PDA

View Full Version : Military & DoD Civilian Track Day @ PPIR

LMFair12
Thu May 2nd, 2013, 07:01 PM
Hey Everyone!

I am working with Nick Ienatsch and we are putting together a track day at PPIR for the Military and DoD Civilians in the area. It will be a full day of combined "classroom," and track time having Nick and his crew provide their world class instruction. I don't think I need to stress (on this forum) that this is a great opportunity and a lot of people would kill for this chance. The price is EXTREMELY reasonable since this is for military and DoD Civilians.

We are shooting for Memorial Day!

I sent out the detailed information through the Motorcycle Reps/Mentors at Carson, Peterson, Schriever and USAFA, but I don't think it has been getting to all the riders out there so... I am posting here.

If you are interested, shoot me a message and I will give you the detailed information and my personal contact information.

Feel free to spread the word around! We want to make this a regular event for the Military/Civilians.

-Larry

675Rider
Thu May 2nd, 2013, 10:39 PM
Im a mentor and have not heard of it. Sounds good though. If you PM me some specifics I can try to get them pushed out.

LMFair12
Fri May 3rd, 2013, 06:17 AM
Im a mentor and have not heard of it. Sounds good though. If you PM me some specifics I can try to get them pushed out.

PM sent.

bcmoore80
Fri May 3rd, 2013, 11:36 AM
Can you PM me the specifics?

Thanks
-Brian

Chief Stinky
Fri May 3rd, 2013, 04:52 PM
Why not post all the details? I will post on my blog, and can hit up Buckley.

Nick I
Fri May 3rd, 2013, 05:58 PM
All...I'm on the run and late out the door, but will post more Sunday. I'm fully committed to this deal!!!!! It's gonna be great...NI

LMFair12
Fri May 3rd, 2013, 09:55 PM
Why not post all the details? I will post on my blog, and can hit up Buckley.

Can you PM me the specifics?

Thanks
-Brian

PMs sent.

Chief Stinky, Approx how many riders do you have up there at Buckley that would be interested in something like this?

Peanut_EOD
Fri May 3rd, 2013, 09:58 PM
I'm a government contract employee. Can I attend this track day?

LMFair12
Fri May 3rd, 2013, 10:07 PM
I'm a government contract employee. Can I attend this track day?

Yes, the intent is to have this for those in the military and those that DIRECTLY support (i.e. work on base or in a government office).

I hope that clears it up.
I'm sending you a PM with the info.

-Larry

Graphite675
Sat May 4th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Interested as well. Can you please send info.

LambeauXLIV
Sat May 4th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Also interested...

BearcatRR
Sat May 4th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Interested as well.

Reyven
Sun May 5th, 2013, 09:45 AM
yes, info please.

Nick I
Sun May 5th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Hi All...This "military" day is something I've wanted to do ever since the Freddie Spencer school. Our costs at the Spencer and now the Champion's school have always been a bit too high for the average soldier's budget...yet we have a program that will help them so much.

By teaming with military-riding-enthusiast Lieutenant Larry Fairchild (and others, like Sargent Ray McPeek) we can bring my program to the military at an affordable rate. This is a private day and I am personally shouldering all costs: track rental, insurance, ambulance, instructor pay, etc. I probably could have tried to go through all official channels and try to get military funding...but at some point we've got to curb the problem: Young men returning from overseas, buying a bike, getting inadequate instruction and then crashing. The advice they're getting isn't working...they need techniques, not advice.

And I'm pretty worked up about it. I thank God every night for our military. What these men and women do allows me to make a living in the motorcycle industry in this wonderful country. I have something that will help them and on May 27 we're going to give it a shot. Think of it as a prototype day for future training.

We hope to use this day to show the decision makers that my approach to this sport saves lives and increases enjoyment. If you're a member of fastersafer.com, you know what I'm talking about. If you're racing, you've already noticed how some riders can set track records, win races and championships...but can go years without crashing. A good local example is Shane Turpin, one of my six YCRS instructors. How can they do this? The answer is what I teach. Champion's Habits. How a tire works. 100 points of grip. Brake pressure versus lean angle. The umbrella of Direction. What corner entrances are really for. Load the tire before you work the tire.

To those of you who are already racing and have lots of track knowledge: This may not be the perfect day for you (but don't worry, we are making fun plans...Rybo and my gang are going to team up for some cool stuff!). We are ideally trying to reach those who have track interest but little or no experience. Street riders on any bike who want to ride with more control at any pace they choose. Total newbies, or veteran riders who want to improve their skills in a controlled environment. I'm not saying an Expert racer won't learn something, but the focus will be on the non-negotiables of this sport: This works, this doesn't, here's why...try it.

Soldiers...May 27...Pikes Peak Raceway (just a big wide road)...$200 (only $50 more than a regular track day!!)...change your riding life.

-Nick Ienatsch

fastersafer.com

Yamaha Champions Riding School

LMFair12
Sun May 5th, 2013, 05:43 PM
yes, info please.

Interested as well.

Interested as well. Can you please send info.

Also interested...

PMs sent!

One-ops
Mon May 6th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Can you post the detailed info here? I would like to know gear requirements for starters.
Thanks!!!

George609
Mon May 6th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Is this deal available for military veterans as well? Or just active/reserve/dod? Thank you.

LMFair12
Sat May 11th, 2013, 06:39 AM
**This track day is going to be postponed.**

There is a lot of interest, but a lot of people will not be around memorial day weekend.

If anyone else is interested, just shoot me an email (LMFair12@gmail.com) and I will add you to the distro so you will be in the loop as to when this is getting rescheduled.
When you email me, be sure to include your name.

-Larry

LMFair12
Sat May 11th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Is this deal available for military veterans as well? Or just active/reserve/dod? Thank you.

The intent is to hold this event for those in the military and those that directly support the military on a daily basis.

Send me an email with your information and I'll add you to the distro.