PDA

View Full Version : Michelin Pilot Power 3 feedback anyone?

MilkMan
Mon Jul 1st, 2013, 09:47 PM
The r1 is in need of a new set of stickies and just seeing if anyone had any experiance with the PP3's yet? I had the 2ct's on both of my old bikes and they were by far my favorite tires as far as feel, confidence, and wear, so I can only assume that the 3's take everything a step further, just wondering if they are worth the few bucks extra cost vs the 2ct's. one of those will be what I end up running. I was not happy at all with the Dunlop q2's unfortunately because I know so many folks are and performance is practically giving them away at sets with 190 rear @ $210. Just were not my bag and made my old bike feel unsafe IMO. Any input is appreciated as usual guys and gals! Thanks!
-Mick-

j0ker
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:51 AM
They are an awesome tire. There are several threads on here already that have many people talking highly of them.

I usually rock the RP3's as they last about 12k instead of the 3-4k.

One-ops
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 11:28 AM
I'm on the pures and love them thus far and can be had cheap

TFOGGuys
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 03:06 PM
The feedback from customers so far has been very positive in terms of performance, but the tire is new enough that i don't have any real wear data yet.

Rabbie303
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 03:41 PM
Are the PP3's meant to take over for the 2CT's, or totally different animal?

MilkMan
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 04:20 PM
Where can the pures be had for cheap? Always heard good things about them as well.
-Mick-

MilkMan
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 04:30 PM
I think the pp3's are just the next evolution from Michelin in regards to the weekend warrior type of riders with the occasional track day in mind. They have a semi slick design similar to the q2's and supposedly net a 20% wear increase over the 2ct. I love love LOVED how both of my previous bikes felt on the 2ct's and the 3's are apparently the next higher step on the performance ladder, both in the wet and the dry. I might just try them out to offer some real world feedback for anyone who would care lol! I ride my bikes A LOT, and in a lot of different scenarios from just commuting, canyon hazing, runs down the drag strip, and need to start getting out to more track days when I get the balls to do so lol! But its usually to the tune of around 500+ miles a month when the weather holds. My last set of 2ct's lasted over 6,000 miles, which I'm told is unheard of, so any increase in wear WITH an increase in performance IMO is just having your cake and eating it too.
-Mick-

Frankie675
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 07:57 PM
I had the PP3's for about 500 miles on the Daytona. From my research they were the replacement 2ct's and pures. I put them on after 2 sets of q2's and was surprised at how confident I was. I don't push hard and never wore the strips off my q2's in the canyons but I definitely felt that I would have been able to push the PP3's a lot harder. Picked up the set for $260 from stg.

TFOGGuys
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:53 PM
When you're ready, gimme a call. I keep 'em in stock, and I'm always competitive on price :)

One-ops
Wed Jul 3rd, 2013, 11:25 AM
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=7217

Was here but their sold out of fronts and your rear these 180's are all they have left.
Performance had some. Pops bought his from stg i got mine at perfomance for 312 Or something mounted.

Rabbie303
Wed Jul 3rd, 2013, 11:54 AM
I just called Let It Ride and Performance, and oddly enough, Performance had the cheaper price. The 2CT's were amazing tires, but given that the 3's have more life on them, I think I'm going to try them on my 1K now.

120/70 17 - front 105
180/55 17 - rear 135

j0ker
Wed Jul 3rd, 2013, 01:06 PM
I just called Let It Ride and Performance, and oddly enough, Performance had the cheaper price. The 2CT's were amazing tires, but given that the 3's have more life on them, I think I'm going to try them on my 1K now.

120/70 17 - front 105
180/55 17 - rear 135
You wont be disappointed. They grab like someone is pulling you to the road!

One-ops
Wed Jul 3rd, 2013, 03:27 PM
Nice prices!!