PDA

View Full Version : Way to stick it to Colorado, Magpul!

Ezzzzy1
Mon Jun 17th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Id like to introduce the new 40 round mags that Magpul just released... Supposedly they have been in the works for years but this is great timing for them to finally get around to it.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/1017104_614599401885746_1243259147_n_zps2c7467b0.j pg (http://s125.photobucket.com/user/Ezzzzy1/media/1017104_614599401885746_1243259147_n_zps2c7467b0.j pg.html)

You can buy them straight from Magpul (http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG233-BLK/189) for $19.95 ea

vort3xr6
Mon Jun 17th, 2013, 07:27 PM
I ordered 2 right away. Suck it hickenfucker.

Ezzzzy1
Mon Jun 17th, 2013, 08:39 PM
I bought a few as well... There doesnt seem to be a limit. :headbang:

rforsythe
Mon Jun 17th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Fuggers won't ship to me even with a Centennial address, because billing address is in Denver. :scream2: Fucking commie Denver bullshit rules.

sloridr
Mon Jun 17th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Woohoo get some!

Ezzzzy1
Mon Jun 17th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Apparently there is a two limit... Wasn't earlier when I ordered

The GECCO
Mon Jun 17th, 2013, 11:30 PM
How do you "add to cart" on their site? Am I the only one who can't?

losermonkey
Tue Jun 18th, 2013, 12:16 AM
You need to make an account. Just got mine also.

Ghosty
Tue Jun 18th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Awesome. And reasonable size considering the load, compared to the giant 60-rounders, heh. Could only order two though. :(

bulldog
Tue Jun 18th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Glad the Colorado Shooters Club has something to talk about again....we almost were clear of gun talk for an entire month :lol:

The GECCO
Tue Jun 18th, 2013, 12:49 PM
You need to make an account. Just got mine also.

Duh........thanks. Had a login already just needed to actually sign in!

Ezzzzy1
Tue Jun 18th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Glad the Colorado Shooters Club has something to talk about again....we almost were clear of gun talk for an entire month :lol:

Whatever Mr "Colorado Meatheads Club" President :lol:

bulldog
Tue Jun 18th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Whatever Mr "Colorado Meatheads Club" President :lol: That isn't even stand for CSC...ummmm..like CMC :slap:

Although it is funny that guns are more important than health. You can buy a new gun, but never a new body! We will see who has the last laugh when I am a in shape 70 year old :D I'll fitness challenge my old 35 year old body to your youthful body any day...for money!!!!!! :lol: (P.S. I'll bring my gun too since those can be obtained in one day.....so hard)

Ezzzzy1
Tue Jun 18th, 2013, 01:52 PM
I hate talking about working out, and I work out. To me its like church. I dont give a shit where you go or how much. Most people are full of shit when talking about it anyways so I just steer clear of it all.

Its a hobby. Just like guns/shooting.

Dont go all roid rage on me bro! :D

bulldog
Tue Jun 18th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Oh yeah, to stay on topic...yeah Magpul.......so glad they gave a option to not to have to reload till after 40 bullets have been shot! I mean 10 bullets or less would have actually took skill rather than just mass firing to hit a target. Oh wait, unless there are multiple targets to be killed...I mean hit.

Sorry, but opinions work both ways on a open topic board :D And Yes I am a gun owner, but find it stupid ANYONE needs 40 shots!

bulldog
Tue Jun 18th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I hate talking about working out, and I work out. To me its like church. I dont give a shit where you go or how much. Most people are full of shit when talking about it anyways so I just steer clear of it all.

Its a hobby. Just like lifting.

Dont go all roid rage on me bro! :D You can shoot just fine without 40 rounds man. If you think you need that many than you need to practice your aim more or not be so lazy :lol:

You workout...see the signature bro! :D

Last, oh yeah people must be on roids to be in great shape....average American thinking....couldn't be those 10 plus hours I spend in gym weekly

Still love you though EJ :)

Mother Goose
Tue Jun 18th, 2013, 02:00 PM
http://i.qkme.me/3rcpwz.jpg

Ezzzzy1
Tue Jun 18th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Dont make me go over to you fitness thread and start talking about guns Nate! :lol:

longrider
Tue Jun 18th, 2013, 02:15 PM
How to combine guns and fitness:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/images/2011/gargantuan-guns-one-giant-set-two-bigger-biceps2.jpg

:) :)

j0ker
Tue Jun 18th, 2013, 02:21 PM
That bird picture cracked me up.

bulldog
Tue Jun 18th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Dont make me go over to you fitness thread and start talking about guns Nate! :lol: You should...thread has been dead for months. Probably why I am so jealous you get people to talk about guns. Wish someone would talk fitness with me like that :( :lol:

http://danielleewillis.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/take-toys.jpg

I`m Batman
Tue Jun 18th, 2013, 03:11 PM
...but find it stupid ANYONE needs 40 shots!

World War Z :D
http://media2.firstshowing.net/firstshowing/img6/WorldWarZ-ZombiewallTrailerHelifull5.jpg

Drama
Thu Jun 20th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Mine came in yesterday. I like them, but they are a tad big. I'll be keeping a mix of 40-rounders and 30-rounders in my ar bag.

Vitesse
Thu Jun 20th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Mine came in yesterday. I like them, but they are a tad big. I'll be selling them for $80 each shortly.

Fixed for you. :D

j0ker
Thu Jun 20th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Fixed for you. :D

Too funny.

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Jun 20th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Damn!! Just found out about this, ran home and they're sold out...

rforsythe
Thu Jun 20th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Watch the stores Dean, you might get lucky in the next week before poopenlicker's unenforceable "ban" kicks in.

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Jun 20th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Watch the stores Dean, you might get lucky in the next week before poopenlicker's unenforceable "ban" kicks in.Wouldn't ya know it! Been checking the site a few times a week hoping 7.62x51 mags would come up. Didn't look at all this week and they release the forty rounders.

I see the pmags in the stores, but they're raping you on the price. Oh well, I was only buying the pmags as a matter of principle.

We're pretty zombie-proof over here...

rforsythe
Thu Jun 20th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Bowers had 7.62x51 pmags for 18.95, and they had a lot of them as of yesterday.

BTW don't forget to set up your NFA trusts in the next several days, kids. Transfer of ownership of magazines >15rds becomes illegal on July 1 (meaning if you die your spouse can't even take them), but if they already belong to a trust then there is no transfer of ownership. They always belong to the trust, and the trustees who you appoint just have access to them forever.

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Jun 20th, 2013, 06:22 PM
...Transfer of ownership of magazines >15rds becomes illegal on July 1 (meaning if you die your spouse can't even take them)...That's bull shit!! Who's to say who owns anything in our home? Kim and I feel everything we own is both of ours. Since there is no "mine or yours", what can the law do to prove who owned anything in our house? I realize there are technicalities on vehicle registrations, but what about everything else? Who owns our climbing gear, stereo equipment, tools, computers, furniture, etc?

koop
Thu Jun 20th, 2013, 06:38 PM
That's bull shit!! Who's to say who owns anything in our home? Kim and I feel everything we own is both of ours. Since there is no "mine or yours", what can the law do to prove who owned anything in our house? I realize there are technicalities on vehicle registrations, but what about everything else? Who owns our climbing gear, stereo equipment, tools, computers, furniture, etc?

You have never been divorced have you.

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Jun 20th, 2013, 06:47 PM
You have never been divorced have you.Nope. Twenty-five years into my first and only marriage.

rforsythe
Thu Jun 20th, 2013, 08:06 PM
That's bull shit!! Who's to say who owns anything in our home? Kim and I feel everything we own is both of ours. Since there is no "mine or yours", what can the law do to prove who owned anything in our house? I realize there are technicalities on vehicle registrations, but what about everything else? Who owns our climbing gear, stereo equipment, tools, computers, furniture, etc?

I hear what you're saying, just pointing out the stupidity of the law and a way around it. NFA trusts serve other uses too, but it turns out they're very useful in cases of ownership. Also let's say you have actual NFA items that are registered to you - NFA items have a definitive owner. If you die, Kim literally commits a felony just by possessing it without an ATF transfer taking place first. The trust eliminates that since the trust is the registered owner with the ATF, and you're just a trustee able to use the item.

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Jun 20th, 2013, 08:25 PM
I hear what you're saying, just pointing out the stupidity of the law and a way around it. NFA trusts serve other uses too, but it turns out they're very useful in cases of ownership. Also let's say you have actual NFA items that are registered to you - NFA items have a definitive owner. If you die, Kim literally commits a felony just by possessing it without an ATF transfer taking place first. The trust eliminates that since the trust is the registered owner with the ATF, and you're just a trustee able to use the item.In a quick ten second search, it appears that spouses are exempt and most of your immediate family is, too.

What is total bull shit is it appears that you can't lend or let a friend shoot your gun (even while target shooting) without a background check. To transfer possession, no matter how short of a time, requires a background check.

Could just be lawyer speak to get your business setting up a trust, but like I said, it was a ten second search...

Definitely will be checking this out in detail.

...and, I know all the criminlas are doing their due diligence to make sure all their mag's and weapons are legal, too!!

j0ker
Thu Jun 20th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Nope. Twenty-five years into my first and only marriage.

Congratulations on that!

rforsythe
Fri Jun 21st, 2013, 11:04 AM
In a quick ten second search, it appears that spouses are exempt and most of your immediate family is, too.

On which part of what I wrote? Nothing in C.R.S 18-12-301 exempts family from the prohibition of transfer on or after July 1st. Read the bill Hick signed for yourself:
http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2013a/csl.nsf/fsbillcont3/7E6713B015E62E6F87257B0100813CB5?open&file=1224_enr.pdf

What is total bull shit is it appears that you can't lend or let a friend shoot your gun (even while target shooting) without a background check. To transfer possession, no matter how short of a time, requires a background check.

Actually I believe there is a specific exemption for target shooting, hunting, etc as long as you're doing that part legally. And there are firearms transfer exemptions in case of death related to family. That just covers the gun, however. The magazine law is very clear - no exemptions on transfer of private ownership within the state for things you have grandfathered in. To get around that, I just won't own them - my living trust will. My wife will be a trustee, as will my children once they're legally old enough to do so. Make no mistake, Hick can't go around taking your guns and parts, but will do everything in his power to "expire" it out when you die. Disarmament by attrition. It's a clever tactic.

Here's something else in the mag ban bill you might want to pay attention to:

(1) (a) EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN THIS SECTION, ON
AND AFTER JULY 1,2013, A PERSON WHO SELLS, TRANSFERS, OR POSSESSES
A LARGE-CAPACITY MAGAZINE COMMITS A CLASS 2 MISDEMEANOR.

(2) (a) A PERSON MAY POSSESS A LARGE-CAPACITY MAGAZINE IF HE
OR SHE:
(I) OWNS THE LARGE-CAPACITY MAGAZINE ON THE EFFECTIVE DATE
OF THIS SECTION; AND
(II) MAINTAINS CONTINUOUS POSSESSION OF THE LARGE-CAPACITY
MAGAZINE.

I take this to mean that if YOU privately own your magazine, just handing it to your wife/friend at a range is enough for her to be guilty of a misdemeanor crime, since in theory you both don't have joint ownership. There is no range/hunting exemption for this rule, just handing your "high cap" mag to someone is a crime. Again, the trust gets around it (though you might have to get creative with your friends, or just don't let them use your stuff). Now also remember that virtually no cop in Colorado is going to enforce this bullshit (and it's up to the prosecution to prove who actually committed the crime), but you never know when you will run into that one asshole that decides to make a point, or when these laws will be expanded to include other things.

The forms and instructions cost me all of $30. It's worth the CYA. You can also go through a lawyer and spend $300-500 to set it up, but I think this has been hashed out enough times that the forms are generic and easily attainable by much cheaper means, as long as you have the capacity to read them.

birchyboy
Fri Jun 21st, 2013, 11:32 AM
The forms and instructions cost me all of $30. It's worth the CYA. You can also go through a lawyer and spend $300-500 to set it up, but I think this has been hashed out enough times that the forms are generic and easily attainable by much cheaper means, as long as you have the capacity to read them.

Were you able to download the forms from Colorado's website or did you get them via a lawyer? Everything I'm finding says to contact the lawyers to set it up.

birchyboy
Fri Jun 21st, 2013, 11:33 AM
Were you able to download the forms from Colorado's website or did you get them via a lawyer? Everything I'm finding says to contact the lawyers to set it up.

Nevermind. I found it immediately after I posted this :guns:

rforsythe
Fri Jun 21st, 2013, 11:40 AM
Colorado doesn't have the forms, however there are numerous places online you can acquire them.

Generic
Wed Jun 26th, 2013, 03:25 PM
From the Magpul FB page

ATTENTION COLORADO!

Come on out and join the festivities at Infinity Park in Glendale, CO, this Saturday, June 29, celebrating FREEDOM on the last weekend before the unconstitutional mag ban takes effect, and get your last shot at purchasing PMAGs. We'll be there, and we've ponied up a LOT of PMAGs. First 1500 through the gate get a Boulder Airlift or Free CO PMAG FREE! Food, live music, and a helo-borne aerial delivery of PMAGs. Proceeds from mag sales go towards the legislative and legal fight for 2A rights in CO. Get tickets and pre-purchase PMAGs at:

www.freecolorado.net (http://www.freecolorado.net/)

rforsythe
Wed Jun 26th, 2013, 04:30 PM
AFAIK you can legally transport the mag out of Glendale, but it'll be interesting to see if Denver PD decides to push it since Glendale is surrounded by Denver.

(Denver has its own city ban on mags >20 rounds)

Horsman
Wed Jun 26th, 2013, 05:04 PM
I was thinking about that -- can MagPul even distribute from Denver??? I heard from my friend who is friends with a Republican Lobbyist said that MagPul is doing something big this weekend in Glendale. Air Dropping free mags from Choppers this weekend. LOL I don't want Magpul to leave.

Ghosty
Wed Jun 26th, 2013, 05:46 PM
AFAIK you can legally transport the mag out of Glendale, but it'll be interesting to see if Denver PD decides to push it since Glendale is surrounded by Denver.

(Denver has its own city ban on mags >20 rounds)
Interesting point! You would think Magpul knows that Glendale is surrounded, weird. I wonder what the deal is, and hopefully the police don't think this is a great time to pull everyone over and confiscate this shit. Magpul is fully on the side of gun owners, so I wonder if they already know it's fine and legal? Unless they're only dropping 20-rounders...

longrider
Wed Jun 26th, 2013, 08:53 PM
This is from the freecolorado.net site:

The first 1500 attendees through the gate will receive a free Magpul Gen M2 MOE 30rd magazine featuring either the Free Colorado or Boulder Airlift design, courtesy of Magpul Industries.

Important Information: Advance ticket purchase is strongly suggested and encouraged. Event participation and supply is limited. Maximum number of magazines available for pre-purchase is 3 per person. Magpul will also have available for sale 20rds and 30rds at the event. Cash sales only day of, no ATM on premise. Magazines must be picked up by 8PM and are only available for purchase by individuals over 18 years of age. Purchasers must provide a photo I.D. Individuals are responsible for complying with applicable laws. Denver code prohibits the possession and transfer of magazines exceeding 20 rounds.

All products have been generously donated to Free Colorado and all proceeds from this event will be expended on defending 2nd Amendment rights in Colorado.

The giveaway is 30 round, they are selling 20 round and 30 round, then they have a warning about Denver law. I would take the warning to be for Denver residents to only buy 20 round mags but the law does say possession? I would certainly think Magpul would have cleared this, there is no way they would bring all their supporters into a trap. It will be interesting, unfortunately I will be at work

rforsythe
Wed Jun 26th, 2013, 09:18 PM
I think the Denver law has a provision for people who aren't residents to transport banned items through the city, unloaded and stored. I still wouldn't put it past someone with an agenda to bend the rules a bit.

Still, that's a couple min from my house so I might swing by just to amuse myself.

Generic
Thu Jun 27th, 2013, 08:39 AM
You can purchase and transport out the 30rd mags, but to purchase and keep at your home in the Denver limits is against the local laws.

Ghosty
Thu Jun 27th, 2013, 10:22 AM
You can purchase and transport out the 30rd mags, but to purchase and keep at your home in the Denver limits is against the local laws.
Ahh, that makes sense. Thx!