PDA

View Full Version : R1 won't idle

vegas
Fri Jun 14th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Hey Guys,

I have a recurring issue with my R1. Hope someone may know what the problem is or recommend a shop.

It starts fine when cold but after it heats up I don't want to shut it off because it has a hard time re-starting. At its worst it will die immediately without throttle (so quickly I can't even shift without holding the gas open).

Vickory dyno'd it but the problem is still there, so I don't think it's my power commander. It's either losing fuel or air when rpms drop to idle rates, but I'm not noticing any performance issues when on the throttle.

Thanks,

vegas
Fri Jun 14th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Forgot to mention it is a 2007 and the catalytic converter was taken out (prior to fuel system being mapped)

madvlad
Fri Jun 14th, 2013, 07:21 PM
It's a common issue with that model mainly when it's warm. Check the R1 forums for solutions. Mine never stalled but when it ran real hot on top anld go traffic it'd run like shit. After they did the ECM recall it never happened again though. Some of the 08's stalled when coming to a stop. I've heard people replacing the TPS and that fixes it as well.