PDA

View Full Version : Glad they finally caught this nutjob......

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:09 AM
......before someone (besides him) got hurt.

http://news.yahoo.com/survivalist-surrenders-lawmen-utah-mountains-072302677.html

laspariahs
Wed Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:15 AM
Yeah he sure sounded dangerous.....

I'm glad he'll no longer be stealing others property though.

Ghosty
Wed Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:19 AM
In Utah, you can own a mountain... :D

The 45-year-old survivalist is suspected of burglarizing dozens of Utah cabins and leaving taunting notes for owners — "get off my mountain" — and for sheriffs across several counties — "gonna put you in the ground!" Now he faces multiple felonies in at least four counties, including for shooting at a police helicopter and officers on the ground.

kalibra
Wed Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:35 AM
surveillance cameras in the woods? Hmmmmm

bulldog
Wed Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:44 AM
At least he was probably stealing from rich people.....aren't they the ones that can mostly afford multiple houses like these :dunno:

Nick_Ninja
Wed Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:59 AM
At least he was probably stealing from rich people.....aren't they the ones that can mostly afford multiple houses like these :dunno:

... and multiple wives. It is Utah after all ..... :roll:

Grim2.0
Wed Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:30 AM
6 years is a long time to elude and pillage.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:17 PM
Stealing from people who make more money than you is ok? Now you're sounding like a (D)emocrat.....:lol:

This kind of crap is intolerable no matter who he steals from. I know people who have small cabins in remote areas, and they're not "rich".

bulldog
Wed Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:27 PM
Stealing from people who make more money than you is ok? Now you're sounding like a (D)emocrat.....:lol:

This kind of crap is intolerable no matter who he steals from. I know people who have small cabins in remote areas, and they're not "rich". No I hate thieves...but I hate thieves more that steal from people....then even more who steal from poor people.

You are correct and still not acceptable....just feel a little better they were most likely well off and could afford the loss. :lol:

asp_125
Wed Apr 3rd, 2013, 01:35 PM
There are lots of hunting cabins in those areas, lot easier to break into a shack than some 4000 sqft lodge. Just sayin'. Without the facts we're just armchair quarterbacking.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Apr 3rd, 2013, 02:19 PM
<snip>Without the facts we're just armchair quarterbacking.

That NEVER happens on the CSC board :D

modette99
Wed Apr 3rd, 2013, 03:07 PM
His mistake, stealing stuff like a gun. Now if he broke in slept in a bed ate some food and moved on without tearing the place up and leaving nasty notes he probably could still be living the mountain man way as a cabin owner would of shook it off as someone needing a place to survive for the night.

I bet this guy would kick butt on a survivalist show... 6 years he knew how to hide out. however 6 years he could of worked and made money and lived a simple life in a small mountain town *shrug* So why was he doing this?

bulldog
Wed Apr 3rd, 2013, 03:27 PM
His mistake, stealing stuff like a gun. Now if he broke in slept in a bed ate some food and moved on without tearing the place up and leaving nasty notes he probably could still be living the mountain man way as a cabin owner would of shook it off as someone needing a place to survive for the night.
I think that is even a law; allowed to break in for survival. Unless that Bear guy on that survival show lied, but he did it. Or maybe it was the other survival guy...can't remember.

rforsythe
Thu Apr 4th, 2013, 07:54 AM
however 6 years he could of worked and made money and lived a simple life in a small mountain town *shrug* So why was he doing this?

Different strokes for different folks.

I think that is even a law; allowed to break in for survival. Unless that Bear guy on that survival show lied, but he did it. Or maybe it was the other survival guy...can't remember.

Not sure on that, at least I've never heard of that law. However criminal law includes the concept of intent. If you had to break into a cabin in the woods to survive, I think people would understand it. The owner might ask you to pay for anything you damaged or consumed in the process, but I doubt a cop would prosecute if it was that kind of situation. Now, if you're in the woods breaking into other peoples' stuff because you're just being an asshole, then you get what's coming.