PDA

View Full Version : Good steakhouses?

Think
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 09:11 AM
Anyone have a recommendation for a good steakhouse in downtown Denver? Cost isn't a huge issue, just looking for a decent place to go. Been looking at Sullivan's and Bastien's.

~Barn~
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 09:19 AM
Shanahan's is amazing. I used to be a big Morton's guy, but Shanahan's even trumps them. I'd recommend either though, to be fair. Kinda depends on which part of town you want to dine in.

jcj81
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 10:02 AM
I like Morton's, haven't tried any of the others in Denver.

chrishall314
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 10:03 AM
Not downtown (in Englewood), but figured I would throw it out there. I went to Steakhouse 10 with some friends and everyone enjoyed their food. I would go back.

CaneZach
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 10:13 AM
I've never been to Morton's in Denver, but if their Denver branch is as good as their Indianapolis shop, you'll have no complaints. I've been to Capital Grille and enjoyed it as well. Sullivan's was very good too. Del Frisco's was very nice. Really, I don't think you're going to find a bad meal at any of the high-end steakhouses. I don't care for Ruth's Chris, so I wouldn't include them.

~Barn~
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 11:27 AM
<Snip...> I don't care for Ruth's Chris, so I wouldn't include them.

+1 Definitely bringing up the rear in any sort of "high-end" list.

Dasaxman6
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 12:14 PM
Texas de brazil

CaneZach
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 12:26 PM
Texas de brazil

I don't count the churrascarias. Although they're definitely enjoyable, you're paying for quantity, not necessarily quality. DOn't get me wrong, the beef is good, but the steaks at somewhere like Morton's are much better.

Keyser Soze
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 12:52 PM
Chophouse?

longrider
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 12:59 PM
Another vote for Shanahan's but I did notice the OP said downtown and Shanahan's is in the tech center

~Barn~
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 01:06 PM
Thanks for pointing that out Paul. Turns out I never learned to read.

birchyboy
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 01:28 PM
Shanahan's or Elways. Great steaks at either place.

longrider
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 01:38 PM
Shanahan's or Elways. Great steaks at either place.

So is the rule for a good steakhouse the owner has to be a former Bronco?? :) ;) Now if you are willing to travel a little I can beat either of those steakhouses...

Ghosty
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 01:51 PM
Ruth's Chris (very pricey), Morton's, & the Chophouse are my favorites. I haven't been to Saltgrass yet. Chophouse has excellent food. Try the Artisanal Cheese platter as a shareable appetizer, it's awesome.

http://www.denverchophouse.com/menus/1/

Also the biggest best Filet I've ever had. Their large (12oz.?) is ridiculous, almost mutant size for a Filet Mignon, lol. And they're actual real nice Filet's, not like the crap they pass off at the grocery store as "Beef Tenderloin". I don't know if they still have the Lobster Club sandwich on the lunch menu. It rocks though.

CaneZach
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 02:03 PM
Ruth's Chris (very pricey), Morton's, & the Chophouse are my favorites. I haven't been to Saltgrass yet. Chophouse has excellent food. Try the Artisanal Cheese platter as a shareable appetizer, it's awesome.

http://www.denverchophouse.com/menus/1/

Also the biggest best Filet I've ever had. Their large (12oz.?) is ridiculous, almost mutant size for a Filet Mignon, lol. And they're actual real nice Filet's, not like the crap they pass off at the grocery store as "Beef Tenderloin". I don't know if they still have the Lobster Club sandwich on the lunch menu. It rocks though.

Saltgrass is like going to a Texas Roadhouse. It's ok, but it's not in the same league as Morton's, Shanahan's, etc.

FZ1Guy
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 02:26 PM
+1 For Morton & Elways... both great places to get a awesome steak

Ezzzzy1
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 02:40 PM
Mortons is Denvers top rated "Steak House".

Really anywhere that sells/prepares aged steaks is going to be good. Thats really the only difference between the steaks sold at Outback and Road House.

sloridr
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 03:27 PM
http://www.blackhatcattleco.com/

Not downtown at all. But a good place up in the hills!

mdub
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 03:31 PM
if money is no object the Taco Bell on 16th St. Mall have good steak sliced for their steak burritos.

johne303
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 04:15 PM
if money is no object the Taco Bell on 16th St. Mall have good steak sliced for their steak burritos.

Denny's is right outside of downtown Denver but it has some great steaks

BushyAR15
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 05:39 PM
Depends on the cut of meat. I find Brooks has an excellent porterhouse. Brooks steaks are all USDA Prime with the exception of the filet. Their price even includes a starch and creamed corn. I also like The Keg, as they do a great job of getting your steak right even whe you order "cool blue"... I ve ben to Morton's a couple times but apparently it didn't make an impression on me as it doesn't usually pop into my head when I think steak same with The Chophouse. Been there a few times usually at the suggestion of friends but not some place I think about.

Del Friscos is really outstanding. The food quality is really good regardless if you order steak or lamb. Pricey but good.

Ive not been to Elways or Shanahans. I've heard if you are after a steak, Shanahans is a good pick.

Keyser Soze
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:39 AM
Have you ever been to Capital Grille?

https://www.thecapitalgrille.com/

Ghosty
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:17 AM
Saltgrass is like going to a Texas Roadhouse. It's ok, but it's not in the same league as Morton's, Shanahan's, etc.
Thanks for the heads up.