PDA

View Full Version : -Cancelled- Dirty South Deckers Run! 6/1/13

Drano
Thu May 30th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Alright I'm throwing this out there for the Southies. Meet Saturday, June 1st at the Acorn Gas Station on the intersection of HWY 24 and South 8th Street in Colorado Springs at 9:30 AM, KSU 10:00 AM.

Planned route will take us up to Pine Junction, then back down for lunch at Zoka's in Pine, CO before heading back to the Springs. Northerners are always welcome to meet us in Pine Junction and join us for lunch at Zoka's and the return trip to Deckers.

I'll expect you to have at minimum a helmet, armored jacket, gloves, and boots. If you feel comfortable wearing jeans on a canyon jaunt, more power to you. That said, no shorts, skirts, kilts, or other apparel that leaves some section of your lower body exposed, sorry ladies. ;)

Let's go have a fun ride and some good food! I'm craving a spicy chicken sandwich something fierce! Can't wait! :headbang:

Clovis
Thu May 30th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Anyway we could do this Sunday instead? I have a Dr appointment on Saturday @ noon but I really, really want me some Zukas!!

rockerphotographer
Thu May 30th, 2013, 08:06 PM
I would join in too if this was on Sunday instead.... Guest at a wedding on Saturday.

I would be riding in from Pueblo just fyi.

Drano
Thu May 30th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Sorry guys, but I'm sticking to Saturday as I have obligations on Sunday that cannot be avoided.

Aaron
Thu May 30th, 2013, 08:41 PM
I'd be in on Sunday but I can't do Saturday.

jgixxer1
Thu May 30th, 2013, 09:09 PM
could do sunday as well. also from pueblo

Grim2.0
Thu May 30th, 2013, 09:16 PM
It's his ride, if you guys can't make it start your own damn thread with the day you can, Jesus Christ!

Drano
Thu May 30th, 2013, 09:34 PM
It's his ride, if you guys can't make it start your own damn thread with the day you can, Jesus Christ!
:pointlaugh: I thought it must be my devilish charm and irresistible good looks that keeps them asking me to change the date.

Repsol a095
Thu May 30th, 2013, 09:51 PM
So Sunday, right?

Aaron
Fri May 31st, 2013, 01:25 AM
That's what I'm hearing is that it's Sunday, and that Grim will be going with us to worship jesus Christ with 1,000cc of literbike power.

Drano
Fri May 31st, 2013, 10:50 AM
So Sunday, right?

Haha, you'd almost think so. ;)

That's what I'm hearing is that it's Sunday, and that Grim will be going with us to worship jesus Christ with 1,000cc of literbike power.

:no: You can ride on Sunday, it's a free country. As for me, I'll be enjoying Zoka's one way or another on Saturday. It's just an added bonus that I won't have to put up with you and Justin this trip. :doublefinger:

Drano
Sat Jun 1st, 2013, 10:32 AM
In typical Dirty South fashion, nobody showed up. Ride Cancelled. :down:

I think I need to move north. People still ride motorcycles up there, yes? :banghead:

jcj81
Sat Jun 1st, 2013, 11:16 AM
Rides can still be done solo and be fun.

Drano
Sat Jun 1st, 2013, 11:40 AM
Rides can still be done solo and be fun.
True, but I don't fancy the idea of having an incident in the middle of nowhere without backup. To each their own.