PDA

View Full Version : 5th Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Ride

Spiderman
Fri Sep 16th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Hello from the Mountain Shadow Riders!!

Please let me introduce myself….. My name is Carolee Langer, I am the web-mistress for Mountain Shadow Riders, the local Women on Wheels Chapter here in Colorado Springs.

I found your group information on the internet and was hoping you could help spread the word about our upcoming Bike Event to be held in Colorado Springs on Oct. 1st.

Every year, Mountain Shadow Riders sponsors an Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Run. We have approximately 50 members in our Women on Wheels Chapter and we all volunteer our time and efforts each year for this very worthy event. Many of us have friends, loved ones or know of someone who has been touched by breast cancer. Some of us have lost loved ones and all of us celebrate with “survivors” in our families or with people we know and work with.

This year marks our 5th anniversary of our “BCA” run , and as in years past – all proceeds from our run go to the Local Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. For more than 20 years, the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation has been a global leader in the fight against breast cancer through its support of innovative research and community-based outreach programs. Working through a network of U.S. and international Affiliates, the Komen Foundation is fighting to eradicate breast cancer as a life-threatening disease by funding research grants and supporting education, screening and treatment projects in communities around the world. An estimated 211,240 new cases of breast cancer will be diagnosed in American women in 2005 alone.

The women of Mountain Shadow Riders want to do everything we can to help this very worthy cause and we are asking for your help.

If you could please share with your groups our “BCA run” information – we would appreciate it greatly.
If you can join us on our ride – October 1st – that would be GREAT!!!

Here is the ride information and I have attached the “ride poster” to this email as well (in adobe .pdf format).
Registration begins at 9:00am
Western Omelette – 16 S. Walnut – Colorado Springs
Last Bike in: 2:30pm
Howard’s Pit BBQ – 3350 N. Chestnut –Colorado Springs
Donation: $10.00
Drawings – Prizes – Food – 50/50
All proceeds go to the Colorado Springs Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
For more information:
Contact Chris Ehrman, Director 573-9242 or email us at info@mountainshadowriders.com
Check us out on the web at: www.mountainshadowriders.com
*We ride – rain or shine!
*All forms of transportation are welcome!!

We would appreciate it so much if you could pass please this along to your groups.

Thanks so much in advance and Ride Safe!!

Regards,
Carolee Langer
Mountain Shadow Riders -WebMistress -Member # 14685
www.mountainshadowriders.comClick here to see the ride poster (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/CharityInvites/MSR-BCA_run_2005.pdf) (Adobe Acrobat Reader required)