PDA

View Full Version : Yet another CO Powersports experience...

NineTwoFour
Wed Oct 8th, 2003, 08:23 AM
So I call the place, to see if they have any Arai Corsairs in size S or XS, because the guy at Sun said CO Powersports had just gotten a big shipment.

The kid behind the counter answers the phone like he is sitting in his freshmen dorm room. "Whassup?" I ask him if he has what I am looking for. Puts me on hold for about 20 minutes, then comes back. "Sorry bro, don't have it. It will be $720 to order one."

WTF???? Even if I wanted a replica helmet, the MSRP is less than $700. How do they stay in buisness? Are there that many people who will go there just because it is the closest dealer?

Anonymous
Wed Oct 8th, 2003, 09:53 AM
Hint: If we get 12 people together, Metro Powersports can do a group buy on Arai and get them dirt cheap... ;)

Bob815
Wed Oct 8th, 2003, 10:44 AM
The kid behind the counter answers the phone like he is sitting in his freshmen dorm room. "Whassup?"

I think I would have hung up the phone at that point.

Bob

Quick636
Wed Oct 8th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Hint: If we get 12 people together, Metro Powersports can do a group buy on Arai and get them dirt cheap... ;)

REALLY? Hmmm...

Quick636
Wed Oct 8th, 2003, 11:04 AM
And yeah, CO powersports lost all my business yesterday. Went in to get an oil filter. I use OEM just so the warranty people have nothing to bitch about if I have a problem.

A couple months ago I paid 13 bucks for the filter. Yesterdays price, 18.99!! For a damn oil filter! When I asked the guy about it he said they have always been that price. I told him I had the receipt for my last one and could prove it and he just shrugged. I need to find another parts source.

Vance
Wed Oct 8th, 2003, 11:57 AM
I swear - if it wasn't for the fact that I actually really LIKE Erico and the way they treat me over there (it helps I have a pair of riding friends working there too)... when I win Powerball in the near future (note my confidence) I'd open a cycle shop just to put places like CO Powersports and Fay F'kers out of business once and for all.

Wed Oct 8th, 2003, 12:15 PM
And yeah, CO powersports lost all my business yesterday. Went in to get an oil filter. I use OEM just so the warranty people have nothing to bitch about if I have a problem.

A couple months ago I paid 13 bucks for the filter. Yesterdays price, 18.99!! For a damn oil filter! When I asked the guy about it he said they have always been that price. I told him I had the receipt for my last one and could prove it and he just shrugged. I need to find another parts source.

I have the same filter for $7.18, with CSC discount $6.46. I mean the same filter. The manufacturers dont make filters. They get them from the same place, repackage them and jack the price. I get them before all those bad things happen.

Wed Oct 8th, 2003, 12:26 PM

After last weekend I may need one.

Sean

surfinspacegirl
Wed Oct 8th, 2003, 12:34 PM

After last weekend I may need one.

Sean

I wear Arai and need a spare. I'd be in on the group buy, for sure.

Quick636
Wed Oct 8th, 2003, 12:34 PM

I have the same filter for $7.18, with CSC discount $6.46. I mean the same filter. The manufacturers dont make filters. They get them from the same place, repackage them and jack the price. I get them before all those bad things happen.

You'll be seeing me next time I need a filter. Thanks for the info.

NineTwoFour
Wed Oct 8th, 2003, 12:49 PM
Sean,
Do you have any Corsairs in SM or XS??? I really want to try one on.

I have been wearing Quantums for years, and it is time to replace my helmet and was wondering about the fit.

Wed Oct 8th, 2003, 02:00 PM
Sean,
Do you have any Corsairs in SM or XS??? I really want to try one on.

I have been wearing Quantums for years, and it is time to replace my helmet and was wondering about the fit.

Sorry, I do not have any in stock. Arai is strict on how their helmet is sold. Even if you have ordered from them before it doesent matter. With their new program you have to do a 12 helmet "first" order to be able to sell them again.

Group Buy......... hint hint to everyone.

Thu Oct 9th, 2003, 05:01 PM
I just got the wife a new 2003 Arai Signet GTR for $370 delivered. It took about 10 days. The dude I got it from has a small business out of his house. It took about 10 days, but the wait was worth the savings. If you want to contact him his email is brad.johnston@sbcglobal.net. Email him with your needs and he will get you a price.

Bryce
Thu Oct 9th, 2003, 07:25 PM
hmmmm........ after my trick dismount in am gto I need a new helmet too I might have to see how the arai fits my melon :D

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Mar 19th, 2004, 04:42 PM

I hadd the same experience. Went to get a filter.....$19!!! Stupid me, I bought it anyway. Then I went to Twin Peaks here by where I work...$14. I DID get a smoking deal on my fiance's new Arai helmet...although it had been ordered for someone else, and it was a color and size nobody wanted....but it fit her perfect so we bought it. But, I don't think I'll be buying anything else from them.