PDA

View Full Version : Frame sliders on R6

DenverDuc
Tue Oct 7th, 2003, 11:31 AM
I got the shogun race sliders and was wondering if I should use a torque wrench on them or just tighten damn down and throw on some locktight? Also the left slider doesn't sit completely flush on the fame its sticks out bout 2mm, does that seem ok ?(basically, the cylinder fits right in but sticks out bout 2mm not letting the slider mount completely flush.) Any thoughts?

Green
Tue Oct 7th, 2003, 11:49 AM
I'm not saying this is what you should do, just what happened to mine...

When I threw sliders on my R1 I noticed the right one sticks out about 1/4". The instructions said make sure I put the washers on that side, but I don't know why. I think I'm gonna take them out and mount it flush cause it seems wobbly.
I'm trying to figure which way would be more beneficial. I'd imagine flush mounting would strengthen the slider, but the washers will let the bolt bend versus maybe breaking with the flush mount. The clutch slider is 100% flush mount with a smaller bolt than the frame sliders.
I used blue-locktite, but I also torqued them. I didn't have the specs so I just estimated torque based on the bolt size/class.

BlueDevil
Wed Oct 8th, 2003, 12:59 PM
I just completed install on my 03 R6. I dont have that. Mine are bith flush against the frame on both sides. All though the instructions had them backwards on the print out........

Def use a torque wrench. Get those babies to spec. THey are on the engine mount bolts and those are pretty important Id say. :D