PDA

View Full Version : what rich low lifes do

mdub
Thu May 16th, 2013, 05:37 PM
'Renting' Disabled People to Skip Lines at Disney World

The lines at Disney World are awful, we can all agree, but the lengths to which some people will go to bypass them are worse. Wealthy Manhattan parents are reportedly using a service that typically assists disabled children around the theme park to drive their non-disabled families around in a "handicapped" scooter, allowing them to skip lines by up to two hours.

It sounds like something out of a "Modern Seinfeld" episode. But in this case, the horrible people are real. And they're spectacularly crass.
"You can't go to Disney without a tour concierge," one rich mom said, according to the New York Post (http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/05/well-this-is-just-awful-renting-disabled-people-to-skip-lines-at-disney-world/275840/%E2%80%9CYou%20can%E2%80%99t%20go%20to%20Disney%20 without%20a%20tour%20concierge,%E2%80%99%E2%80%99% 20she%20sniffed.%20%E2%80%9CThis%20is%20how%20the% 201%20percent%20does%20Disney.%E2%80%9D). "This is how the 1 percent does Disney."
Well, gross. This is, above all, a problem of basic human decency. But it is also a problem of black markets -- or legal markets extended illegally (or extra-legally) to people who shouldn't qualify.

The official Disney VIP Tour includes guides and premium fast passes for between $300 and $400 per hour. That's much more expensive than a $130-per-hour disability service afforded by Dream Tours Florida (http://www.dreamtoursflorida.com/vip-tours/). There's a very simple explanation for the price difference: The VIP tickets are priced to where the rich will pay (and also to weed out all but the richest families to keep the service exclusive); whereas, the disability tour company sees all families with a disabled person as consumers. So these rich families reportedly using Dream Tours Florida aren't benefiting from a peculiarly effective and peculiarly cheap service, precisely because neither the service nor the price is intended to serve wealthy families. They're benefiting from a service they don't deserve at a price far below where the real luxury market for fast passes has settled.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu May 16th, 2013, 05:42 PM
I heard about that on the news the other day. They catch these motherfuckers and they should be blackballed from every amusement park in the country. Scum.....

#1Townie
Thu May 16th, 2013, 05:59 PM
You guys need to go get laid or ride a bike. Something.

mdub
Thu May 16th, 2013, 06:01 PM

shut up man :D i'm having self sex right now thinking of you ...my big fat white beatch....

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu May 16th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Alllright, you're in a time-out!:D

Clovis
Thu May 16th, 2013, 07:18 PM
I went to Disneyland 5 years ago with a hurt foot. We rented a wheel chair and got to skip the lines. It was awesome! :)

#1Townie
Thu May 16th, 2013, 07:26 PM
shut up man :D i'm having self sex right now thinking of you ...my big fat white beatch....

Hey if that's what you need to feel better so be it. It won't stop me from playing with your nipples.