PDA

View Full Version : Can some one help me with a seat re-covering?

rifleshooter
Mon Jul 8th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Hello, Team!

I just dodged the bullet on the sale of WorshipCycle, my almost-pristine 1996 CBR 600 F3. Finances changed, and I don't have to sell the bike.

Also, a seat cover I ordered for the motorcycle about 1,500 years ago finally came in unexpectedly, in time to replace the tearing saddle cover. I've never re-covered a seat before, and a local upholstery shop wants more money to put it on than I paid for the darned thing - nearly $100!

I am not convinced it's that hard of a job. Is this something I can do alone? Can someone help me? Is there a shop that will do it for $30-$50?

Erratic
Wed Jul 17th, 2013, 06:04 AM
I'm guessing the seat cover you ordered is already cut to fit. If that's the case then all you have to do is remove the old one, then use a staple gun to put the new one on. It really is not that hard.

rybo
Wed Jul 17th, 2013, 06:18 AM
It's not hard, but I understand that it's something you want done really right.

Give Alex West a call:

http://gowestseats.com/gowestmain.html

Let her know that I sent you. I'm not sure what she would charge for such a job, but everything I've had her do has been reasonably priced, timely and very high quality.

Scott

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Jul 17th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Was that Steve you went to? He charged me $120 to fabricate a new cover with stitching and everything on my 3rd gen. I'd be surprised if he charged that much. He's next to Woodward.

Http://stevegowing.com

birchyboy
Wed Jul 17th, 2013, 08:01 AM
It's not hard, but I understand that it's something you want done really right.

Give Alex West a call:

http://gowestseats.com/gowestmain.html

Let her know that I sent you. I'm not sure what she would charge for such a job, but everything I've had her do has been reasonably priced, timely and very high quality.

Scott

I've tried calling her a couple times in the past 2 weeks and never heard back :-(

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Jul 17th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Duh, I should be more awake before posting. I thought it was Scott asking for recovering.,,.

:doh