PDA

View Full Version : 2006 R2SL

Jaydoc
Sun Oct 2nd, 2005, 11:45 PM
Any idea where R2SL 2006 is going to be?

Canuck
Sun Oct 2nd, 2005, 11:54 PM
Too early to know for sure. A good possibility is Miller Park in Salt Lake, UT.

CBRChick
Mon Oct 3rd, 2005, 07:51 AM
We are still in the process of finding out where we will hold it... it may be a couple weeks until we know for sure... just know that there WILL be a place for R2SL :)

EliR6
Mon Oct 3rd, 2005, 10:53 AM
Too early to know for sure. A good possibility is Miller Park in Salt Lake, UT.

If it's there, I'm in!

rforsythe
Mon Oct 3rd, 2005, 12:55 PM
Here is the OFFICIAL word regarding R2SL/2006 at this time:

Obviously we are saddened by the loss of PPIR, especially considering we were already locking in dates to host R2SL there for 2006. However we aren't going to let this knock us down! MMP is a possibility, as are some other facilities. Unless something miraculous happens with CAMP (Colorado's new in-progress track) or PPIR's new owner has a change of heart, the chances of this being in Colorado for 2006 are slim.

Also, as was announced at the MRA rider's meeting yesterday, the one and only Eric Bostrom is getting involved! That's right, with the help of our participants we've made this thing so great that riders like EBoz are taking interest. I wish I could say more about this very positive news, but rest assured a full press release will be issued as soon as we get all the details nailed down. You will not want to miss Racing 2 Save Lives in 2006!

- Ralph
Operations Director and VP, R2SL

~Barn~
Mon Oct 3rd, 2005, 02:49 PM
Can I ask for my 2006 R2SL laptimes now?

You know... just so I can get them shortly after the event concludes.

:P

shacheri
Thu Nov 3rd, 2005, 01:06 PM
Touche!

friscokidd
Thu Nov 3rd, 2005, 02:24 PM
Here is the OFFICIAL word regarding R2SL/2006 at this time:

We are not sure where it will be, but it will be. That is all.....

- Ralph
Operations Director and VP, R2SL

:D

rforsythe
Thu Nov 3rd, 2005, 02:44 PM
Now we know where it will be, we're just sorting out the dates. :D

~Barn~
Mon Jan 2nd, 2006, 10:56 PM
Was checking out Miller's website some more, and was wondering if R2SL is going to run the West, East, Outer, or Full, track configuration?

I mean... who wouldn't want a crack at that main straight, coming off that 50' wide banked final turn. :yumyum:

FZRguy
Tue Jan 3rd, 2006, 12:36 AM
From what I know, R2SL will be running different groups on the East and West tracks. Ralph knows more…

rforsythe
Tue Jan 3rd, 2006, 09:24 AM
Nothing is set on track configuration yet, however it'll definitely be worth the trip out there! We should know more about which tracks we're running and when soon. My ideal vision is to be able to run both east and west tracks simultaneously, but I am going over all options and we'll make the best decision in the interest of safety.

MMP is designed to be THE premier motorcycle track in the country, and R2SL is the first event to ever take place there! If you thought PPIR was fun, MMP is going to blow your mind, no matter what track config we run!!

Online pre-registration opens VERY soon, we'll make an announcement when it happens. By the way, you will save a little money by signing up online so we highly encourage that. ;)