PDA

View Full Version : Lame; Scripted Reality Survivor Show

bulldog
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
So annoyed...I wasted 1 hour on some lame tv show last night name Siberia. I thought it was a Survivor type show; they drop 16 people off in the middle of Siberia to survive with no rules. Watched the entire episode and then at the end one of the guys gets attacked and killed and they make it sound like some monster is lose they didn't know about. At that point I figured it was fake. A internet search says it is a scripted reality show...how lame

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/07/01/siberia-whodunnit-reality-tv/

Only watched it because it came on after American Ninja Warrior Competition and was like "how is this going to work without rules because for $500K I'd totally be that person to beat other people up for their food". I know this is not new and shows like Jersey Shore, The Hills, etc have been like this, but they made this seem like the new Survivor.

tecknojoe
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Just about everything is faked now. Those gun shows (like the one filmed here in colorado), pawn stars, hardcore pawn, storage wars, american pickers, american loggers, tow truck wars

all fake

Filo
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 01:02 PM
You could just go with "Lame reality show". The sooner the rest of the world agrees with me that reality TV is absolute garbage and unworthy of my time the better off we all will be.

I would rather drill a hole in my head than watch any reality TV. If I want to see stupid people behaving badly and showing stunningly poor judgement, I can just go outside.

bulldog
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 01:07 PM
You could just go with "Lame reality show". The sooner the rest of the world agrees with me that reality TV is absolute garbage and unworthy of my time the better off we all will be.

I would rather drill a hole in my head than watch any reality TV. If I want to see stupid people behaving badly and showing stunningly poor judgement, I can just go outside. To each their own, but I like stuff like Survivor to see how people can do in those situations. Reality show The Ultimate Fighter is my favorite show of any show! Really didn't think this was reality till last 5 minutes of show....

Sometimes I watch tv to be mindless and entertained.....this just fooled me.

mdub
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 01:15 PM
So annoyed...I wasted 1 hour on some lame tv show last night name Siberia. I thought it was a Survivor type show; they drop 16 people off in the middle of Siberia to survive with no rules. Watched the entire episode and then at the end one of the guys gets attacked and killed and they make it sound like some monster is lose they didn't know about. At that point I figured it was fake. A internet search says it is a scripted reality show...how lame

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/07/01/siberia-whodunnit-reality-tv/

Only watched it because it came on after American Ninja Warrior Competition and was like "how is this going to work without rules because for $500K I'd totally be that person to beat other people up for their food". I know this is not new and shows like Jersey Shore, The Hills, etc have been like this, but they made this seem like the new Survivor.

haha...i saw that last nite.....i think it is a Siberian Tiger that got the camera man...

birchyboy
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 01:24 PM
Gunsmoke, the CO gun dealer in the show, is having some serious issues right now and can't legally sell guns.

bulldog
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 01:27 PM
haha...i saw that last nite.....i think it is a Siberian Tiger that got the camera man... Were you fooled too? I had heard nothing on this show and for 55 minutes I was convinced this was a real show for $500K. I thought maybe a tiger too, but then they kept saying it was an animal noise they never heard before and then they did the lame "Blair Witch" camera trick where he gets attacked and then you see nothing....yeah right. And wasn't just the camera man; the "nice guy" who carried the injured guy got killed they said....and acted like this was not at all planned and were going to cancel show at that point. Then previews for other episodes were just ridiculous

j0ker
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 01:35 PM
I like Survivor Man. :yay:

Filo
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 03:53 PM
To each their own, but I like stuff like Survivor to see how people can do in those situations. Reality show The Ultimate Fighter is my favorite show of any show! Really didn't think this was reality till last 5 minutes of show....

Sometimes I watch tv to be mindless and entertained.....this just fooled me.

Well, clearly this means we can't hang out anymore! Tonight's lifting-and-beer-drinking date that we had is OFF! But, really, reality TV gives me stomach cramps. But as you said to each his own...

Grim2.0
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 04:11 PM
What the hell is TV?

Vance
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 05:29 PM
They've been advertising the shit out of the show as a piece of fiction intended to look like a reality TV show to give it that whole trendy "Paranormal Activity" and such look / feel. Not sure how anyone missed that if you've spend 30 seconds on the internet.

mdub
Tue Jul 2nd, 2013, 05:36 PM
Were you fooled too? I had heard nothing on this show and for 55 minutes I was convinced this was a real show for $500K. I thought maybe a tiger too, but then they kept saying it was an animal noise they never heard before and then they did the lame "Blair Witch" camera trick where he gets attacked and then you see nothing....yeah right. And wasn't just the camera man; the "nice guy" who carried the injured guy got killed they said....and acted like this was not at all planned and were going to cancel show at that point. Then previews for other episodes were just ridiculous

And those mushrooms they found. Yeah. Like they were gonna eat them. That is what the next episode is gonna be. Tripping on the sounds of the woods.

bulldog
Wed Jul 3rd, 2013, 07:57 AM
Well, clearly this means we can't hang out anymore! Tonight's lifting-and-beer-drinking date that we had is OFF! But, really, reality TV gives me stomach cramps. But as you said to each his own... :lol: Honestly I am not too picky. I watch a lot of educational animal, science, nature shows too. Then I may watch Snapped with my girl for a hour and then switch to Family Guy. Most my tv watching seems to be backround noise anyways.

They've been advertising the shit out of the show as a piece of fiction intended to look like a reality TV show to give it that whole trendy "Paranormal Activity" and such look / feel. Not sure how anyone missed that if you've spend 30 seconds on the internet. I got a DVR man; never watch commercials...waste of time; why spend 1 hour on a show that takes maybe 40 minutes without commercials. Honestly I don't watch much tv and really just watched because I am into American Ninja Warrior Competition that was before it....had never even heard of the show.

And those mushrooms they found. Yeah. Like they were gonna eat them. That is what the next episode is gonna be. Tripping on the sounds of the woods. Damn I'd spend my time just eating those and hitting on the hot girls on the show :lol: Yeah I don't plan on watching episode #2; already got me once.