PDA

View Full Version : My friend has a prob w/ bike

Telefonica
Sat Sep 17th, 2005, 10:03 PM
My friend has an '02 R6, and when he guns it, it bogs. I posted this because DW's thread reminded me of it. However, I think this is a little different. My friend says that it 'only' happens in 2nd gear. And it only happens around 5K. I'm not sure, but because it only happens in 2nd gear could it be a fuel map prob? He has an aftermarket exhaust, which may have thrown off the map, but with all the sensors, i thought that these newer bikes could account for stuff like that. Anyway, what to you guys think? Should I tell him to do what you guys told DW to do, or maybe should he invest in a Power Commander?

RAGrote
Wed Oct 19th, 2005, 05:19 AM
You didn't get a response because there's too many variables here that don't make sense.
2nd gear is irrelevant....

I have a hard time believing that it only happens in 2nd gear - is what I'm trying to say.

If it's a map problem it'll happen all the time.

With the info you've provide I wouldn't be willing to speculate on what the problem is but I'd like to see it first hand.

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a bad ECM....

Again... only 2nd gear? That would be very unusual.

Bueller
Wed Oct 19th, 2005, 06:34 AM
02 R6 is carburated

Telefonica
Wed Oct 19th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Is the '02 carbbed? For some reason, I thought it was FI. Anyway, I'll talk to him again, maybe I should get on and ride or something b/c he swears it's only in 2nd gear. The only reason I thought it was a map prob was b/c I thought the FI bikes had the possibility of using diff. maps for diff. gears. I'm not sure why you would want that but that was really the only thing I could think of for it only happening in 2nd.

RAGrote
Wed Oct 19th, 2005, 10:25 AM
carb'd... 37mm Keihin.

Hmmm... I can almost guarantee it will bog in any gear.

Without laying hands on it'd be tough to speculate. With carbs this can be an indication of several different problems and maybe a combination of one or more.