PDA

View Full Version : Dynabeads

Dannymack
Wed Apr 10th, 2013, 09:00 AM
I came across these today and was curious if anyone has used them?
http://www.innovativebalancing.com/motorcycle.htm

madvlad
Wed Apr 10th, 2013, 09:03 AM
I used them at 303cycle when they used to mount and balance tires. Pretty good, never noticed a shimmy or anything like it.

asp_125
Wed Apr 10th, 2013, 09:22 AM
I used them at 303cycle when they used to mount and balance tires. Pretty good, never noticed a shimmy or anything like it.

+1, They were fine on the street, but I never tested them on the track though.

mauser72
Wed Apr 10th, 2013, 10:54 AM
I had a set of supercorsas that would vibrate bad above 140 at the track tryed to use weights to get rid of it but it only helped a little I put some dyna beads in them and the vibration was gone they are all I use now.

Sean
Wed Apr 10th, 2013, 11:35 AM
I heard that dynabeads are not suitable for the track. Too much heat, I think? Great in street tires though.

madvlad
Wed Apr 10th, 2013, 11:37 AM
I heard that dynabeads are not suitable for the track. Too much heat, I think? Great in street tires though.

I think on race tire applications only but if you're running a street tire should be fine. David at 303 explained that when the rubber gets that hot specially on slicks that the beads will stick to the rubber and what not.

FZRguy
Wed Apr 10th, 2013, 08:52 PM
No issues with them in a set of BT016's. They sound kinda strange rolling around when you have the bike on the stand.