PDA

View Full Version : PMP fri 6/14/13

BadR6Man
Mon Jun 10th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Ok evryone. My arm got twisted again to hit up PMP on fri. Here goes another set of tires ;)

MarkT
Mon Jun 10th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Sure John... i bet there was alot of armtwisting -)

powers
Wed Jun 12th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Hmm... I was told to take a day off this week. The 250's chain and sprockets are shot, maybe I could get the R6 out there? Might be fun to go faster than ~80 MPH on the straight and my right hand might get a work out using that brake thing found on bigger bikes.

Dah, probably won't happen. Have fun out there and bring an extinguisher.

Aaron
Wed Jun 12th, 2013, 10:46 PM
I'll try to run but I'm not sure if they'll let me, it'd be my first track day.

Edit: Seems they require a track orientation which is only offered the first weekend of the month, so I won't be allowed to run.

BadR6Man
Wed Jun 12th, 2013, 10:53 PM
I'll try to run but I'm not sure if they'll let me, it'd be my first track day.

Just make sure you have your proper gear and bike prepped, no big deal. Its not really a track day, just a lapping day.

Since the one who twisted my arm is no longer going since she has to work :( I will probably be taking my FJ1200 and MV brutale since i need to even out the tire wear :)

Aaron
Thu Jun 13th, 2013, 12:04 AM
Just make sure you have your proper gear and bike prepped, no big deal. Its not really a track day, just a lapping day.

Since the one who twisted my arm is no longer going since she has to work :( I will probably be taking my FJ1200 and MV brutale since i need to even out the tire wear :)

So I don't need a track orientation (The $250 one?) I'm so confused haha

Ninja2
Thu Jun 13th, 2013, 07:30 AM
:(
Next time, John.

Aaron, if you've never been on the track, I would recommend taking Nick's Orientation if he is offering it that day. I believe it is not a requirement, but I am sure it will be worthwhile! So take advantage of it!

BadR6Man
Thu Jun 13th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Hey aaron, i wull be there and help you out on your way to going broke and getting you be a track addict.

BadR6Man
Fri Jun 14th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Only bike here so far. The FJ is dragging pegs and tried to spit me off a few times already :) fun times on the old bike

Ninja2
Fri Jun 14th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Jealous. Have fun!

Aaron
Fri Jun 14th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Sorry man yardwork took priority. Is there a track day next Friday?

BadR6Man
Sun Jun 16th, 2013, 09:39 AM
I ended up riding the FJ for 5 sessions in the morning until i wore out the front tire. The corner worker in 7 was watching and waiting to see if I was ever going to wad it up as my foot pegs were dragging coming into and through turn 7. I was having a blast pushing the old bike hard. Brakes would begin to fade after 10 minutes and the suspension was all soft and bouncy.

Took the MV for a session and some fun with it. You really feel the wind pushing on you with a naked bike. I found it hard to control the throttle since it has handle bars and my helmet would be resting on it as i was leaned over. So i decided time to ride the Daytona for a while.

So hopping on a 20 year newer bike, it took me a lap to get used to the brakes and suspension. I almost turned into the dirt getting on the track and almost went over the handle bars braking for turn 9. Here a vid of the last session http://youtu.be/H99K_lA89Yc