PDA

View Full Version : Leather suit alterations?

NineTwoFour
Tue Oct 7th, 2003, 11:51 AM
Anyone on here know of anyone that can do some alterations to a leather suit. And do it SAFELY.

I want to get out on the track, but dropping $$$ on a custom suit is not a smart move for a track newbie. I am hoping to find a good deal on a used suit and then get it altered where neccessary.

Any help is much appreciated.

yakuza
Tue Oct 7th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Kris Drattlo performs most of the work on the leathers of MRA racers. She is spoken very highly of by everyone I know who has had her do work, and is extremely affordable.

You should be able to contact her via Andrew Drattlo (MRA President), his contact info is available on the MRA website:

http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=contact

NineTwoFour
Tue Oct 7th, 2003, 02:12 PM
Hey, thanks a lot Alex. :up:

I called and talked to her, and she is WAYYY cool. Costs sound VERY reasonable. Gave me lots of good information on suits as well.

Anyone have experience with Motorcycle Leather Exchange (http://www.motorcycleleatherexchange.com)? I am looking at getting a used suit from them, then getting it altered.

yakuza
Tue Oct 7th, 2003, 02:22 PM
Awesome, glad that is working out well. :up: Most people I know that have used her services have felt like they got way more than they paid for, and frequently tipped her more.

I'm afraid I don't have any experience with Motorcycle Leather Exchange, I've only purchased from NewEnough.com (who have always been awesome) but perhaps someone else on this board can provide you some feedback.

Kip
Tue Oct 21st, 2003, 03:52 PM
I used Kris Drattlo to alter a suit I bought...I've also gone down twice and everything held up perfect. She's very good.

NineTwoFour
Fri Oct 24th, 2003, 09:18 AM
I am glad to hear this.

I just bought a JR Speedmaster suit, and will be taking it down to her next week.

RzaRobbie
Tue Jan 6th, 2004, 11:19 PM
Hey guys.. Andrew Drattlo (MRA President) is no longer on the contact page.. and I have a leather suit that needs some alterations.. any newer contact info you can give me?

Thanks much!

Anonymous
Wed Jan 7th, 2004, 08:22 AM
I had two numbers for Kris - one's been disconnected - this is the other one: 303-755-6659

Here's another alternative for you - found this on the MRA message board:

I've used "Carleen of Golden" in Golden, CO with good results. 303-279-2112

Scott
MRA # 37