PDA

View Full Version : Volunteer Opportunity for PPIHC

Ninja2
Wed Jun 12th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Just received this info at work and thought I would share with CSC. I know there is an MRA race that Sunday at PMP, too. But in case you always wanted to see the PPIHC, here is cool opportunity to participate. And remember, Fan Fest Friday Night downtown!

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=6a656jlab&v=0018sxp1v_8zePv_3mMJ9hm3W6LLP4D5JKe94fc8xuNPGRXj ObJBMGT5lq9BjXCTeNazGtmy1hnmv86YLZ-OL8il11J6S4HPkJdU67DbAlV8hwJMzOb9pcNihY5nKtnVRmz

The link to the registration did not work for me. I would send an email to the Colorado Springs Regional Business Alliance at info@springsbusinessalliance.com

Pikes Peak International Hill Climb Court Marshals Needed

Why do we need course marshals?
Pikes Peak Highway became fully paved in 2012. Because of that, the speeds have increased significantly and there is an inherent risk to all spectators. The PPIHC safety committee has identified restricted areas along the course and will not be allowed spectators to view the race from inside these areas. PPIHC needs course marshals to help patrol these areas and keep spectators safe.

Timeline and Requirements

June 23rd 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Mandatory marshal training at Crowne Plaza hotel/Hotel Elegante

June 27th 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Optional VIP reception at the Penrose House
June 29th - 30th 2:00 a.m.

Marshalls will find their assigned area along the course and spend the night on Pikes Peak.
Day of the PPIHC race; arrive at 2:00 a.m.
The tollgate opens for spectators at 3:00 a.m. with the race starting at 8:00 a.m. Marshals will be in their assigned area until the race is finished (time TBD).

powers
Wed Jun 12th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Stupid weddings!! I am missing round 3 and the Hill Climb :banghead: