PDA

View Full Version : WR bolt mystery

Husky
Tue Jul 9th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Hey Jim,
I have a 2005 WR450f and on the right side of the cylinder their appears to be a hole that looks like it should have a bolt or some kind of a plug in it. I have looked on line and in various repair manuals and cant find what the %$#!! is suppose to go here. Any thoughts?

The bike runs fine but has me stumped as far as this what appears to be a factory pre-drilled hole

FZRguy
Wed Jul 10th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Yes, a bolt goes in that hole...32 on the parts fiche.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2005-yamaha-wr450f-wr450ft/o/m145334#sch521606

TFOGGuys
Wed Jul 10th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Hey Jim,
I have a 2005 WR450f and on the right side of the cylinder their appears to be a hole that looks like it should have a bolt or some kind of a plug in it. I have looked on line and in various repair manuals and cant find what the %$#!! is suppose to go here. Any thoughts?

The bike runs fine but has me stumped as far as this what appears to be a factory pre-drilled hole

If the hole is the one on the cylinder head itself, it is the drain for the spark plug well. It is designed to allow any water that might get in there to drain out. These are designed to be left open.

Husky
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. Jim I think you are correct. This is on the Cylinder Head itself and just about in the middle right between the head bolts. If this is just designed to drain any water out, should there be anything kind of covering it for times you're washing the bike or corssing creeks etc to prevent water from getting in? Sorry these are probably stupid questions but up until now the most up to date dirt bike I had was a 1976 YZx so not use to the new technology on these bikes

TFOGGuys
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. Jim I think you are correct. This is on the Cylinder Head itself and just about in the middle right between the head bolts. If this is just designed to drain any water out, should there be anything kind of covering it for times you're washing the bike or corssing creeks etc to prevent water from getting in? Sorry these are probably stupid questions but up until now the most up to date dirt bike I had was a 1976 YZx so not use to the new technology on these bikes

No special precautions necessary, just make sure it doesn't get all clogged by mud and debris.

Husky
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Thanks Jim, appreciate your help.