PDA

View Full Version : Boston Marathon Bombing

Oddibe
Fri Apr 19th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Heard one MA dude is still alive, dammit. Time to waste medical and legal fees...

Zanatos
Fri Apr 19th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Early reports claim that the brothers were motivated by conspiracy theories they read on the Internet. The older brother said he believed the US government was behind the 9/11 attacks because "it wanted everyone to hate all Muslims."

The boys' father is claiming that the US government is framing his innocent angels.

Let's see. Hundreds of photos of the two brothers carrying the backpacks that contained the bombs. Video footage of them placing the backpacks near the finish line. A firefight with the cops, the execution of a police officer in his car, a carjacking, a high-speed chase where they tossed grenades at pursuing cop cars.

Yep. The whole thing clearly looks like a frame-up to me. (sarcasm)

Ghosty
Fri Apr 19th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Heard one MA dude is still alive, dammit. Time to waste medical and legal fees...
This is the main Boston thread:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=729912#post729912

<Mods merge?>

Wrider
Fri Apr 19th, 2013, 10:30 PM
I do have to point out that one kid was doing very well in the middle of his second year of med school.

Then I have to point out that one did manage to "escape" from a house surrounded by SWAT, ATF, FBI, Sheriff, local PD, etc in an unarmored vehicle through multiple roadblocks set up both in and around the neighborhood.

I'm not saying they're innocent, but something is NOT right with this... That's coming from somebody who honestly believes the 9/11 attacks were not a setup based off of both my experiences and knowledge, my family's background as firefighters and engineers, and my own research.

Zanatos
Fri Apr 19th, 2013, 11:34 PM
The kid didn't exactly escape unscathed. He was shot at least twice.

I can see how it would be pretty tough to stop a highly-armed, hostile, and determined terrorist who is willing to risk his life. Most cops have a sidearm and a second-chance vest - but that doesn't make them willing to throw themselves in front of a speeding car while getting shot at and having grenades lobbed at them.

I find it ironic that the motivation of the two brothers may have come from an unsupported conspiracy theory. Early reports say that the two brothers were motivated to carry out the bombings because of conspiracy theories they read on the Internet. The older brother said that he believed the US government was behind 9/11 because "it wanted everyone to hate all Muslims."

Now that the attacks are over, right wing media and "infotainment personalities" like Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity have consistently engaged in ridiculous speculations and have disregarded the real facts.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/04/18/glenn-beck-is-undeterred-by-reality-on-saudi-na/193696

Predicted next post: "Oh, mediamatters is a Liberal propaganda site."

My response: Maybe so - but the facts in the story are irrefutable and provided by credentialed and vetted sources (Boston police investigators).

Hoot
Fri Apr 19th, 2013, 11:51 PM
My response: Maybe so - but the facts in the story are irrefutable and provided by credentialed and vetted sources (Boston police investigators).

DHS and FBI were credited all over the article. Didn't see any mention of BPD.

I'm a stickler for detail when saying things are fact. :)

Wrider
Fri Apr 19th, 2013, 11:54 PM
The kid didn't exactly escape unscathed. He was shot at least twice.

I can see how it would be pretty tough to stop a highly-armed, hostile, and determined terrorist who is willing to risk his life. Most cops have a sidearm and a second-chance vest - but that doesn't make them willing to throw themselves in front of a speeding car while getting shot at and having grenades lobbed at them.

Now that the attacks are over, right wing media and "infotainment personalities" like Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity have consistently engaged in ridiculous speculations and have disregarded the real facts.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/04/18/glenn-beck-is-undeterred-by-reality-on-saudi-na/193696

Predicted next post: "Oh, mediamatters is a Liberal propaganda site."

Ok, while I see your point, he was surrounded and being shot at consistently by (and this is just going by the pictures I saw), ATF agents, FBI agents, SWAT teams from both agencies and the local PD/sheriff armed with either M4s/M16s and shotguns, not just sidearms. A couple of 5.56 rounds into an engine will destroy all but the absolutely most robust engines, not to mention a 5.56 will easily penetrate an unarmored door panel/window.

I don't believe the far right any more than you do. I'm just saying there's SOMETHING wrong here. Between the schooling, the one guy escaping, etc, something's up.

That said I also don't believe the far left.

Oh, and according to the FBI and local PD, the guy in the hospital that was wounded WAS a person of interest until he was questioned and his apartment searched. He's no longer a person of interest. Was != never was.

Zanatos
Sat Apr 20th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Maybe things will become clearer now that the authorities have the 19-year-old. News reports this morning are also saying that there were three more bombing-related arrests overnight.