PDA

View Full Version : Turbo + Nitrous+Race Fuel = Crap Load of Fun

Husky
Sun Apr 28th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Finished 300 HP Turbo Project.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/MHusky/005_zpsf77d799e.jpg (http://s13.photobucket.com/user/MHusky/media/005_zpsf77d799e.jpg.html)

madvlad
Sun Apr 28th, 2013, 06:44 PM
That's a lot of ponies :up: post up some vids whenever you run it.

One-ops
Sun Apr 28th, 2013, 06:46 PM
GoodTimes!!!!!!!!

Husky
Sun Apr 28th, 2013, 06:46 PM

Thanks,

I ran it this past Friday at the Sportbike races. I'll see if I can get a copy of some vids.

j0ker
Mon Apr 29th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Sounds like an awesome build. Hope to see some videos!

Ph03niX
Mon Apr 29th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Stay safe on that thing man. Im jealous!

Ghosty
Mon Apr 29th, 2013, 11:05 AM
What kind/size of turbo you got? (if not confidential). Just curious what it takes to pull an extra 100hp out of a Busa motor while keeping lag to a minimum.

I got 3 liters of exhaust pushing my big wheel, so a whole different animal, heh. :)

kawasakirob
Mon Apr 29th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Man that must be fun!

Rabbie303
Mon Apr 29th, 2013, 12:51 PM
You for sure need a camera mounted on it to record your passes. Thing looks like a beast!

Husky
Mon Apr 29th, 2013, 01:03 PM
What kind/size of turbo you got? (if not confidential). Just curious what it takes to pull an extra 100hp out of a Busa motor while keeping lag to a minimum.

I got 3 liters of exhaust pushing my big wheel, so a whole different animal, heh. :)

No secrets here, happy to help anyone interested in going fast. This is the RCC Stage 1 Turbo kit. The great thing about these kits, you can bolt them on a perfectly stock engine, run regular pump gas and ride them on the street all day long making 220-250 horsepower. You can than turn the boost up all the way to achieve over 400 horsepower, but of course than you need to strengthen the motor and run race fuel. If anyone is interested I can get you in touch with my sponsor RCC Turbos about the kits. He has been around for a very long time and always willing to help on the phone with any install questions etc.

I appreciate everyones positive comments. Thank you.

Husky
Wed May 1st, 2013, 08:01 AM

Got a copy of a vid my friend shot of one of the first shake down runs I made on the new bike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP9pTfsvNwU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

TransNone13
Wed May 1st, 2013, 08:37 AM
As long as you beat that Corvette :D.

Quikcycles
Fri May 17th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Glad to see you getting lots of seat time on the new bike Mike. It has been a pleasure working with you on this build and I look forward to helping you in any way I can to reach your goals. Ride safe and we will catch you at the track.

Husky
Sat May 18th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Glad to see you getting lots of seat time on the new bike Mike. It has been a pleasure working with you on this build and I look forward to helping you in any way I can to reach your goals. Ride safe and we will catch you at the track.

Thanks Mike, I appreciate all your help/support on and off the track. Will be getting a hold of you to work on turning the turbo up for some more HP to get closer to making that 8 second run.

texlurch
Sun May 19th, 2013, 12:36 AM
I'm either going turbo or spray on my 12R one of these days.
Getting the itch again!

FZRguy
Mon May 20th, 2013, 03:53 PM
What tires and what pressure do you run Husky?

Husky
Mon May 20th, 2013, 11:01 PM
I run the Shinko Hook up with 16lbs

tecknojoe
Tue May 21st, 2013, 07:26 AM
Have you ever thought about taking that to Bonneville?

Husky
Tue May 21st, 2013, 03:07 PM
Have you ever thought about taking that to Bonneville?

Every year, just havent made it for one reason or another. But sure would be nice to have that 200+ mph time slip, but probably will go do the Texas mile vs. Bonneville as its on pavement vs. salt.

Aaron
Tue May 21st, 2013, 05:40 PM
200 seems like it'd be easy, that's not far off from a stock Busa.

tecknojoe
Tue May 21st, 2013, 07:49 PM
You'll definitely have better luck on the pavement with the 200 mark. I've read a lot about Bonneville because I've been thinking of goin out there. Apparently the bikes don't go top speeds out there because there's too much slippage on the salt

lookin at your bike though, I bet it's capable. Looks like no joke

austinhauer
Fri Sep 27th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Just watched the video, how do you shift if your feet arent on the pegs? other than that, it's a sweet build man. I cant imagine what that kinda power feels like.

Husky
Fri Sep 27th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Thanks, the bike is shifted with an nitrous oxide powered air shifter which is hooked up to the horn button so I shift the bike with my thumb. I did that because the bike pulls so hard off the starting line, I could not get my feet back on the pegs to make the shift from 1st to 2nd.

Since that old video we had increased the power and ran a best of 9.1 in the 1/4 mile at a little over 153 mph.