PDA

View Full Version : Ride Notice

Shawnzy
Sun Jul 7th, 2013, 12:53 PM
I've seen a lot of posts over the last few months where people want to meet up to ride and throw up the post with 24 hours or less of notice. I don't know how much everyone else checks the forum, but some more notice would be great, because I'd like to come out and ride with folks. Example: just today there are 2 posts for riding today that were put up yesterday. If I would have known I could have made plans but as it is, it's a wee inconvenient to try and drop everything the day of. Just a thought/request for those that want to plan any rides, whether short or long. I know I would much appreciate some advanced warning. Can't wait to get out on some more rides with ya'll!

The-Violator
Sun Jul 7th, 2013, 05:52 PM
I second that. kinda hard to arrange for someone to be watching the kids make sure that I don't have plans with the wife or work obligations if I have 24 hours or less of notice

Matty
Sun Jul 7th, 2013, 09:00 PM
you know.... you can always post up a future ride as well. doesn't mean you have to lead or come up with a planned route. just give a time, date, and meet-up spot and hope people will show. y'all can figure a route there.

i simply don't post up rides, cause i'm a flake and life happens kinda guy.

AOK303
Sun Jul 7th, 2013, 11:34 PM
oi ive been lazy i normally try to set up one or two a month but have been doing it via text

and Matty you been ridding to PM? ive been parking by your look alike bike or yours

Matty
Mon Jul 8th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Nope... No riding to work for me.

Lomax
Mon Jul 8th, 2013, 07:19 PM
I am one of the guilty ones that posts up last minute rides. Sometimes when I get up I just feel like going somewhere and want to give others a chance to join in. I know it is not the way to actually plan something, but that is the way it is. :D

Marc

Shawnzy
Mon Jul 8th, 2013, 10:44 PM
I am one of the guilty ones that posts up last minute rides. Sometimes when I get up I just feel like going somewhere and want to give others a chance to join in. I know it is not the way to actually plan something, but that is the way it is. :D

Marc

I'm totally down with that. Whatever gets people out! I think since there just haven't been a lot of planned rides I have been somewhat frustrated. Much love for last minute meets, too. I love the big group experience so those require some planning.

UHATEIT
Tue Jul 9th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Good thread. I guess some people tho randomly get free time and then decide to post up, not necessarily caring if lots show up (most well planned in advancerides will gather a good amoutn of riders). I always like planned ahead rides as well. Seems like last summer there was a good amount of group rides and not so much this year.

A good meet last year was the CSC yearly bbq. That was the first weekend in August, which is now only 4 weeks away, so I'l hoping something gets posted for that. There were some good group rides in the morning then rendezvous at the BBQ spot.

asp_125
Tue Jul 9th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Nobody actually rides on CSC. There are only super secret rides. ;)

UHATEIT
Tue Jul 9th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Nobody actually rides on CSC. There are only super secret rides. ;)

That seems to be the case. There were some good organized group rides last summer but it seems not so much this year, just little here and there last minute rides but nothing big. I really enjoyed the Deckers ride last year that met at MOCO and seperated into 3 groups. I think it was organized by Christy and was for the moptorcycle shop that opened in Deckers. There were leaders and sweepers for each group of skill level. Nothing crazy I know, but it was a nicely organized event like 30 something people