PDA

View Full Version : Avatar and Profile Pic Change?

SlayerAt5280
Mon Jun 24th, 2013, 09:22 PM
I set an Avatar a long time ago, but now when I go in to change both it and my profile pic I get an 'unable to save' message. My pics are 119x119 and 89x89 and both under the 24kb size. Am I missing something?

Ghosty
Tue Jun 25th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Same error here, just tested.

Richie-Rich
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:55 AM
Been trying to change mine for days to. Same error from links and upload.

rforsythe
Sun Jul 7th, 2013, 09:17 AM
It's a permissions error on the server, will correct it soon.

SlayerAt5280
Wed Jul 10th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Anyone tried recently?

UHATEIT
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 08:54 AM
I had that error when trying to change my signature on Tuesday but then it seemed to fix itself Wednesday

Ghosty
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Your sig pic is GIANT, btw.

I tried changing my avatar just now and it still gave an error. They're probably still working on it. And some sig size guidelines too we hope.

:D

UHATEIT
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 09:58 AM

I tried changing my avatar just now and it still gave an error. They're probably still working on it. And some sig size guidelines too we hope.

I just used the image off the internet that was the size. Wasn't sure how to make it smaller actually. I guess Id have to copy the impage and host it to my photobucket then shrink the size, then reinput it into my sig correct?

cbirchem0724
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 10:00 AM
:( wont let me add an avatar, This is most likely caused by no read/write permissions on the "Avatar" folder. FTP to the server and run a 777 command on that directory.

UHATEIT
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 10:05 AM

found a smaller picture online and just changed it, as to not piss anyone off :)

bulldog
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 10:22 AM
found a smaller picture online and just changed it, as to not piss anyone off :) They get pissed because they don't even lift! :lol:

Ghosty
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 10:31 AM
They get pissed because they don't even lift! :lol:
Truth! :D

UhateIt: That's exactly how I've done it in the past: Saving off the web, cropping/resizing with IrfanView, upload to PhotoBucket, then grabbing the image-tagged link from there to put in my sig.

UHATEIT
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Truth! :D

UhateIt: That's exactly how I've done it in the past: Saving off the web, cropping/resizing with IrfanView, upload to PhotoBucket, then grabbing the image-tagged link from there to put in my sig.

I was going to do that but just found the non blown up size and then used that image. I think it's too small now tho :( I may just increase it a tad. Hopefuly I didn't piss anyone off with my sig being so big, but I swear everytime I see the picture I start laughing ha!

And no I do not lift, not since 10th grade, so it's been about 13 years since I was lifting. I'm scrawny as heck so I can't speak on any lifting stuff

UHATEIT
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 11:10 AM
There we go, took the original internet image, screen shot it with snagit8, reduced it to 75% size and uploaded to my photobucket then used that link for here. Sorry for the troubles everyone

Ghosty
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 11:45 AM
I was going to do that but just found the non blown up size and then used that image. I think it's too small now tho :(
No, it was good, could see and read just fine.

cbirchem0724
Mon Jul 15th, 2013, 08:28 AM
This is most likely caused by no read/write permissions on the "Avatar" folder. FTP to the server and run a 777 command on that directory.

Any word when this is going to be fixed?

rforsythe
Tue Jul 16th, 2013, 10:25 AM
No. You will have the same avatar pictures for the rest of time.

Ghosty
Tue Jul 16th, 2013, 12:45 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/rofl.gif

cbirchem0724
Mon Jul 22nd, 2013, 08:45 AM

Well if you need help fixing it let me know.. Its a 30 second fix

rforsythe
Mon Jul 22nd, 2013, 10:28 AM
Every time someone asks about avatars, a Honda dies...

I'll get to it soon, haven't had much time to fix glitches here lately.

#1Townie
Mon Jul 22nd, 2013, 01:01 PM
Can I fix it??? I'll fix real good. Lol..... actually I'm probably too stupid to even screw anything up.

cbirchem0724
Mon Jul 22nd, 2013, 01:32 PM
Every time someone asks about avatars, a Honda dies...

In that case, im going to have to ask another 100 or so times.