PDA

View Full Version : I passed all my Comprehensive Exams!

rifleshooter
Fri May 10th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Some of you guys know I have been studying for my Master's written and oral comprehensive examinations...

Tuesday night, after a harrowing two-hour question-a-thon with my profs, they happily shook my hand and told me that I passed!

I will be awarded my degree (Earth Science, concentration Education) in Fall 2013. I will finish my research project this month and submit it to my advisor.

I am the first person in my extended family to get a post-graduate degree. I have had many challenges in my life, and few focused and identifiable achievements, so I am very proud of my accomplishment. It's been a tough four years but now I am ready to teach our kids any of the four sciences.

~Barn~
Fri May 10th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Very well done. Congrats! :applause:

madvlad
Fri May 10th, 2013, 09:28 AM
:up: damn good way to start the weekend! party!

dirkterrell
Fri May 10th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Congrats, man. I know what it takes to achieve something like this. :up:

Sully
Fri May 10th, 2013, 10:26 AM
:applause: Congrats! :)

rifleshooter
Fri May 10th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Thanks, peeps! <sniff!>

Anybody tackling any canyons this weekend, and want an old man to ride 10 min behind (LOL)?

I'm up for a celebratory ride and to test out my new Zero Gravity Sport Touring w/s.

50sGrl
Fri May 10th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Major congrats!!

vort3xr6
Fri May 10th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Congrats! I am contemplating post grad work myself. Must be an insane feeling.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri May 10th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Some of you guys know I have been studying for my Master's written and oral comprehensive examinations...

Tuesday night, after a harrowing two-hour question-a-thon with my profs, they happily shook my hand and told me that I passed!

I will be awarded my degree (Earth Science, concentration Education) in Fall 2013. I will finish my research project this month and submit it to my advisor.

I am the first person in my extended family to get a post-graduate degree. I have had many challenges in my life, and few focused and identifiable achievements, so I am very proud of my accomplishment. It's been a tough four years but now I am ready to teach our kids any of the four sciences.
Congrats! Well done!