PDA

View Full Version : We're back!??

asp_125
Tue May 14th, 2013, 09:37 PM
It seems we're back. Hello? Anyone home?
:w00t:
What happened?

Clovis
Tue May 14th, 2013, 09:40 PM
THANK GOD YES! I'VE BEEN CLICKING REFRESH FOR THE LAST 3 DAYS THINKING IT WAS JUST ME!! =P

(( LO LO ))
Tue May 14th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Damn North Korean hackers... !

CaptGoodvibes
Tue May 14th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Obviously, it coincided with the latest episode of Kitchen Nightmares. :p

Amy's Baking Company Freaks Out Online After Epic Meltdown On Gordon Ramsay's 'Kitchen Nightmares' (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/14/amys-baking-company-kitchen-nightmares_n_3274345.html)

madvlad
Tue May 14th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Da fuck happened :wtf:

TurboGizzmo
Tue May 14th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Technical whitepaper please?

birchyboy
Tue May 14th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Lawd Jesus it's great to be back!

Zach929rr
Tue May 14th, 2013, 10:32 PM
This has already been discussed. Ralph spilled his wine coolers on the server.

Carry on.

~Barn~
Tue May 14th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Did the CSC server catch one of those "ring of death" failures or what?

~Barn~
Tue May 14th, 2013, 10:45 PM
I am right, that this place runs from an Xbox, yeah-no? :think:

asp_125
Tue May 14th, 2013, 10:47 PM
This has already been discussed. Ralph spilled his wine coolers on the server.

Carry on.

I thought it was an apple-tini.

Ezzzzy1
Wed May 15th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Everyone gets $1 for every time they tried to access the site while it was down.... Grim 2.0 wins with $11,241

johne303
Wed May 15th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Site is back. Who Is getting fired? !

longrider
Wed May 15th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Everyone gets $1 for every time they tried to access the site while it was down.... Grim 2.0 wins with $11,241

I am not the grand prize winner but I will take my $750...

rforsythe
Wed May 15th, 2013, 06:59 AM
I am right, that this place runs from an Xbox, yeah-no? :think:

PS2.

Snowman
Wed May 15th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Well so much for those 3 days of peace and quite...

Mother Goose
Wed May 15th, 2013, 08:24 AM
CSC machine dun broked.

vort3xr6
Wed May 15th, 2013, 08:30 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6I27LgG9bck/SRZmYKJkdaI/AAAAAAAABX4/SFykakFlOFM/s400/Don't+Throw+Your+Old+PC.jpg

What I imagine the CSC server looks like.

madvlad
Wed May 15th, 2013, 08:44 AM
It brokeded your toy

FZ1Guy
Wed May 15th, 2013, 09:52 AM
PS2.

Its one of them there high-tech Ubunto Linux installs! :crazy:

Ghosty
Wed May 15th, 2013, 09:52 AM
So what DID happen?

Last time I thought it was just some DNS change or maintenance lapse, don't remember. I was just curious, no biggie.

Snowman
Wed May 15th, 2013, 09:55 AM
So what DID happen?I'm going with an NSA Hacker Attack to download all the pictures of the guns...

j0ker
Wed May 15th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Oh thank god. I was so bored this whole weekend!!!!

Apparently there was a meltdown of some hardware and then more problems and an additional network card was needed. I am supplying all of this information as second hand. Take it as such. :)

Glad we are back up!!!!!

tecknojoe
Wed May 15th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Damn I was hoping it would just stay broken. I actually walked my ass downstairs and worked on my motorcycles the last few nights

:shocked:

rifleshooter
Wed May 15th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Damn I was hoping it would just stay broken. I actually walked my ass downstairs and worked on my motorcycles the last few nights

:shocked:

Now THAT was funny.

And accurate. The site going down crapped me out of a ride, so I ended up going alone. :banghead:

In spite of this, I did not die.

rforsythe
Wed May 15th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Seeing as the weather was nice, I figured people would just go actually ride instead of talking about it anyway.

Short version is I had to power down the server on Saturday to do some power work at the house. Brought it back online that night, however didn't realize the CPU fan wasn't turning. Sometime Sat night it overheated and shut itself down, but didn't end up being a simple fan replacement like I had hoped. Motherboard had horked up probably because of the powering up and down, and of course the new one I purchased didn't have an ethernet controller compatible with ESX (the virtual server system this runs on), so had to go back the next day and get a network card that would actually work. Being as I wasn't in a huge rush to go spend my $$ and had a lot of other stuff to get done, it took "best effort" priority in my list of shit to do.

It's in a new case with new parts, better power supply, more fans, etc now.

Rabbie303
Wed May 15th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Well thank you for fixing it and bringing it back online!

3point5
Wed May 15th, 2013, 12:42 PM
yes, thank you…my productivity at work just went down 18%

TFOGGuys
Wed May 15th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Dear God...I thought I was going to actually be productive for a third day in a row...

asp_125
Wed May 15th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Thanks for keeping the lights on, Ralph. Any way we can paypal you a few bucks towards making us less productive?

Wrider
Wed May 15th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Dear God...I thought I was going to actually be productive for a third day in a row...

Oh we know that all you actually do is crash Fizzers and pretend to own a bike shop on a forum!

TurboGizzmo
Wed May 15th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Seeing as the weather was nice, I figured people would just go actually ride instead of talking about it anyway.

Short version is I had to power down the server on Saturday to do some power work at the house. Brought it back online that night, however didn't realize the CPU fan wasn't turning. Sometime Sat night it overheated and shut itself down, but didn't end up being a simple fan replacement like I had hoped. Motherboard had horked up probably because of the powering up and down, and of course the new one I purchased didn't have an ethernet controller compatible with ESX (the virtual server system this runs on), so had to go back the next day and get a network card that would actually work. Being as I wasn't in a huge rush to go spend my $$ and had a lot of other stuff to get done, it took "best effort" priority in my list of shit to do.

ESX w00t!

One-ops
Wed May 15th, 2013, 01:44 PM
I was wondering what happen. Thanks For the fix!

Sean
Wed May 15th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Thanks Ralph! :cheers:

rforsythe
Wed May 15th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Any way we can paypal you a few bucks towards making us less productive?

I'm not gonna complain if you do, that was $100 I wasn't planning on spending this weekend. :)

FZRguy
Wed May 15th, 2013, 07:02 PM
If you guys wanna help support the site with $, sign up as a yearly supporter. $15 per year and it goes directly to Mr. Ralph.

~Barn~
Wed May 15th, 2013, 07:56 PM
If you guys wanna help support the site with $, sign up as a yearly supporter. $15 per year and it goes directly to Mr. Ralph.

+1

There's a lot of longtime members here, who I'm surprised are not yearly/lifetime supporters. :dunno:

madvlad
Wed May 15th, 2013, 08:27 PM
You get my donation, wish I could give more but times are very tight thus why I can't get a bike either and just troll around this bitch lol

rforsythe
Thu May 16th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Thanks guys, appreciate the support to keep this place running.

~Barn~
Thu May 16th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Yo Ralph. After my tenth year of auto support passes, what are the odds of changing the tagline for me from Yearly Supporter to "Lifetime" or "Lifelong" or whatever all the 1-timers received?

madvlad
Thu May 16th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Thanks guys, appreciate the support to keep this place running.

I know this may be a stupid question as of right now but would we be looking at a site revamp soon? As far as smilies/emoticons and what not :D

~Barn~
Thu May 16th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Ralph, you don't have to answer that.

[/A Few Good Men]

rforsythe
Thu May 16th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Ralph, you don't have to answer that.

[/A Few Good Men]

He can't handle the truth.

rforsythe
Thu May 16th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Yo Ralph. After my tenth year of auto support passes, what are the odds of changing the tagline for me from Yearly Supporter to "Lifetime" or "Lifelong" or whatever all the 1-timers received?

The fact that this place has been here long enough for that to occur still has me shaking my head. It's not a website, it's an institution.

Yeah I think we can make that happen.

madvlad
Thu May 16th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Don't be a woman, just say it... :lol:

vort3xr6
Thu May 16th, 2013, 11:59 AM
I would eventually like to see an upgrade to VB 4.2.

It is super slick and some of the plug-ins are awesome. Buyer seller feedback, thread tagging / rankings, social integration, video embedding, etc. I would be more than happy to help if we ever wanted to upgrade. I have a little experience managing vb.

Radek
Fri May 17th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Don't be a woman, just say it... :lol:
... are you in this country legally ?

madvlad
Fri May 17th, 2013, 07:17 AM
... are you in this country legally ?

Ummm yes even though that's none of your business first of all and how does that apply at all to the ongoing conversation :think: :wtf:

tecknojoe
Fri May 17th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Where in the bloody hell did that come from?

madvlad
Fri May 17th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Where in the bloody hell did that come from?

I dk just a Radek moment brought to you by well Radek :lol:... If you were trying to be random well sir you have achieved your goal

Radek
Fri May 17th, 2013, 07:27 PM
its kind of related to your whining about having no real job and then second , Russians can all travel to Cuba and Americans cant' ,so just wondering , you must got family here to get here right ? I am not making in it my business , just asking about some mafia tricks

FZRguy
Sat May 18th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Anyone else not getting notifications, or is it just me?

Sean
Sat May 18th, 2013, 10:04 AM
I'm not getting pm notification emails.

rforsythe
Mon May 20th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Yeah email part might still be jacked. Will get to that soon.

FZRguy
Mon May 20th, 2013, 03:29 PM
I'll know when you do cuz I'll get 200 notifications in my inbox! :lol:

UHATEIT
Wed May 22nd, 2013, 02:23 PM
Anyone else not getting notifications, or is it just me?

yep same here, not just the PM's but notifications to thread subscription replies. It happens tho!

Ghosty
Wed May 22nd, 2013, 02:42 PM
Oh wow, didn't you know you run it off a server at your house, nice. Do you use Comcast or CenturyLink? If CTL, what speed DSL? How much does either one charge for a small block of public static IP's?

rforsythe
Thu May 23rd, 2013, 02:28 PM
Oh wow, didn't you know you run it off a server at your house, nice. Do you use Comcast or CenturyLink? If CTL, what speed DSL? How much does either one charge for a small block of public static IP's?

Didn't used to, but the place I had it was no longer available so it moved back home. It's on a UPS and is generally reliable, but it isn't some $10k server either so we give up certain reliability considerations.

Currently CTL, I think upload is around a meg (the part that matters here). Seems to be good enough for this site, though I may increase my download speed soon which will give a corresponding bump to upload as well. I can't remember what the /29 of publics costs off hand actually.

TurboGizzmo
Sun Jun 9th, 2013, 09:24 PM
I run comcast business class at home running multiple client servers and various services, which is about 50 (more like 35 down) and 10 (more like 6) up for about $120.

The Black Knight
Sun Jun 9th, 2013, 09:48 PM
I run comcast business class at home running multiple client servers and various services, which is about 50 (more like 35 down) and 10 (more like 6) up for about $120.

I'd get that checked out. I run the same speed and I do random speed tests on speed test.net and have been consistently showing 55.1-55.5 downloads and 10.8-11.9 uploads. Really love it when I'm on Call of Duty as now I'm the host I'd say 50%+ of the time.

TurboGizzmo
Sun Jun 9th, 2013, 10:14 PM
I'd get that checked out. I run the same speed and I do random speed tests on speed test.net and have been consistently showing 55.1-55.5 downloads and 10.8-11.9 uploads. Really love it when I'm on Call of Duty as now I'm the host I'd say 50%+ of the time.

Are you business or residential class? I know they have the burst thing for residential....

The Black Knight
Wed Jun 12th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Are you business or residential class? I know they have the burst thing for residential....

You know, I'd have to check. I'm pretty sure it's Residential but I've been with Comcast for years now(for internet that is). I know I don't have the "burst" or "boost" thing you're talking about. I get a steady 50+ download and 10+ upload. It's constant and at all times of the day. Even my PS3 has a decent speed for being 50ft. from the modem. Obviously I always get my speed tests from my computer though. I've done the PS3 Speed Connection test and best I've shown from them is 25+/- and like 7+/-... But I need to go to Speedtest.net on my PS3 and actually check what my PS3 is running, because the PS3 test on that is on the console is just an "estimate" by Playstation.

That being said, the last time I was on Call of Duty, I'd say I was the host a rather more than usual. Kind of weird, but even when not "party host/leader" the game would still pick me as "Host". Normally, if I host a party and I get into a lobby that is created for us, I will host the game every time. That is until the servers decide to pick a different host while in the Lobby. I've never had a "host migration" while playing in a game and while I'm the host. Now, what's funny is when my clan and I jump into a lobby. Start off a game and the internet is real shitty. It will do a host migration and invariably I will end up being the new game host. So I know my internet is fast, way faster than it used to be. Because, even when I had Comcast/Xfinity's old speed of 35 up and 7 down, I was hardly the host of a game. Now that I'm getting the advertised(and usually way over) 50/10, I'm host a lot more.

A Speedtest I did just now:
http://speedtest.net/result/2770161410.png

Here's one I did the other night(best result so far):
http://speedtest.net/result/2761696970.png

(http://speedtest.net/result/2761696970.png)