PDA

View Full Version : What is the gear requirement for IMI

tecknojoe
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 08:09 AM
I have a buddy that needs to stop being a pussy and come to IMI. What are the gear requirements for the asphalt track? Does he have to have something that zips together or just head to toe street gear?

Mother Goose
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Last time I was there, it was gloves, helmet, and boots that go above the ankles.

madvlad
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 08:14 AM
I think at least ankle high boots but heard that there are people that ride in jeans out there and with basic gear which of course I wouldn't recommend in case of a wipe out lol

sprtbkbabe
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 08:15 AM
There's gear rqmt at IMI? :lol::lol::lol:

tecknojoe
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Nice.

Nate, lets go you pussy

tecknojoe
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 08:20 AM
There's gear rqmt at IMI? :lol::lol::lol:

hell if i know, i'm too busy goin fast to look at my outfit :crazy:

madvlad
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Dude Nate you have to go to a track day man, I used to be scared too man but it was the best choice I ever made. Just the superstreet race gave me a huge confidence boost and then it got me doing track days as well. DO EEEEEET!

Sean
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Jacket, gloves, helmet and a box to put the parts of your bike into after you crash. :lol:

Sully
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 08:57 AM
For some reason, I though a jacket was required also? :dunno:

So you're calling your friend a "Pussy" because he won't go to the track? :wtf:

Cornfed
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 09:04 AM

You know that's a term of endearment in this circle. You should hear what I call Grim. :blowup:

tecknojoe
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 09:07 AM
For some reason, I though a jacket was required also? :dunno:

He knows I'm kidding

We've been talking about taking him to IMI or HPR for the last year

We'd just be going to see what it's like to be on a closed course where you can turn the bike

madvlad
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 09:23 AM
He knows I'm kidding

We've been talking about taking him to IMI or HPR for the last year

We'd just be going to see what it's like to be on a closed course where you can turn the bike

He should do a Superstreet with us this year :D :devious:

Nooch
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 09:24 AM

This is how guys hug.

:slappers:

tecknojoe
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 09:27 AM
He should do a Superstreet with us this year :D :devious:

I won't rush him into that, it can be overwhelming. I DO however want to get him out there for a lapping day. He's already workin on the wife to buy a pair of leathers

I'm probly ruining their marrage. Nate please view the "alimony" thread before it's too late :lol:

This is how guys hug.

:slappers:

you know what, that's actually true :lol:

madvlad
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 09:30 AM
I won't rush him into that, it can be overwhelming. I DO however want to get him out there for a lapping day. He's already workin on the wife to buy a pair of leathers

I'm probly ruining their marrage. Nate please view the "alimony" thread before it's too late :lol:

True, he'll never look back after that once he hits HPR lol.... pre-nup son, PRE-NUP IT UP! :lol:

bulldog
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Dude Nate you have to go to a track day man, I used to be scared too man but it was the best choice I ever made. Just the superstreet race gave me a huge confidence boost and then it got me doing track days as well. DO EEEEEET! WTF...I probably did my first track day when you were still a freshman in HS!

Oh wait...wrong Nate :lol:

madvlad
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 09:40 AM
WTF...I probably did my first track day when you were still a freshman in HS!

Oh wait...wrong Nate :lol:

Whatevs dude, that sounds like a challenge to me son! LET'S GO! haha

bulldog
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Whatevs dude, that sounds like a challenge to me son! LET'S GO! haha It is one option I have considered for the CBR, but without a truck or a vehicle to tow with it doesn't make sense, so looking for a truck first....then maybe a track bike (I really prefer a dedicated track bike over a street bike)

I really miss the closeness of 2nd Creek :( If that were still around I'd probably hang up my street riding days and only do track days. IMI is still a bit far for me because I hate to drive and don't want to risk not towing it in case I do crash

You even old enough to ever ride 2nd Creek Damir? You have to remember us old guys use to be like you all tearing up streets daily from all our riding. Then I got old and priories changed. I remember I use to rush home from work just so I could do Deer Creek, to Bear Creek, to Morrison nearly everyday before traffic kicked in. Now I rush to the gym :lol:

kingtut
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Oh fook. A whole thread devoted to calling me a pussy, thanks Joe:lol:

Let me process this for a second...

madvlad
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 12:16 PM
It is one option I have considered for the CBR, but without a truck or a vehicle to tow with it doesn't make sense, so looking for a truck first....then maybe a track bike (I really prefer a dedicated track bike over a street bike)

I really miss the closeness of 2nd Creek :( If that were still around I'd probably hang up my street riding days and only do track days. IMI is still a bit far for me because I hate to drive and don't want to risk not towing it in case I do crash

You even old enough to ever ride 2nd Creek Damir? You have to remember us old guys use to be like you all tearing up streets daily from all our riding. Then I got old and priories changed. I remember I use to rush home from work just so I could do Deer Creek, to Bear Creek, to Morrison nearly everyday before traffic kicked in. Now I rush to the gym :lol:

I wish I could've rode out there actually, heard great things of that track before bitch ass people complaining about noise shut it down... I'm not as slo as you think mang :D

Oh fook. A whole thread devoted to calling me a pussy, thanks Joe:lol:

Let me process this for a second...

Second too long *buzzer* :lol:

tecknojoe
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 12:16 PM
We can load up on ur truck. take ur ish with u to work. Meet at IMI ~12:30

40 buck. easy peasy

kingtut
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 12:20 PM
I thought you were going to let me wreck your R6?

tecknojoe
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 12:23 PM
:lol:

we could probly do that, i don't care either way

I am capable of more spectacular crash destruction on the R6 anyway

madvlad
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Even during the aftermath it'll still run guaranteed :lol:

kingtut
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 12:37 PM
:lol:

we could probly do that, i don't care either way

I am capable of more spectacular crash destruction on the R6 anyway

Well you did say hookers were on you next time. I'd be willing to trade that for a touch of R6 seat time.

Seriously though, that is a nice offer...

tecknojoe
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Well you did say hookers were on you next time. I'd be willing to trade that for a touch of R6 seat time.

Seriously though, that is a nice offer...

I normally wouldn't lend out a track bike but IMI on a friday is empty and we'd be goin slow anyway. I wouldn't mind doin that. We're not gonna be hitting the kind of speeds that HPR is capable of. for that, you use the kawi

:mwave:

Grim2.0
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 12:50 PM
What if some wild Sumo's appear and just fuck your shit up?

tecknojoe
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 12:51 PM
What if some wild Sumo's appear and just fuck your shit up?

you gotta catch me first :eyebrows:

BrianShaw
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 12:58 PM
When are the open track days for motorcycles?

Grim2.0
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 12:59 PM
When are the open track days for motorcycles?

For IMI its everyday, you just have to get off the track when the GoCart people come out, then they alternate between carts and Bikes.

For HPR you have to go to their website and look at the calender.

kingtut
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 01:00 PM
I normally wouldn't lend out a track bike but IMI on a friday is empty and we'd be goin slow anyway. I wouldn't mind doin that. We're not gonna be hitting the kind of speeds that HPR is capable of. for that, you use the kawi

:mwave:

Fo sho... I was only halfway serious about accepting your bike in lieu of prostitutes. I honestly wouldn't feel comfortable on someone else's bike- too much liability. That said, I'm slowww....you've seen me, ha ha.
Only reason I even ponder the question is because I couldn't have my bike ready in time.

tecknojoe
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Fo sho... I was only halfway serious about accepting your bike in lieu of prostitutes. I honestly wouldn't feel comfortable on someone else's bike- too much liability. That said, I'm slowww....you've seen me, ha ha.
Only reason I even ponder the question is because I couldn't have my bike ready in time.

whatchu need? Maybe we'll just fart around town this weekend then

I've got a facked ankle right now so I'm down to work on bikes whenever. can't do shit else right now:tomato:

BrianShaw
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Excellent, I was going to order some leathers next week. The bike I have is still new to me, so I have a bit of a learning curve. Probably need to change brake pads, brake lines and tires as well.

kingtut
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 01:07 PM
whatchu need? Maybe we'll just fart around town this weekend then

I've got a facked ankle right now so I'm down to work on bikes whenever. can't do shit else right now:tomato:

That works too. Perhaps some more instruction specific to my bike and what to expect, rather than jumping in head first (ie. tomorrow)

This is good news though, cuz I've yet to get leather approval. Money has been going towards cycling shat lately.

tecknojoe
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 01:10 PM
ok, we'll get together. I need a beer

so call me maybe!

kingtut
Thu Apr 25th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Ha ha, word.