PDA

View Full Version : New slip on needed... Opinions?

Grant H.
Sun May 26th, 2013, 09:57 AM
So, my Yoshi has been raped by a rock, and is now too loud (I think) to ride on the street with.

I don't have a lot invested in the Yoshi (needed a few new rivets when I bought it off Ebay for cheap), but now would need a new skin put on it, which I really don't feel like doing.

Riding down to the G-Force bike night, I heard/felt a minor "clunk" and it seemed like the bike got louder. Looked around at the next stop light and didn't see anything wrong, the bike was running fine, and felt solid, so on we went. Then on Friday, I noticed that the inside of the can looked wrong in the parking lot so I looked closer and there is now a big hole in the side of the can, and there was a rock wedged in there.

So, the jist of the story is, my 1k needs a new can.

I have narrowed it down to two, and I am trying to make a decision, but I want some input from people that have done this more than me.

The two choices I have come up with are:

Akrapovic Slip-on
Leo Vince Slip-on

I can get a Leo Vince for cheaper off ebay right now, but I like the styling of the Akrapovic better.

Audio clips from both on youtube (very subjective due to camera) sound awesome, so I am curious which you guys would go for.

Or, is there something else entirely that I should be looking for?

rybo
Sun May 26th, 2013, 10:37 AM
It's more about the people than the products for me and the folks at Leo Vince have always taken good care of me.

Call Brian at Speedin Motorsports. He's an authorized Leo Dealer and will take good care of you. Tell him I sent ya!

http://www.speedinmotorsports.com/

Grant H.
Sun May 26th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Thanks Scott.

I already have an email into Brian.

Nolan
Sun May 26th, 2013, 02:25 PM
http://www.delkevic.us/?section=shop&bike_manufacturer=suzuki&bike_model=gsxr1000_k5_2005

I put one on my sv. I like the sound and especially the price. Would stay away from the carbon fiber ones though.

t_jolt
Sun May 26th, 2013, 03:15 PM
i really like Devil pipes. think about them as well.

Grant H.
Sun May 26th, 2013, 03:23 PM
i really like Devil pipes. think about them as well.

I had looked as my brother has a pipe from them on his GSXR.

They don't make anything for my 05 1K. (at least according to their site).

I appreciate the suggestion though.

sag
Sun May 26th, 2013, 04:34 PM
both solid choices, cant go wrong with akra or leo, just have to weight the prices vs your style preferences yourself.

Grant H.
Sun May 26th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Hmmm... The M4 regular mount slip on (not GP) is tempting as well.

It is really coming down to a decision of how much do I spend.

Stupid money.

gsxridiot
Sun May 26th, 2013, 06:57 PM
just another option, never seen/heard one in person

https://www.motomummy.com/racefit/racefit-05-06-gsxr-1000-growler-exhaust/

Grant H.
Thu May 30th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Well, the slip on question has been answered, and not how I expected.

Leo doesn't make a can for my bike anymore, so I would be hunting close outs with no warranty.

Akrapovic is awesome, but way to expensive. Even with the awesome pricing that Brian offered me. Seriously, if you haven't bought through him, do so. He is great to work with and offers outstanding deals.

My solution?

Akrapovic Carbon Fiber Slip on
Dynojet Power Commander 3 USB

Ebay is awesome.

Less than the Leo would have been, and way less than the Akrapovic.