ride in this tho I think the wife may have me stay home since she is off that day.

Off topic but BTW we should have another ferret day, my wife owuld like to be there for the next one to watch them all play

MilkMan
Tue Mar 26th, 2013, 05:08 PM
I'm probably down! Going snowboarding on Sat though so I will probably be riding at a pace sligtly slower than that of a turtle covered in molasses in Fairbanks in January from being worn out from falling on my ass Sat lol! Hopefully the roads clear up a good deal before then as well!
-Mick-

moep
Tue Mar 26th, 2013, 07:05 PM
I am booked from 6:00 AM till after dinner.

Oddibe
Tue Mar 26th, 2013, 07:21 PM
I'm game. Canyons still have crap on them though, so nice & easy is how I like em...

Fumet5uNo
Tue Mar 26th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Canyons are not bad at all went up mor, had no complaint.

MilkMan
Wed Mar 27th, 2013, 06:16 PM
It snowed again today up there. Not exactly sure how far east it came, but a few buddies of mine drove to Vegas today and in Vail it was completely fucked..
-Mick-

Grant H.
Wed Mar 27th, 2013, 06:29 PM
I'm probably in.

Once I see poor road conditions I am turning around though...

Maybe I'm a wuss, but that's my own ride for Sunday.

Grim2.0
Wed Mar 27th, 2013, 07:30 PM
I'm probably in.

Once I see poor road conditions I am turning around though...

Maybe I'm a wuss, but that's my own ride for Sunday.

I just spent $$$$ on brand new plastics and time to put them on, if I see clouds I'm going home.

UHATEIT
Wed Mar 27th, 2013, 08:05 PM
A ride to blackhawk sounds nice. If the conditions are bad anyone in for a street ride to a food place?

Grant H.
Wed Mar 27th, 2013, 09:09 PM
I just spent $$$$ on brand new plastics and time to put them on, if I see clouds I'm going home.

I won't be on the bike I ordered plastics for, but I just don't see a need to ride in inclement weather... I have my truck for poor weather and poor road conditions.

A ride to blackhawk sounds nice. If the conditions are bad anyone in for a street ride to a food place?

Depends on what kind of food, and where...

UHATEIT
Wed Mar 27th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Depends on what kind of food, and where...

Its Grims thread, canyon ride to Blackhawk which sounds great I like that ride. Was only saying if weather up in the mountains or roads are bad then maybe a meetup and street ride to some good food place. Whatever Grim wanted. Wings, burgers, mexican food. We shall see how it all plays out.

AOK303
Wed Mar 27th, 2013, 10:19 PM
poop on a seat !!!!

i will be with the Audi club Saturday so if you go into the hills i may see you guys, would go on the bike but chain not in yet but soon haven't rode with grim in a year

sloridr
Wed Mar 27th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Grim can I come play on a sumo?

Grim2.0
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Grim can I come play on a sumo?

You bet your sweet titties you can!

I may actually end up busting out the Sumo instead, if it snowed the other day its likely there will be gravel.

madvlad
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 08:05 AM
poop on a seat !!!!

i will be with the Audi club Saturday so if you go into the hills i may see you guys, would go on the bike but chain not in yet but soon haven't rode with grim in a year

After the adjust and clean I did it's much better, go ride. Fuck the Audi club :lol:

Grim2.0
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 08:16 AM
poop on a seat !!!!

The ride is on Sunday not Saturday

sloridr
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 08:56 AM
The ride is on Sunday not Saturday

Are you sure cuz the Internet said the 31st was a Saturday? And we all know the Internet is 100% truth! :twisted:

However I don't believe it. And I don't have kids, wife is at work, and weather will be nice! All good reasons to ride on SUNDAYFUNDAY!

And I think we should ride from MOCO to willies wings 200 yards down the road and call it a good ride!:cheers: no really they have good wings!

UHATEIT
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Are you sure cuz the Internet said the 31st was a Saturday? And we all know the Internet is 100% truth! :twisted:

However I don't believe it. And I don't have kids, wife is at work, and weather will be nice! All good reasons to ride on SUNDAYFUNDAY!

And I think we should ride from MOCO to willies wings 200 yards down the road and call it a good ride!:cheers: no really they have good wings!

Weather should be great. Not sure about the roads. But wings sounds good I love wings! Tho you're probably being sarcastic about the wings :( I've been meaning go try that place there in Morrison.

sloridr
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Weather should be great. Not sure about the roads. But wings sounds good I love wings! Tho you're probably being sarcastic about the wings :( I've been meaning go try that place there in Morrison.

Only in the 200 yard good ride part. But going for a ride then ending up back there would be a good idea. They do have great wings too!!! Well twist Grims arm and make him do it....:D

Grim2.0
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Gotta get back home somehow, my plan was to stop and take a break in central city then go back the way we came so we can stop at the wing place

its all good!

sloridr
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Man didn't even have to twist your arm. That was easy. Sweet see you satu...er....Sunday!

UHATEIT
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Sweet! I eat wings everytime I can. Each time i see that wing shack there leaving MOCO I always say to myself damn that sounds like good place to eat!

rifleshooter
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 06:50 PM
I'm down. Hopefully I won't GO down; if conditions are shit-poor, I'll just ride like a fuckin' grandma.

losermonkey
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 10:39 PM
I get my bike back tomorrow, so I'm in.

AOK303
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 11:12 PM
if you guys want to see some nice cars Cars and coffee will be at sears outlet(old greatoutdoors) 9am this sat
GTR club will be there

Grim2.0
Fri Mar 29th, 2013, 07:58 AM
if you guys want a south denver meet up spot to head to moco Cars and coffee will be at sears outlet(old greatoutdoors) 9am this sat ill be there since my bike is not working before i leave for easter

Frank for the love of god look at the date of the ride, then look at a calendar.

JKOL
Fri Mar 29th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Frank for the love of god look at the date of the ride, then look at a calendar.

:lol:

AOK303
Fri Mar 29th, 2013, 08:13 AM
EPIC fail

madvlad
Fri Mar 29th, 2013, 08:28 AM
You're leaving for Easter?

sloridr
Fri Mar 29th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Can't wait to slide some tires! Will be on a small thumper so prolly close to the back of the pack of big street bikes...:devious:

UHATEIT
Fri Mar 29th, 2013, 12:38 PM
noob pace for the ride? I think that was mentioned, unless this is a fast pace ride?

Grim2.0
Fri Mar 29th, 2013, 12:48 PM
noob pace for the ride? I think that was mentioned, unless this is a fast pace ride?

You will be fine

UHATEIT
Fri Mar 29th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Good, since I did read earlier about a tortoise through molasses of some sort. Snails pace is good for me :)

losermonkey
Fri Mar 29th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Just rode from MoCo to kittredge and didn't see any gravel, road was damp but that was it.

Chaos
Fri Mar 29th, 2013, 06:29 PM
I'm thinking I'm going to join you fellas. Rode to work the last 2 days but need to get out and ride more than just commuting purposes!

sloridr
Sat Mar 30th, 2013, 01:10 AM
Almost turtle riding time! Gonna be a nice day! The molasses may soften and flow faster....

Ted
Sat Mar 30th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Grim Cookies available for this ride ?

performula
Sat Mar 30th, 2013, 11:44 AM
What about balls out and 185ish?

Grant H.
Sat Mar 30th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Dang, good paying contract just rolled in, so I am out...

I'll make a group ride sometime.

Enjoy and ride safe.

Grim2.0
Sat Mar 30th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Grim cupcakes this time........yea.......you know you want some.

Cornfed
Sat Mar 30th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Grim cupcakes this time........yea.......you know you want some.

With princess rings and soft balls?

rifleshooter
Sat Mar 30th, 2013, 07:43 PM
I'm hoping this junk blows over. I just ran 3 hours around Ft. Collins in the rain. It's looking kinda long-termish.

Grim2.0
Sat Mar 30th, 2013, 07:47 PM
With princess rings and soft balls?

Only the softest, anyone who rocks the princess ring should be given a free pass from LEO.

Thrill Hill
Sat Mar 30th, 2013, 08:28 PM
I might be down for this ride.. I'll be riding from central city to moco to meet up. The city was sweeping the cc speed way today! Even though we are getting a little snow up here right now, the roads should be clean.

Grim2.0
Sat Mar 30th, 2013, 08:30 PM
I might be down for this ride.. I'll be riding from central city to moco to meet up. The city was sweeping the cc speed way today! Even though we are getting a little snow up here right now, the roads should be clean.

:up: always a pleasure seeing you, you'll be our pre eyes for conditions.

madvlad
Sat Mar 30th, 2013, 08:30 PM
What are the roads looking like up towards blackhawk?

JKOL
Sat Mar 30th, 2013, 08:53 PM
I'm hoping this junk blows over. I just ran 3 hours around Ft. Collins in the rain. It's looking kinda long-termish.

Denver has stayed dry all day. Hopefully it stays that way.

Thrill Hill
Sat Mar 30th, 2013, 11:29 PM
The roads up here are just damp/wet right now. However, its probably going to be in the 30's in the morning. F--k winter,,, my ice covered driveway finally melted. Time to ride!

MarkT
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 07:28 AM
looking forward to grim productions video tonight.

madvlad
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 08:25 AM
You guys should just have lunch at Ameristar, their burgers are delish!

UHATEIT
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 08:28 AM
You guys should just have lunch at Ameristar, their burgers are delish!

Probably a good idea. With it being Easter that wing shack might be closed there in Morrison

Grim2.0
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 08:30 AM
Tis not a lunch ride we hit Central city take a break then head back.

madvlad
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 08:32 AM
Just saying since you guys will be up there by lunch time anyways lol but just a tought, just a thought. Have fun!

Chaos
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 10:20 AM
Leaving now from downtown, looking forward to meeting some of you guys.

willb003
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 10:31 AM
Heading that way.

sloridr
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 01:13 PM
Good ride. GG was kinda clean actually. At woodys in golden for pizza now. Mmmmm pizza and beer!k

Thrill Hill
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 01:49 PM
Great ride! Sucks I had to head home and get ready for work. Work is always getting in the way of a good time.

Grim2.0
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 02:51 PM
Good ride today, unfortunately there was one get off on beaver creek just before 74.

My gopro fell off :lol:

madvlad
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 02:53 PM
No vid, boooo!

Grim2.0
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 02:56 PM
No vid, boooo!

The falling of the gopro jolted it enough where it didn't save the video.

rifleshooter
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 03:16 PM
Good ride today, unfortunately there was one get off on beaver creek just before 74.

My gopro fell off :lol:

so you found it, great. I was wondering if we were going to have two hours of video of bugs making some of that Springtime Sweet Sweet Love.

Samko
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 03:26 PM
This was a cool mellow ride.
Grim you should never ride by yourself something always happens to you or your equipment and you were holding back a lot. ZX was turning quicker than DRZ ?

From CC Chaos,Rifleshooter and I rode down on 6 (baaalh bunch of cars). Rock Rest Lodge was pretty cool.
Nice meeting everyone else.
And I don't care how you guys pass me as long as we don't crash. I don't mind the adrenaline boost.

AOK303
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 03:29 PM
Oi grim down?

madvlad
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 03:34 PM
Oi grim down?

nah just camera

AOK303
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 03:38 PM
lol

Chaos
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 03:39 PM
Yeah that was fun! I only had one pucker moment haha

losermonkey
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 04:02 PM
I got a nice shot of Grim's GoPro trying to commit suicide.

koop
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 05:34 PM
Notes from Golden Gate;
1. I got a warning for passing on a double yellow. Actually it wasn't even much of a warning. It was a "Didn't you see me right behind you dumbass?" Didn't even run me, just told me not to be stupid. Cool.

2. Jeffco has a new totally blacked out Ford Edge. Sneaky

3. Someone on a Harley/cruiser went down on that first left turn into GG (East side). Something about that turn I've always found hinky. Meat wagon was there. Hope be's ok.

Grim2.0
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 05:44 PM
This was a cool mellow ride.
Grim you should never ride by yourself something always happens to you or your equipment and you were holding back a lot. ZX was turning quicker than DRZ ?

From CC Chaos,Rifleshooter and I rode down on 6 (baaalh bunch of cars). Rock Rest Lodge was pretty cool.
Nice meeting everyone else.
And I don't care how you guys pass me as long as we don't crash. I don't mind the adrenaline boost.

Unfortunately I had two things that were keeping me from riding at even 50% of my capability.

Still getting over a nasty head cold with a sinus infection, and not being on the ninja in the canyons for over 6 months. I just took it super easy today and kept a nice easy pace to keep myself from being a danger to myself and anyone else.

UHATEIT
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 06:04 PM
I was going to attend but my noob pace is much noobier than most so I didn't want to hold anyone up. But this sounds like everyone went pretty chill pace, fuck I shoulda gone! Instead I just romped the streets of aurora for an hour and a half by myself just getting seat time and my muscles loose so I can be ready for the season. Looks like a good turnout. What's this about woodys did the group stop there or just one dude? Fuckin love woodys!

TEC 2.0
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 06:18 PM
I wanted to come down, but trailering my bike over the pass kept me home. I did get out and ride about 40 miles today before turning numb being maybe 40 degrees up here. Oh well, next time!

Oddibe
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 07:56 PM
Fun ride. Lots of PoPo out though. Hit it again soon.

willb003
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 08:08 PM
Good ride, nice meeting you guys.

slorider and I hit golden gate twice after we broke off and then coal creek and then lookout mountain in golden.

Who was the guy on the black fz1 with radar that followed me down 6th into town?

madvlad
Sun Mar 31st, 2013, 09:04 PM
Twas a sweet day, sucks we'll drop like 30 degrees by tomorrow lol

rifleshooter
Mon Apr 1st, 2013, 02:46 PM
I was happy that with my first canyon ride since Bush's first couple of months in office, that I didn't slam it down, act like a dweeb, become killed, or break bones.

I was slow, coming in a couple of minutes later than the group, but I rode my ride and pushed just enough to learn. I also found out that my bike's not jetted to run right in the mountains. Near CC I got the sputters and had to downshift to 4th to get any acceleration. That F3 is "reelin' in the years."

sloridr
Mon Apr 1st, 2013, 10:01 PM
I was happy that with my first canyon ride since Bush's first couple of months in office, that I didn't slam it down, act like a dweeb, become killed, or break bones.

I was slow, coming in a couple of minutes later than the group, but I rode my ride and pushed just enough to learn. I also found out that my bike's not jetted to run right in the mountains. Near CC I got the sputters and had to downshift to 4th to get any acceleration. That F3 is "reelin' in the years."

Go see Jim at TFOG in golden. clicky (http://www.tfogwheelsports.com/)

Grim2.0
Mon Apr 1st, 2013, 10:33 PM
Someone make a damn video already, I only got footage of the Morrison and CCPW so basically nothing.

sloridr
Mon Apr 1st, 2013, 11:03 PM
I haven't even watched mine yet!