PDA

View Full Version : Engine Coolant

SlayerAt5280
Wed Apr 10th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Many internet sites and forums seem to claim that the best is either Engine Ice, Distilled Water with Water Wetter added, or a combination of the two. Most of these people appear to live in warm places not Colorado where we have to worry about freeze.
Just wanted to get some opinions about engine coolants that people here are using.

jcj81
Wed Apr 10th, 2013, 09:39 PM
I just use a premixed antifreeze good for hot/cold conditions

AOK303
Wed Apr 10th, 2013, 09:40 PM
i drink cool aid then pee inside!!!

Jk i use premix anti freeze alot use wetter water is that right here, works on street and track just have to flush before winter

Sully
Wed Apr 10th, 2013, 10:03 PM
I use water wetter mixed with distilled water so if I decide to hit the track, then I'm ready. If I think it may get too cold, I will bring the bike inside the house (from the garage) but it has to get really cold.

jcj81
Wed Apr 10th, 2013, 10:12 PM
I use water wetter mixed with distilled water so if I decide to hit the track, then I'm ready. If I think it may get too cold, I will bring the bike inside the house (from the garage) but it has to get really cold.

I mentioned bring the bike inside the house ONCE got the WTF look from my wife :argue: so i didnt press it.

madvlad
Wed Apr 10th, 2013, 10:13 PM
If you do just summer riding then water wetter with distilled water is good but like said flush it before winter with normal coolant to avoid freezing. Engine ice is a well all year coolant and does help the bikes run cooler.

FZRguy
Wed Apr 10th, 2013, 10:29 PM
I use Silkolene Pro Cool with a couple cap fulls of WW per qt.

Sully
Thu Apr 11th, 2013, 09:27 AM
I mentioned bring the bike inside the house ONCE got the WTF look from my wife :argue: so i didnt press it.

Lucky for me, I don't have one of those :lol:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Apr 11th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Lucky for me, I don't have one of those :lol:
Yeah, they're WAY too much fuckin' trouble......:D

rybo
Thu Apr 11th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Many internet sites and forums seem to claim that the best is either Engine Ice, Distilled Water with Water Wetter added, or a combination of the two. Most of these people appear to live in warm places not Colorado where we have to worry about freeze.
Just wanted to get some opinions about engine coolants that people here are using.

If you're heading to the track there is lots of good advice below.

If you're staying on the street there is nothing wrong with any of the quality glycol based coolants out there.

Scott

vozproto
Sat May 11th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Second Rybo.

SlayerAt5280
Sun Jun 23rd, 2013, 01:40 AM
Thanks all for the suggestions. Helps a lot.