PDA

View Full Version : Free "Orientation Day" Idea

Nick I
Tue May 7th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Hey...had a great talk with Doug at Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza here in Pueblo. We are looking at a plan where any new-bike buyer gets a free Orientation day with me at Pueblo.

I loved this idea, as it would get the new owner comfy with his bike in a safe environment, let him or her experiment with the bike's performance, get them HOOKED on the track...and I really hope he means "every bike" because getting a new Victory owner on a "big wide road" would do wonders for her riding.

Any dealers out there who want to look at this idea, I'll have more info from Judy Faass soon. As you know, the more someone rides, the more tires and oil and service they need...if they have fun and see potential, they call the MRA and go racing. Maybe buy another bike. Hmmm...a lifelong customer.

This plan could be put into place easily...I will be running the monthly Orientation days at Pueblo (see pueblomotorsportspark.us for schedule) so dealers could offer this as a sales incentive.

If you factor in great Colorado instructors like Scott Rybarik, Mark Schellinger, Shane Turpin and others, this dealer-sponsored Orientation day could be done at Pikes and High Plains...even IMI for SM buyers??

Most of us on here are already hooked. We've suffered through the crashes and shitty days and decided to stick with it. But our sport's number-one problem is new riders buying a bike, crashing and quitting. Bikes are improving, tires are improving...let's work on the on-board engineers. Getting them to a track with capable instruction (um...not 30-year old ideas like "never brake in a corner") will put them on the path to lifelong riding.

-Nick Ienatsch
fastersafer.com
Yamaha Champions Riding School