PDA

View Full Version : Coming to the end of my factory new car warranty - what should I get checked out? WRX

Clovis
Sun Jun 9th, 2013, 07:53 PM
So I'm coming to the end of my new car warranty.

Vehicle is a 2011 Subaru WRX base (not STI).

Purchased new in Oct 2010. The bumper to bumper warranty expires at 3 years or 36,000 miles.

I'm currently at 34,000 miles. The car runs fine. I had a check engine light pop on about 6 months ago, faulty O2 sensor was replaced under warranty. So far that's been it. Still drives the way I remember it did when it was brand new.
The vast majoity of miles are highway commuting.

What should have I checked out before the warranty expires? Should I take it to a mechanic and tell them to look for anything wrong? Should I take it to the Subaru dealership and tell them the same thing? I would think the Subaru dealership would want to find anything wrong because its something they can replace, presumably at no cost to myself of them.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Grim2.0
Mon Jun 10th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Get a non Subaru

madvlad
Mon Jun 10th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Most dealers will avoid warranty work because it pays shit and it's too much paperwork and hassle. So be prepared to hear "Oh your car checks out just fine".

WolFeYeZ
Mon Jun 10th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Most dealers will avoid warranty work because it pays shit and it's too much paperwork and hassle. So be prepared to hear "Oh your car checks out just fine".

Im looking to get Lauren's car checked over too since its warranty expires soon. Where is a good place to take it for a thorough look over?

madvlad
Mon Jun 10th, 2013, 11:03 AM
I can check the car out for you if you want but the dealer determines what is covered under warranty or not so up to you. Mazda would be ideal for that as they determine that and they're the only ones authorized to approve warranty work or not.