PDA

View Full Version : Attempted theft downtown. Yes, they tried to get the new bike. Fuck my life..

MilkMan
Fri May 10th, 2013, 08:54 PM
So its been a few days sense I have even had time to ride the bike. And I was just on vacation for a week and out of town, so unfortunately
I don't even know when this happened. But some fucking cock suckers tried to steal my new R1 from my apartments again. Luckily they did not get it this time because of the disc brake lock, do yourselves a favor guys and girls, and go buy one of these. They are cheap and aside from 3 guys picking it up and putting it in a van or truck, they can not roll it away. Mine also has a motion activated 120 decibel alarm that goes off if the bike is moved at all, another feature I thought would help catch these kind of people in the act, turns out our building "Security" is good for nothing more then issuing parking violation tickets. They did have time to cut the chain lock I had running through the swing arm and rear wheel and then through and exposed, cemented in piece of metal that ties into our buildings parking structure, and they broke a piece off the triple clamp near the key switch where I'm assuming they were trying to break the lock and hot wire the bike again like they did with the gsxr last year. Just know wherever you are to trust no one and do whatever you can to protect yourself. Seems they are out early this year, I'm guessing its gonna be a busy season for thefts again :(. Fuck I am so god damn angry right now. God help the people who do this shit if I ever get my hands on them. Cheers folks.
-Mick-

Supaduka
Fri May 10th, 2013, 09:28 PM
get a garage or storage building... its just too easy for them fuckers to take it

Grim2.0
Fri May 10th, 2013, 09:30 PM
I think you need to keep your bike somewhere else bro, they will try again, they know its there.

CaptGoodvibes
Fri May 10th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Damn that sucks!

I think most self storage companies have small units that would be fine for a bike. Maybe you have one close?

3point5
Fri May 10th, 2013, 10:34 PM
tall-tell sign that it's time to move out of an apartment and get something that has a garage...

j0ker
Fri May 10th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Also, home security recording devices are reasonably cheap and easy as fuck to install. I work from home and I record everything that goes on around my house 24x7. I can see it anytime from my android app and I also have a big monitor with all 8 video channels constantly being displayed above my work monitors. Definitely worth it if you need evidence or just a heads up someones outside your house.

There are a few cheap and easy brands on the market. Kguard (https://www.google.com/search?q=kguard&aq=f&oq=kguard&aqs=chrome.0.57j5j59j5j62l2.1008j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=kguard&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=ccqNUeOgFceViAL_wIGgAw&ved=0CDIQsxg&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.46340616,d.cGE&fp=42333175647b75b5&biw=1384&bih=854)is who I ultimately went with.

Chaos
Fri May 10th, 2013, 10:49 PM
You have got to be kidding me!!!! Again? Makes me nervous. What apartments do you live in? (PM me that info) Since I live in apartments downtown too.

#1Townie
Fri May 10th, 2013, 10:52 PM
I have Repoed plenty of bikes with the lock. Not that hard to take it. You need a garage or a new place with a garage. Maybe a friends garage for a month or so.

MilkMan
Sat May 11th, 2013, 12:31 AM
See that's the thing, if I have to pay additional money, or store it somewhere else, to me it is not even worth it to keep the damn thing.. It's these type of assholes that need to make the change and us a society needs to make this a tougher offense in my opinion. Knowing that even if they are caught in most cases it's just a slap on the wrist does not help. I should be able to park my shit, in my garage, and not have to worry about it. In so sick of fucking people these days. So many people have no respect for anyone's shit. Off my soap box for now, I am just fucking fed up with people at this point.
-Mick-

johne303
Sat May 11th, 2013, 01:29 AM
Next time you leave for a week or so. You can park it in my garage.

Frankie675
Sat May 11th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Has anyone ever thought of relocating the ignition somewhere else to fool these dbags. Fake ignition on the handlebars that they can rip apart all they want. Real ignition underneath the seat. Probably a pain in the ass to relocate, but your situation dictates further measurements.

Grim2.0
Sat May 11th, 2013, 07:30 AM
^^ in his case he needs to just find somewhere else to store it, next time there gonna come back with two people and lift the bike.

Wrider
Sat May 11th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Has anyone ever thought of relocating the ignition somewhere else to fool these dbags. Fake ignition on the handlebars that they can rip apart all they want. Real ignition underneath the seat. Probably a pain in the ass to relocate, but your situation dictates further measurements.

It can be done, just ask Clovis about his old FZ6!

Clovis
Sat May 11th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Hmmm? I never did anything to change the ignition on my FZ6?

My R1 did get stolen back in 2008 however.

Milky, for what it's worth if you leave again in the summer you can leave it in my garage.

Our new house is being built in Gold Hill Mesa, about 2.5 miles from down town (off 21st street). It will have a 3 car garage.

3point5
Sat May 11th, 2013, 11:19 PM
I'm sure the locked front wheel is a good idea, but if I were to steal a bike, I would bring 2 of those garage car-dolleys…lift the front & rear wheels on to it and roll it away…cut lock in my garage…proceed w/ my douch-baggery...

Has anyone ever thought of relocating the ignition somewhere else to fool these dbags.

put the ignition in the key hole for the rear compartment…nothing like hiding in plain-sight!!

~Barn~
Tue May 14th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Sorry to hear that you had to come back to this... I hope they break into the home of twitchy gun owner.

Wrider
Tue May 14th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Hmmm? I never did anything to change the ignition on my FZ6?

My R1 did get stolen back in 2008 however.

Milky, for what it's worth if you leave again in the summer you can leave it in my garage.

Our new house is being built in Gold Hill Mesa, about 2.5 miles from down town (off 21st street). It will have a 3 car garage.

I must be confusing you for someone else. I swapped someone's ignition switch after their FZ6 was stolen about 3 years ago.

#1Townie
Wed May 15th, 2013, 05:53 AM
See that's the thing, if I have to pay additional money, or store it somewhere else, to me it is not even worth it to keep the damn thing.. It's these type of assholes that need to make the change and us a society needs to make this a tougher offense in my opinion. Knowing that even if they are caught in most cases it's just a slap on the wrist does not help. I should be able to park my shit, in my garage, and not have to worry about it. In so sick of fucking people these days. So many people have no respect for anyone's shit. Off my soap box for now, I am just fucking fed up with people at this point.
-Mick-

Well I agree with you. Problem is next time it will be two guys and those locks won't work. Honestly I think the person stealing your bikes lives in the same apartments. Seems to know your schedule. Criminals are criminals and that's just how the world works.

cbrjohnny
Wed May 15th, 2013, 07:08 AM
U just need to wait in the bushes for em dish out some justice!

MilkMan
Wed May 22nd, 2013, 11:33 AM
Well the bike is now being stored at a place up north. About an hour round trip just to get it. Has had me pretty pissed off lately to be honest, and have had a few thoughts about fixing what was broken by the thieves and possibly putting it up for sale. Unless the apartments will approve my notice to vacate, which it sounds like they will not, and I am not paying more money to these assholes just to be able to leave. Trying to find a house to buy at this point, but that's still going to be a process in itself.
-Mick-

racingmason23
Tue May 28th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Where at did this happen. I live near downtown and someone did a hit an run on my new bike with 18 miles on it. Hit it in a parking lot with other bikes. They were nice enough to stand it up.

CaneZach
Mon Jun 24th, 2013, 10:14 AM
I must be confusing you for someone else. I swapped someone's ignition switch after their FZ6 was stolen about 3 years ago.

You are. I'm pretty sure that was Rooster's bike you're talking about. I haven't seen him on the board lately.