PDA

View Full Version : My awesome Tuesday encounter with a deltabravo Harley midget...

~Barn~
Tue May 28th, 2013, 09:43 PM
So there I am at Bike Night at Mountain Tops, kinda minding my own business, while the girls in bikinis are wrapping up their wash. I didn't get mine done because it's clean pretty much anyway, but to be fair, they were posing for all the wash participants and part of me was thinking it would be nice to get them to model up. Well long story short, out of nowhere Jim goes (unprovoked mind you), and asks a girl named Ashley Rose to take some pictures because - as he puts it - "He just got a cool new Italian bike." .. A.R. climbs on Amy Lou for a few snaps and smiles.

Out of blue fuckin' field nowhere, I hear this gravely (with a side of hick) voice call out...

"You'dlook way better on a Harley!"

She and I both chuckle and I take my pictures, and after a second or two, I turn back to see (3) vested up "bikers" overlooking our mini photo shoot. To which I return back "She probably still would look good on one, but she wouldn't want to get her suit all full of oil..."

Mmm.. And here is where the issue seems to have arisen.

I knew this wasn't going to be taken lightly even as I said it, but one of the other dudes actually did a quick Beavis-&-Butthead laugh, and if for nothing more than driving home my comment, I congratulate him with a quick "At least you got it." [hehe] (The other two men standing stoic if not iron faced).

It was at that point where I thanked A.R. for letting me get her pictures on my beauty and as I strolled back toward the wash and tip bucket, Mr. 5'6" says to me, as if I'm somehow the offensive one in this conversation
"Let me tell you something" as he looks groundward almost as if he is querying for his words. Before he continues I answer him sharply

"Make it quick!"

Nobody is really chuckling at this point, and I turn to this guy waiting for him to sick his (2) also-vested men-at-arms on me... Instead though he continues on saying "I have more money on my Harley Davidson than you'll ever see.. blah, blah, blah" and truthfully, I don't know how he finished, because I really did lose him right at blah-blah, but walking away (again) I scoffed and turned to him in reply (maybe even cutting him off as I visibly rolled my eyes toward the trio) "Is that really where you just went.....?" It was practically a rhetorical question.

I walked back in the general direction of my table at this point, wanting to go get my beer to escape the nervous tension between me dressed in Business Casual and these "chapter" fucks in bandanas and steeltoes. Not to mention their ringleader, even if he's just coming in at counter level. Now keep in mind, this whole time I'm wondering how much jawing I should be doing with this guy. Sure, I'm likely not in any physical danger from him, but he was actually standing with these other fellas that looked like walking Bounce Houses. One of them did laugh at my earlier joke though, so I had that going for me!

I get back to my table just a yard or 10 away, and I grab my beer and take a swig and it starts going through my head... "what the fuck did I do to that guy... I didn't start shit." and the "Barn" that's still left in me comes out and I decide to walk back out to give Mo, Curly and Alf a bit more piece of my mind.

I get back towards him and I can see him still staring me down, even as the rest are seemingly just walking around nowhere in particular. I tell the guy in a glare "You know what I got on my bikes.....?"
"Miles."

Ah yeah! Score one for the polo and flip-flops!
Either way, I was about done with this guy at this point and again I walk away. He tries to counterback with something about he's got miles too, and if I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure he blasted me with a.... "I ride in the rain!"

I can't believe this conversation is actually happening at this point (oh my god, he rides in rain!), but my diplomacy finally got foothold and I leave the guy alone, feeling somewhat like the upperhand was mine to lose that whole time.

So yeah.. My awesome Tuesday encounter with a deltabravo Harley midget...

On the plus side, I got some good pics.

King Nothing
Tue May 28th, 2013, 09:48 PM
It's hard to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

~Barn~
Tue May 28th, 2013, 09:50 PM
I'm pretty sure if I would have told him that, he would have shot me.

Grant H.
Tue May 28th, 2013, 10:10 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4080993280/h50CFB189/

http://www.klrforum.com/images/smilies/icon_worthless.gif

All joking aside, it seems like DeltaBravo HD Riders are usually defenseless in a war of wits, yet they are some of the first (in my experience) to start talking trash.

Glad nothing worse than some word bandying came from it.

madvlad
Tue May 28th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Good thing I didn't go. I wouldn't have had a problem with telling him to go fuck himself... glad it didn't escalate and the night ended peacefully. Some people man, what can you do...

~Barn~
Tue May 28th, 2013, 10:38 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Sb7kqKpeCLg/UaWFKa23wBI/AAAAAAAAAVE/wPl7XU70pz0/s800/IMAG0493.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-6eJbueJAEos/UaWFIUrp6JI/AAAAAAAAAUY/uQft6GQ8X2Y/s800/IMAG0494.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-28AGQe2nc4c/UaWFOnEYjVI/AAAAAAAAAU0/uQgREWJJmQw/s800/IMAG0497.jpg

Grant H.
Tue May 28th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Very nice.

Number 1 takes the cake in my book.

Damn good looking bike!

UglyDogRacing
Tue May 28th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Well long story short, out of nowhere Jim goes (unprovoked mind you), and asks a girl named Ashley Rose to take some pictures because - as he puts it - "He just got a cool new Italian bike." .. A.R. climbs on Amy Lou for a few snaps and smiles.

Sure, blame this all on me!

~Barn~
Tue May 28th, 2013, 11:23 PM
I knew you'd appreciate the name-drop. ;)

Chaos
Tue May 28th, 2013, 11:55 PM
harley lame asses are just jealous because they can go over 80 in straight line only....corners scare them and they know it. Making up for small balls...they invest in bling and no helmets.

It's funny, harley riders are the ricers of the motorcycle world. All bling and no performance.

koop
Wed May 29th, 2013, 02:13 AM
"coming in at counter level" -nice

But what's with the parade float on the Ninja?

Husky
Wed May 29th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Great story. I encounter these types in Morrison every weekend. Last year had a run in probably with the same three dumbassess asking me why my jap crap bike has to take up space in the front row parking...................I just dont get these Yuppy biker wanna be posers. They put on their rags on their heads and as soon as their fat asses hit the seat their bad face comes on. Man when my fat ass hits the seat on my bike, I get a ear to ear smile.

Cornfed
Wed May 29th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Good pics!
I vote 1.Win 2.Place 3.Show

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb390/cdavis981/torque_zps6e4cffbc.jpg (http://s1203.photobucket.com/user/cdavis981/media/torque_zps6e4cffbc.jpg.html)n.

"You got loud pipes, but you ain't sayin' nothing!"

~Barn~
Wed May 29th, 2013, 08:31 AM
The whole thing was cool enough at first with his comment, but then when I lobbed one back at him about Harleys and their oil leaks, you would have thought I insulted his mother. :roll:
Like I always say though... Don't start none, and there won't be none.

In the end though, it was worth hearing him proudly boast that he rides in the rain. :lol:

madvlad
Wed May 29th, 2013, 08:33 AM
The whole thing was cool enough at first with his comment, but then when I lobbed one back at him about Harleys and their oil leaks, you would have thought I insulted his mother. :roll:

Like I always say though... Don't start none, and there won't be none.

Was Madi working? :D

tecknojoe
Wed May 29th, 2013, 08:33 AM
:lol: I just sent the pic to ashley's mom. I told her Barn was all over her and Amy Lou's tied up in the evidence. You better watch out dude

~Barn~
Wed May 29th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Was Madi working? :D
Hey, you... Get your damn hands off of her!

[/George McFly]

:lol: I just sent the pic to ashley's mom. I told her Barn was all over her and Amy Lou's tied up in the evidence. You better watch out dude
I'm guessing that the apple probably didn't fall too far from the tree here, so let me know when Ashly's mom is available for some pictures!

madvlad
Wed May 29th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Hey, you... Get your damn hands off of her!

[/George McFly]

Who is George McFly lol

tecknojoe
Wed May 29th, 2013, 08:41 AM
It doesn't fall far and she knows it :lol:

bulldog
Wed May 29th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Similar issue happened to me and my buddy a few years back….except we made them eat rubber! :lol:

Rolled up to Woody’s Pizza in Golden; sat on patio in front. Same thing a Harley rider glared at us like how dare we bring sportbikes to this place and park it near their Harleys. Started with his comments about “rice burners, jap crap, get a real bike, etc”. Finally my buddy and I had enough and started with the same talk Barn did; we don’t like our bikes to leak oil and have to fix them, didn’t get jipped on old technology for a “brand”, how slow theirs are, etc. So long story short we got really near a fistfight and then when it was obvious they were not going come out the patio area we got on our bikes and both did the sickest burnout right in front of them; of course spitting asphalt and smoke right in their face and food. Then stopped and said “don’t you wish your Harley’s could catch us…come and try…if you can get them started”. :lol:

So maybe it wasn’t the best way to deal with it, but at the time it felt good. Just dumb as I would never start at a Harley rider because I feel we all share the same passion of riding….

Cornfed
Wed May 29th, 2013, 09:04 AM
So maybe it wasn’t the best way to deal with it, but at the time it felt good. Just dumb as I would never start at a Harley rider because I feel we all share the same passion of riding….

Agreed. We cant blame the motorcycle for the asshole riding it. And its almost always best to let the the pig sit in his own shit. But sometimes, just every once in a while, ya gotta whoop a man's ass. :devious:

bulldog
Wed May 29th, 2013, 09:12 AM
I thought sportbike riders had it bad, but you should see the grief some guys get on Harley look-a-likes. My dad owned a Kawasaki Vulcan Classic (copy of Harley fat boy; yet improved with a radiator and shaft driven) and when I’d ride with him I was amazed at how many Harley riders glared at him or talked smack. Funny thing is he was a Harley owner for a long time and got tired of working on his bike so went with the Vulcan and never looked back as it was a way better bike.

Just such hate I see from some hardcore Harley riders. I think they need to justify why they paid $10k more for the same bike just to have the “Harley” name.

Chaos
Wed May 29th, 2013, 09:52 AM
I had a V-Rod for a few years....they look down on those TOO and don't consider them "real" harleys!! facepalm......

I've owned harleys in the past '96 dyna wide glide for example. One of the reasons I sold them, other than it's just way overpriced (so was the v-rod) was because I hated being associated with those ass clowns. Had a '99 V-star 1100 custom for a few years and I loved that bike to put around on.

Grim2.0
Wed May 29th, 2013, 09:59 AM
I dreamed i was on a Harley once, but then i woke up an realized i ride bikes that go faster than 20MPH at 9,000 rpm in 2nd gear

bulldog
Wed May 29th, 2013, 10:10 AM
I dreamed i was on a Harley once, but then i woke up an realized i ride bikes that go faster than 20MPH at 9,000 rpm in 2nd gear Although I do have a friend with a turbo charged Harley Black Rod that would keep up with the 600RR in the straights....but not a traditional Harley (actually has a radiator)

Nick_Ninja
Wed May 29th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Score on the pix :up:

j0ker
Wed May 29th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Agreed. We cant blame the motorcycle for the asshole riding it. And its almost always best to let the the pig sit in his own shit. But sometimes, just every once in a while, ya gotta whoop a man's ass. :devious:

Agreed....

Ghosty
Wed May 29th, 2013, 10:36 AM
What MC (aka "Gang") were these clowns in? Just curious. Tell them to go back to their meth labs where they belong, and blow themselves up hopefully. Fucking inbred neanderthals.

"She would look better on a Harley". Um, no she wouldn't buddy. I'd rather see pictures of hot chicks on nice bikes. They're nicknamed "Hogs" for a good reason! I've seen all the gross STD sea-hags that ride on the back of Harleys, haha!

Husky
Wed May 29th, 2013, 12:30 PM

So very true. The real bikers dont care if you're on a metric or standard bike as we all share the same passion. I rode with some of the 1% clubs in my younger days and we gave shit to no one, we just did our own thing.

Its always the weekened warrior assholes that think they turn into Hells Angels as soon as their asses hit the seat and they think that everyone trembles in fear as soon as they walk into some place with their leather and bad faces.

Sully
Wed May 29th, 2013, 02:59 PM
In the end though, it was worth hearing him proudly boast that he rides in the rain. :lol:

Probably the only shower he really ever gets :lol:

madvlad
Wed May 29th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Probably the only shower he really ever gets :lol:

:spit: oh man so much win right there

bulldog
Wed May 29th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Probably the only shower he really ever gets :lol: I thought you didn't like "profiling/labeling" Sully! Exactly what that is...tisk, tisk :D

salsashark
Wed May 29th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Barn's targets...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/members/bs13690-83559-albums-random-pics-pic48367-wildhogs.jpg

Sully
Wed May 29th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I thought you didn't like "profiling/labeling" Sully! Exactly what that is...tisk, tisk :D

lol.. no.. by his actions and "hard comebacks" he was clearly demonstrating the perfect noise making, chrome brandishing, Tavern to Tavern, look at my bandana and sweet patches, Harley rider! :lol:

Now I think the guys on Sons of Anarchy shower :eyebrows: In fact, I have seen some nice, steamy shower scenes! :drool: hehe!

salsashark
Wed May 29th, 2013, 04:24 PM
lol.. no.. by his actions and "hard comebacks" he was clearly demonstrating the perfect noise making, chrome brandishing, Tavern to Tavern, look at my bandana and sweet patches, Harley rider! :lol:

Now I think the guys on Sons of Anarchy shower :eyebrows: In fact, I have seen some nice, steamy shower scenes! :drool: hehe!

I'm thinking that maybe you need a (cold) shower...

Native
Fri May 31st, 2013, 09:58 AM
I'm pretty sure he blasted me with a.... "I ride in the rain!"

shrank in the rain? lol, only took me 2 days! did like the pics

gregr
Fri May 31st, 2013, 02:06 PM
harley lame asses are just jealous because they can go over 80 in straight line only....corners scare them and they know it.

There are plenty of sport bike riders who can't really get around a turn either.

Would be interesting to see stats on number of crashes on twisty roads for sport bikes vs cruisers...

Horsman
Fri May 31st, 2013, 02:30 PM
Barn found some FAGS -- BRBRBRBBRBRBRBRBBRBRBRBRRRRRRR BRBRBRBRBBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBBRRBR

http://tvbythenumbers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/South-Park-The-F-Word.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGyKBFCd_u4

FZRguy
Sat Jun 1st, 2013, 01:01 AM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Sb7kqKpeCLg/UaWFKa23wBI/AAAAAAAAAVE/wPl7XU70pz0/s800/IMAG0493.jpg

Why yes, yes I do!