PDA

View Full Version : @ CSC owners/admins: TAX CODE question

Ghosty
Mon Apr 15th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Owner specifically. Do you run this is a "home business" for tax purposes? If confidential, please PM me.

Basically I wanted to ask what IRS business code you use. If not I'll wing it, since "Internet Message Forum" isn't exactly listed, heh. I'm having trouble finding something more specific than:

518210: "Data processing, hosting, and related services"

So I'll probably just go with that, even though that sounds more like what an ISP or Hosting company would use.

Here is the one that I considered next:

519100:

Other information services (including news syndicates and libraries)(519100)
"News Syndicates, Libraries and Archives, All Other Information Services, Monetary Authorities - Central Bank, Internet Publishing and Broadcasting

WHICH ONE do you think is more in line with Internet Message Forums that don't do any other product sales, just provide the message forum as a service (free or not).

rforsythe
Tue Apr 16th, 2013, 02:18 PM
While I'm not going to get into personal financial detail on here, if you're just running a free system (no attempt at a profit) then you don't really need to declare anything at all. If you're going to register your forum as a business (to declare a profit or a loss), get an EIN, etc then I suppose either of those numbers would work though I think I'd go with the first one. The second one doesn't seem as close of a match.

I can discuss further over PM if you like.

Sean
Tue Apr 16th, 2013, 02:54 PM
While I'm not going to get into personal financial detail on here...
If you're not going to provide the forum members with a complete and legal tax return for the past 10 years, how do we know that you're not stealing from the community and financing your Barbie doll collection?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/07/article-0-187EE568000005DC-185_964x638.jpg

Filo
Tue Apr 16th, 2013, 03:16 PM
I have seen both Ralph and his basement. That picture is definitely him. I didn't realize at the time he was fueling his unnatural obsession with my money. Now I am mad.

If you're not going to provide the forum members with a complete and legal tax return for the past 10 years, how do we know that you're not stealing from the community and financing your Barbie doll collection?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/07/article-0-187EE568000005DC-185_964x638.jpg

rforsythe
Tue Apr 16th, 2013, 03:52 PM
I have seen both Ralph and his basement. That picture is definitely him. I didn't realize at the time he was fueling his unnatural obsession with my money. Now I am mad.

What the hell else would I be doing with your money?

Grim2.0
Tue Apr 16th, 2013, 03:53 PM
What the hell else would I be doing with your money?

That sure is a nice shiny new truck you got......

Sean
Tue Apr 16th, 2013, 04:16 PM
That sure is a nice shiny new truck you got......That's just money from his ho's...everybody knows that. :roll:

rforsythe
Tue Apr 16th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Pimpin' ain't easy.

Ghosty
Tue Apr 16th, 2013, 04:25 PM
I forgot which one I used, but I list the forum as a (albeit tiny) home business for tax purposes. All legal and kosher. Thanks Ralph.