PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an ID on riders - North Denver (Sheridan & 36) 4/21 afternoon

Vance
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 06:25 AM
Looking for some help ID'ing some riders who were out yesterday (4/21/13) up in the Thornton / Denver area:

Here's the 411:

Primary bike unknown - my friend doesn't know bikes terribly well.
Another bike was an Aprilia (unknown gen) - he just made out "Aprilia" on it.
Third bike unknown. Three bikes total with four people.
Blue jacket mono rider
A white jacket mono rider
Two-up, both with black gear

This was driving down 36 in the HOV lane between Sheridan and I-25 at a little after 2pm.

Mr. White Jacket lane bashed a number of cars - including illegal lane splitting - to where on weaving he put his foot down on the shoulder. This little maneuver threw up rocks and debris that cracked my friend's windshield up pretty bad. Mr. White Jacket then pulled a wheelie down the highway after he bashed around a few other cars and went balls out (making a plate ID impossible). Fellow two bikes likewise went open throttle to maintain pace, no plates available.

Friend said one bike didn't have a plate at all (most likely tucked behind the wheel since he doesn't know that placement technique).

I want to ID this asshat for two reasons:
1 . He needs to be publicly called out for his douchebag riding techniques.
2. He needs to man up and provide insurance information to my friend for coverage of the damages to his car because of his douchebag riding techniques.

ANYONE who can help please let me know here or via PM.

willb003
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 06:55 AM
If his windshield got cracked that badly it means he was following too closely. If there is one asshole on the road, you yourself being an asshole is not going to make the situation any better.

Here's what I got out of your post:
Friend got passed or lane shared
got butthurt over getting passed
decides to tailgate bike
bikers sees this stick foot down in gravel to get rid of him.

Not saying this is what happened, but is what sounds like happened.

madvlad
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 07:14 AM
Sorry to say but you'll probably never know who they are to be honest, most riders up north are douche bags and just gotta get used to it. Sorry to hear about the mishap

Vance
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 07:16 AM
If his windshield got cracked that badly it means he was following too closely. If there is one asshole on the road, you yourself being an asshole is not going to make the situation any better.

Here's what I got out of your post:
Friend got passed or lane shared
got butthurt over getting passed
decides to tailgate bike
bikers sees this stick foot down in gravel to get rid of him.

Not saying this is what happened, but is what sounds like happened.

I crosschecked with his wife who was in the car and much "calmer" than he is about these sorts of things - and I would have to say that is a 100% incorrect assessment of the situation.

There was no "passing"...

This guy was lane bashing something fierce apparently - lane splitting, diving between lanes, and the foot on the shoulder appeared to be a compensation (her guestimate) a method for possibly swinging too hard into the HOV lane and trying to lunge back the other way.

They were at speed (60'ish) in the lane already - it was this guy that cut in front of them being an asshat playing car tag. She estimates he swung into the lane right in front of them less than 5 yards and spewed up the gravel and shit.

Take what you will from my post - but it sounds like this guy was showing off to his riding friends (I mean really? Popping a wheelie down 36?).

vort3xr6
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 07:20 AM
I want to lane bash.

Fumet5uNo
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 07:21 AM
Well due to the fact I like to be a jack ass I will keep my eyes open for them

mxer
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 07:26 AM
What the hell is lane bashing? Even a google search came up with nothing.

Tell your friend to get glass insurance. I can't believe people in Colorado don't have that. Cracked windshields are a part of driving. Not sure how in the world the rider is responsible no matter what he was doing.

madvlad
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 07:28 AM
I crosschecked with his wife who was in the car and much "calmer" than he is about these sorts of things - and I would have to say that is a 100% incorrect assessment of the situation.

There was no "passing"...

This guy was lane bashing something fierce apparently - lane splitting, diving between lanes, and the foot on the shoulder appeared to be a compensation (her guestimate) a method for possibly swinging too hard into the HOV lane and trying to lunge back the other way.

They were at speed (60'ish) in the lane already - it was this guy that cut in front of them being an asshat playing car tag. She estimates he swung into the lane right in front of them less than 5 yards and spewed up the gravel and shit.

Take what you will from my post - but it sounds like this guy was showing off to his riding friends (I mean really? Popping a wheelie down 36?).

Yes wrong but why does this surprise you? This type of crap has been happening for decades probably

Vance
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 07:36 AM
Surprise me? No.
I've seen it (lane bashing and lane splitting) myself out on rides or drives or whatever all the damn time.
Something THIS aggressive though - where there is a possible forum upon which to ID this guy and call him out for the asshattery maneuver, well now that's relatively new to the game :)

Lane Bashing: Aggressively cutting across lanes of traffic (multiple lanes sometimes), etc. Treating traffic like some sort of maze to be maneuvered at aggressive speeds and with little regard for distance to the cars as you bounce from lane to lane. Really? You've never heard this term before?

Glass Insurance: Some of us have ridiculous deductibles on our glass coverage. I have probably the best policy Allstate has - but they still charge me full deductible for glass rather than say a separate $100 bill for it. I have no idea why. So sometimes a "glass insurance" isn't viable.

Do I think my friend will get his windshield replaced by this douchebag?
No.
But I do think at a minimum his behavior and the consequence of it need to be called out. Sport bike riders have a bad enough reputation with doing stunts on the highways, etc... do we really need them to be pulling this shit too and further damaging the reputation without being called out on it?

madvlad
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 07:39 AM
Just saying even if you ID the guy, he'll just deny everything anyways given there was no video or anything 100% tying him to the actions, just what people "saw"... At some point asshats like those unfortunately will learn their lesson that they're not invincible and either die or get hurt really bad and also hurt others while they're at it. Vicious cycle of ignorance but what are you going to do, this is America and people can do whatever the fuck they please, so best to let it go and move on with your life.

Filo
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 07:48 AM
Just saying even if you ID the guy, he'll just deny everything anyways given there was no video or anything 100% tying him to the actions, just what people "saw"... At some point asshats like those unfortunately will learn their lesson that they're not invincible and either die or get hurt really bad and also hurt others while they're at it. Vicious cycle of ignorance but what are you going to do, this is America and people can do whatever the fuck they please, so best to let it go and move on with your life.

There is, however, some benefit to calling someone on being an idiot and having a little public humiliation. It lets them know that someone was watching and knows who they are. That embarrasment makes some less likely to participate in douche baggery next time.

Vance
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 07:48 AM

I'm not disagreeing with, in the grande scope of things, being able to do nothing about it... this is a country where people will cut you off, put your life in danger, and then flip YOU off for being there.

This guy gives me the impression he's one of those people.

But ID'ing the fuckwit - and calling him out on it - hopefully will at least make him think twice that now everyone knows he's an asshat, rides like an asshat, and should therein be austrocized from anyone that cares about proper riding and promoting sport bike riding (read as: summarily banned from CSC group rides perhaps?)

madvlad
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 07:53 AM
There is, however, some benefit to calling someone on being an idiot and having a little public humiliation. It lets them know that someone was watching and knows who they are. That embarrasment makes some less likely to participate in douche baggery next time.

I wouldn't be too sure of that but who knows...

I'm not disagreeing with, in the grande scope of things, being able to do nothing about it... this is a country where people will cut you off, put your life in danger, and then flip YOU off for being there.

This guy gives me the impression he's one of those people.

But ID'ing the fuckwit - and calling him out on it - hopefully will at least make him think twice that now everyone knows he's an asshat, rides like an asshat, and should therein be austrocized from anyone that cares about proper riding and promoting sport bike riding (read as: summarily banned from CSC group rides perhaps?)

People like that most likely don't learn like our two yolo friends that stole from Performance cause God forbid what would their buddies think... Just saying, I understand your frustration and your friends with that careless riding and putting others in danger but unfortunately people like such learn the hard way and even then it's a long shot. Good luck though

3point5
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 08:03 AM
I ride an ape but it wasnt me…all I can say is karma's a b!tch...

If there is one asshole on the road

then this world would be a much better place!

Bueller
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 09:42 AM
Are you assuming the guy is on here and if so could possibly give a flying about you calling him out :lol:

Zach929rr
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 12:42 PM
Lol this entire thread is a joke

tecknojoe
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 12:57 PM
So it was zach and dave on the two up bike.

now we just need to identify the other 2 riders :lol:

Zach929rr
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 01:12 PM
Confirming i ride NTB with dave

j0ker
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 01:27 PM
If we can't do wheelies on the highway, where can we do them?!

Grim2.0
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 02:05 PM
Should have threatened to shoot him in the face.

rforsythe
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 02:10 PM
Jesus Vance, what kind of liberal entitlement crap is this? :lol:

sag
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 02:44 PM
on my first highway drive in my brand new car an asphalt haul trucks gate swing open on the bottom littering I25 with asphalt. i was 4 lanes away slamming on the brakes and still my car got owned. chips all over the front skin, a small one on the hood and some chips in the windshield. shit happens and it really sucks but life goes on.

Sully
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 03:06 PM
shit happens and it really sucks but life goes on.

:imwithstupid: Sorry, Vance.. yes, this sucks :(

This is why we pay so much for full coverage insurance.. but that's another story for the f*tards who don't even have insurance :rant: .. And oh, that reminds me, will the jackass who gave me the door dent call me so I can send him/her the bill? :321: :shock:

#1Townie
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 03:56 PM
I am just going to say I have not been anywhere near co for a few weeks. I had nothing to do with this one. Lol

rforsythe
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 03:57 PM
I am just going to say I have not been anywhere near co for a few weeks. I had nothing to do with this one. Lol

Whatever. The cops are blaming you anyway.

#1Townie
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 04:02 PM

Its because I'm white.

madvlad
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 04:10 PM

Its because I'm white.

:yes:

rforsythe
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 04:14 PM
WTF? I thought you were Puerto Rican. Fuck.

mdub
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 04:26 PM
a white puerto rican.

madvlad
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 04:29 PM
a white puerto rican.

No that's pitbull :lol:

One-ops
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 04:32 PM
There's no members that would ever do such a thing you have to be looking in the wrong place yeah

#1Townie
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 04:44 PM
WTF? I thought you were Puerto Rican. Fuck.

Do whaaaaaaaaaaa?

There's no members that would ever do such a thing you have to be looking in the wrong place yeah

Hey some of us are assholes. Looks around. Shit I'm the only asshole.

Filo
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 06:16 PM
And oh, that reminds me, will the jackass who gave me the door dent call me so I can send him/her the bill? :321: :shock:

Is that what we are calling it these days? A "door dent"? And doesn't the guy who dented you get paid? Or has that whole industry gone down the drain since I left it?

Gigolo. Think gigolo....

AOK303
Mon Apr 22nd, 2013, 08:40 PM
not to be racist or anything but so many Mexicans on feds doing that yesterday and they run up to westie and back down to feds and alameda then to shell on colfax

Sully
Tue Apr 23rd, 2013, 12:19 PM
Is that what we are calling it these days? A "door dent"? And doesn't the guy who dented you get paid? Or has that whole industry gone down the drain since I left it?

Gigolo. Think gigolo....

ohh Adam... lol :slap: :bigeyes: :lol:

Supaduka
Tue Apr 23rd, 2013, 12:56 PM
Yes wrong but why does this surprise you? This type of crap has been happening for decades probably

Agreed. Every rider knows that the days are numbered for people who ride like a douchenozzle