PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip to Las Vegas anybody?

~Barn~
Tue May 21st, 2013, 12:50 PM
Just curious if anybody out there has time off this week (or quick access to time-off approval), and feels like taking a roadie out to Las Vegas (http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/Las+Vegas+NV+USNV0049:1:US) with me?

Turns out I booked this week off, and of course the Monday holiday is coming up and I really don't have any awesome plans. I've cleared it with the wife to get out of town, so if anybody is down to head-out, I'm happy to leave in a couple of hours... late tonight... or maybe even early tomorrow.

The plan would be to drive my car out there to put some miles on the new engine and turbo. If you want to roll with, the only thing is that I'd ask is that you help with the driving if/when I get tired, and that you split the gas costs with me. (I'll pay them up front and then just total the receipts when we arrive. Same thing for the way back.)

If you want to ride your motorcycle out there, that is totally cool too. I'm happy to be your "chase vehicle" and let you put your luggage and shit in the car. If you get road-tired, I'm sure I could put some 2-wheel miles down for you, while you drive. If we did it this way though, I'd only ask that you cover a 1/3 of the gas total I racked up.

As far as staying out there, the sky is pretty much the limit. I get greatly reduced rates at the hotels that are owned by the MGM/Mirage corp. and more than likely, I'll want to just stay at The Mirage. If you'd rather stay someplace else on your own, call the ball. If you want to stay with me and just go dutch on the room, I'm willing to stay at someplace we can agree on (I'm not a complete hotel snob). If I'm not mistaken, I may actually have a couple freebie nights to use at NYNY that could be used to really bring down the cost. But whatever... I'm flexible.

I realize that this invite is practically with zero notice, but it's the best I could do, and obviously the person(s) that might want to come with me, should be big on spontaneity. =)

My only rules would be:
- No crashing the car.
- No smoking (cigs) in the car.
- No dropping french-fries or potato chips in the car.

Other than that, we're headed to Vegas so what the fuck else could go wrong?

The celly is in my sig line. Hit me up if this is for you.

Jmetz
Tue May 21st, 2013, 01:07 PM
Dude, you suck. I'd totally be down but cant pull it off this quick.

~Barn~
Tue May 21st, 2013, 01:10 PM
Make it happen.

Jmetz
Tue May 21st, 2013, 01:13 PM
No chance.

~Barn~
Tue May 21st, 2013, 01:19 PM
Damn. (Next time man.)

I forgot to mention this... but UFC 160 is also taking place this Saturday in Vegas. Now I'm not going to be watching it in person (unless I win big right away), but I'll be planning to watch them somewhere cool!: Lagasse's Stadium.... Sapphire... Xtreme Couture MMA.

So if you're into UFC. :dunno:

ssutton21
Tue May 21st, 2013, 01:22 PM
I almost rode out there

~Barn~
Tue May 21st, 2013, 01:27 PM
My buddy "Lambertson" did it one year, to come meet us out there...

Mother Goose
Tue May 21st, 2013, 01:28 PM
If I didn't have a bunch of bills to pay this weekend. :(

~Barn~
Tue May 21st, 2013, 01:56 PM
If I didn't have a bunch of bills to pay this weekend. :(

Just think... You might win some $$$ on the SF Giants and pay those bills courtesy of them!

Mother Goose
Tue May 21st, 2013, 02:00 PM
Just think... You might win some $$$ on the SF Giants and pay those bills courtesy of them!
I'm not a gambler. I just go to drink. :D

JKOL
Tue May 21st, 2013, 02:03 PM
If I wasn't going to be back in Denver this weekend I would meet you there. Only a 5 hour driver from where I am working in CA.

Have fun!

madvlad
Tue May 21st, 2013, 02:08 PM
I hate you, have fun lol

~Barn~
Tue May 21st, 2013, 02:27 PM
Speaking of hating me, any idea of when Mike Ward is going to end the ransom on my truck? :lol:

My iPod is in there, and I REFUSE to take a road trip to anywhere, without my iPod. Even if Jmetz doesn't think Deadmau5 counts as music! :music::music:

~Barn~
Tue May 21st, 2013, 02:28 PM
If I wasn't going to be back in Denver this weekend I would meet you there. Only a 5 hour driver from where I am working in CA.

Have fun!

Nice. Good lookin' out!

GMR
Tue May 21st, 2013, 03:03 PM
DAMN! going to Minnesota for a wedding otherwise I would say yes

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue May 21st, 2013, 03:07 PM
I have some friends there, and some friends not 4 hours from there I'd love to go see, but am lacking the $$......

Have a great trip and be safe.:D

Jmetz
Tue May 21st, 2013, 03:20 PM
Even if Jmetz doesn't think Deadmau5 counts as music! :music::music:

It's a mathematical certainty.

Matty
Tue May 21st, 2013, 03:50 PM
just got back from Vegas on Sunday... have fun man.

~Barn~
Wed May 22nd, 2013, 05:42 AM
Thanks for all the well-wishes guys. I'm packed now, about ready to hit it!

I'll try to keep ya'll updated at spots along the way. Just in case I need a search party sent or something!

madvlad
Wed May 22nd, 2013, 05:55 AM
Thanks for all the well-wishes guys. I'm packed now, about ready to hit it!

I'll try to keep ya'll updated at spots along the way. Just in case I need a search party sent or something!

I foresee a hangover part 4 coming up :lol:

#1Townie
Wed May 22nd, 2013, 06:50 AM
Going to so cal this weekend.

Jmetz
Wed May 22nd, 2013, 09:53 AM
Just got off the phone with Barn. Looks like he "crapped out" in Glenwood Springs running into this:

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Fatal-Collision-Between-Beer-Truck-Car-Causes-Fuel-Spill-On-I-70-208470121.html?device=tablet#.UZzm23y9KK0

I-70 closed in both directions for the day. The detour is back through Colorado Springs. So the trip is canned at this point.

birchyboy
Wed May 22nd, 2013, 09:55 AM
Wow, that's quite the detour.

madvlad
Wed May 22nd, 2013, 09:57 AM
Wonder if he can run around craig and then run back down given he's all the way out there now lol

asp_125
Wed May 22nd, 2013, 10:17 AM
Just got off the phone with Barn. Looks like he "crapped out" in Glenwood Springs running into this:

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Fatal-Collision-Between-Beer-Truck-Car-Causes-Fuel-Spill-On-I-70-208470121.html?device=tablet#.UZzm23y9KK0

I-70 closed in both directions for the day. The detour is back through Colorado Springs. So the trip is canned at this point.

Beer truck spill? Oh the horror!!:o

birchyboy
Wed May 22nd, 2013, 11:00 AM
Maybe it was Coors and the driver was doing the world a favor.

ssutton21
Wed May 22nd, 2013, 01:53 PM
I'm in Vegas already...lol I flew in just now..

~Barn~
Wed May 22nd, 2013, 02:55 PM
Yup... Came back home and got my babygirl out of 1st grade for the day. We've been at watching the Rockies put some runs up against the Dbags... er... "Backs" from Sec. 121. It's 4-1 now. Sucks about Vegas, but it'll there tomorrow!

ssutton21
Wed May 22nd, 2013, 03:17 PM
I'm here till tomorrow sucks I didn't have any passes bro

~Barn~
Wed May 22nd, 2013, 03:38 PM
No worries man. Put a couple hunj down on red for me! =)

One-ops
Wed May 22nd, 2013, 03:44 PM
Sucks the about the trip how's the break in going?

Jmetz
Wed May 22nd, 2013, 03:52 PM
Nice turn around. I need to get out to some games this year.