PDA

View Full Version : Group ride 7/13/13 Moco @ 10am

Grim2.0
Wed Jul 10th, 2013, 02:39 PM
I will be riding 2 up so the pace will be slightly slower than "the pace"

KSU is 10AM so if you are not there before 10 then you missed the ride.

Destination will be Nederland where the wife and I will be grabbing some lunch then heading back to Moco

The route will be where my bike takes us, but if you have whatever issue with Kerr gulch get over it cause I use it all the time to bypass 74.

I don't give a crap what gear you wear.

If you don't like the time go on your own ride, if you don't like the route.....go on your own ride.

Noobs are welcome faster people are welcome everyone just ride your own ride.

See you then

Matty
Wed Jul 10th, 2013, 02:52 PM
wow... you sound so ecstatic to start up a group ride... Hahaha!!!

Grim2.0
Wed Jul 10th, 2013, 03:00 PM
wow... you sound so ecstatic to start up a group ride... Hahaha!!!

Yea i am going out on a limb here, prob the only one I'll do all year.

UHATEIT
Wed Jul 10th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Was planning a ride that morning anyways with a local friend, I'm working with him to see if he wants to join this ride as well. He's much faster paced than me but can hang as well with the whole group. We were planning on Blackhawk so if we join we will just follow to Nederland then split off on the way back possibly. Sounds good and the KSU time sounds like my type of time frame :)

Bueller
Wed Jul 10th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Yea i am going out on a limb here, prob the only one I'll do all year.
it's all coming becoming clear now now? well almost.

Grim2.0
Wed Jul 10th, 2013, 06:37 PM
it's all coming becoming clear now now? well almost.

Yes I see why you do what you do...I've enjoyed solo a lot!

UHATEIT
Wed Jul 10th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Ad 2 to the count. My and a local friend will join. I got him onto this forum and he hasn't met anyone yet so I said this will be a decent paced rride and be able to meet a few riders on here. Will be there before 10. You know my bike and he is on a white R6

AOK303
Wed Jul 10th, 2013, 10:22 PM
i call shanaigans

vort3xr6
Wed Jul 10th, 2013, 11:14 PM
I can't wait to show up on one of your rides wearing sandals, shorts and a beanie.

get the new bike on the 20th.

Grim2.0
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 08:28 AM
I can't wait to show up on one of your rides wearing sandals, shorts and a beanie.

get the new bike on the 20th.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/gcc/28241611_zps88e07173.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/user/irishrussianpunk/media/gcc/28241611_zps88e07173.jpg.html)

Nolan
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 09:39 AM
I might show up in a pink tutu, wearing socks with my flip flops. Do I need to wear my hat backwards so it doesn't blow off?

HOTCARCASS
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 02:31 PM
2 up sucks. Saw a group of 5 sport bikes this weekend 2 up they looked miserable. Get a Harley dude.

Grim2.0
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 02:54 PM
2 up sucks. Saw a group of 5 sport bikes this weekend 2 up they looked miserable. Get a Harley dude.

How dare you!

2up sucks when you have a passenger that doesn't know wtf they are doing, and you can ask anyone on here who has seen my wife ride with me, she is a good passenger.

Shawnzy
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 09:47 PM
How dare you!

2up sucks when you have a passenger that doesn't know wtf they are doing, and you can ask anyone on here who has seen my wife ride with me, she is a good passenger.

Bump. Might be bringing my bride along. She's new at it but she's learning quick. Maybe your wife can give her some pointers.

Grim2.0
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Bump. Might be bringing my bride along. She's new at it but she's learning quick. Maybe your wife can give her some pointers.

Same bike too if I don't get something new by then, she can give her some pointers though.

Shawnzy
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Same bike too if I don't get something new by then, she can give her some pointers though.

It's kind of bad since I just bought it a few months ago but I already wants something faster...Unfortunately we don't have lots of play in the finances so I can upgrade. I want a gixxer 1000 or a hayabusa. What are you lookin for?

Grim2.0
Fri Jul 12th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Bump there will be a ride briefing at 9:45

See you there

Drama2
Fri Jul 12th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Shawnzy, the advice I would give for your wife is to ensure she does not wrap her arms around you and hold on near your chest. She needs to tuck her fingers up between your crotch and the tank and maybe brace one hand on the tank and lock fingers. It adds a sense of security to her and takes the extra body pressure off your back and arms. Also ensure she grips herself with her thighs and just goes with the bike movement, if she gets nervous then chew a piece of gum. I was a passenger for about 7 years on a Z12.

HOTCARCASS
Fri Jul 12th, 2013, 11:46 PM
How dare you!

Bla bla I have had the best most experienced passengers bfd. 2 up sucks my Harley was cool i miss it. Had a blast on that thing w a passenger. Bought it new in 91. Had a CBR 1000 as well in the 80s that was decent 2 up. Quit preaching to the choir.

Grim2.0
Sat Jul 13th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Shawnzy, the advice I would give for your wife is to ensure she does not wrap her arms around you and hold on near your chest. She needs to tuck her fingers up between your crotch and the tank and maybe brace one hand on the tank and lock fingers. It adds a sense of security to her and takes the extra body pressure off your back and arms. Also ensure she grips herself with her thighs and just goes with the bike movement, if she gets nervous then chew a piece of gum. I was a passenger for about 7 years on a Z12.

This does not apply for an SV1000 different riding style.

gregr
Sat Jul 13th, 2013, 01:51 PM
The route will be where my bike takes us, but if you have whatever issue with Kerr gulch get over it cause I use it all the time to bypass 74.

How did I never know about this road? Geez - anything that bypasses 74 has to be good.

Why don't people like it?

Nolan
Sat Jul 13th, 2013, 02:14 PM
I think you might be interested in this track:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=200130454774047343687.0004e16a41752b18c41fa

Created by Google My Tracks on Android.

Name: 5801-5839 Garrison St
Activity type: Riding
Description: Fun
Total distance: 233.87 km (145.3 mi)
Total time: 5:43:41
Moving time: 5:07:13
Average speed: 40.83 km/h (25.4 mi/h)
Average moving speed: 45.67 km/h (28.4 mi/h)
Max speed: 150.30 km/h (93.4 mi/h)
Average pace: 1.47 min/km (2.4 min/mi)
Average moving pace: 1.31 min/km (2.1 min/mi)
Fastest pace: 0.40 min/km (0.6 min/mi)
Max elevation: 2829 m (9281 ft)
Min elevation: 1611 m (5286 ft)
Elevation gain: 3592 m (11786 ft)
Max grade: 11 %
Min grade: -16 %
Recorded: 7/13/2013 08:15

Grim2.0
Sat Jul 13th, 2013, 02:43 PM
That's pretty cool Nolan thanks for sharing! What App is that?

Nolan
Sat Jul 13th, 2013, 02:59 PM
My Tracks.... I believe.

Grim2.0
Sat Jul 13th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Ravel for the first mile.

Shawnzy
Sat Jul 13th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Sorry we missed you guys. We got held up and had to miss the meet time. We went on our own jaunt. 2up on this thing is brutal but fun. See anyone who will be out for the ride next Sat.

Sully
Mon Jul 15th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Had a good time, thanks for planning this! Hope you and the wife had a nice lunch in Nederland! Also, thanks for showing me Kerr Gulch for the first time evar!! :) It wasn't as bad as you explained it to be :lol:

Grim2.0
Mon Jul 15th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Had a good time, thanks for planning this! Hope you and the wife had a nice lunch in Nederland! Also, thanks for showing me Kerr Gulch for the first time evar!! :) It wasn't as bad as you explained it to be :lol:

What?? I never said it was bad i just said it had gravel :lol:

We did have a very nice lunch and we took GG back.

Thanks for sweeping :boobies:

Sully
Mon Jul 15th, 2013, 04:19 PM
;)

UHATEIT
Tue Jul 16th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Yes Sully thanks for sweeping up my slow ass! Sorry that i held you back, but I made sure to "ride my own ride" even if that is at the pace of a 10 year old girl :(

Cornfed
Tue Jul 16th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Yes Sully thanks for sweeping up my slow ass! Sorry that i held you back, but I made sure to "ride my own ride" even if that is at the pace of a 10 year old girl :(

Dude, you gotta give yourself a break. Nobody minds waiting at the next corner for the group to reconnect. Everybody hates it when the ambulance shows up because you were riding over your head.

Drama2
Tue Jul 16th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Agree...

Sully
Tue Jul 16th, 2013, 02:00 PM

It's all good :) .. It'll just take some time to get your confidence back. Just try to ride as much as you can and don't worry about holding anyone up. The more you worry about that, the more stressed out you can become, which tends to make you less focused on your ride! Just relax and don't even worry about the person behind you! :up: Try to work on those things I mentioned to you and it'll get better :)

Nolan
Tue Jul 16th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Just have fun.
From one noon to another..... Practice in your head whenever you are on the road even in your car, lean into the turns and visualize what you want to do with the bike. Turn off the music. Work on talking yourself through turns, traffic, whatever. Don't over analyze what the bike is telling you. If you think something is off with the bike get someone to log a couple hours on it and be willing to accept that you may just be right or that you're really wrong.
Relax! Have fun!

IMHO

UHATEIT
Tue Jul 16th, 2013, 03:16 PM
I was extra cautious for sand. I had never ridden Kerr Gulch or that frontage road so 2 new roads for me to have learned on. Went out on Sunday on the same path we went on Saturday and went a good amount faster knowing what to expect.

Grim2.0
Tue Jul 16th, 2013, 04:10 PM
I would have been mad at you if we had to wait for an ambulance to scoop you off the road, you did what you should have don't apologize.

UHATEIT
Tue Jul 16th, 2013, 06:52 PM
I think its more knowing that I should be able to go faster but just don't do it. Not a fan of sand and of course it always shows its ugly head near the turns it seems. Thanks for putting up with my bitching

Oddibe
Thu Aug 15th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Sorry for the long absence. On the very tail end of this ride, I lazily entered a tight S-turn a gear too high but when I tried to downshift the bike went into a false neutral. The bike then stood up & clipped the retaining wall. The bike jumped a couple feet in the air. I still thought I could save it till when I landed the bike popped into 1st and the retaining wall pinned the throttle wide open. In the 10 feet to the canyon wall, the bike accelerated from about 35 to who knows...

The bike hit the canyon wall at a 90 degree. The bike flipped onto me, breaking almost every vertebrae in my back, 4 ribs, my clavicle, scapula, hand, and bruised several organs. I spent the next 4 weeks in the hospital. My bike is dead. I am glad not to be paralyzed or worse, dead.

I don't consider myself a noob rider, having ridden 20+ years. I guess I was tired from the long ride and lazy as i was almost done. Be careful, CSC. Always be alert and expect the unexpected.

Generic
Thu Aug 15th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Holy cow man, that sounds horrible! Glad you are alive but wondering how we didn't know about this sooner. Anything we can do to help on your recovery?

Sully
Thu Aug 15th, 2013, 09:52 AM
I didn't know you were on here.. We came to see you at the hospital, not sure if you remembered that or not.. We were soooo glad that you were ok, as it could have been worse (like you said above). Glad you are home and recuperating. Take care of yourself! :)

Matty
Thu Aug 15th, 2013, 10:32 AM
didn't hear anything about this, holy shit. glad you're alive!!! heal up quick.

Grim2.0
Thu Aug 15th, 2013, 10:45 AM
I assume this was after I left and got lunch with my wife and you all went wherever cause I know nobody went down when I was leading. Sucks to hear man glad you survived.

Oddibe
Thu Aug 15th, 2013, 03:33 PM
I assume this was after I left and got lunch with my wife and you all went wherever cause I know nobody went down when I was leading. Sucks to hear man glad you survived.

No G, this was way after. Went from Nederland to Left Hand, then back South to Golden Gate. Was almost all the way done when I bite it in the S-turn.

Thanks for all the well wishes. Hope everyone stays safe!

Repsol a095
Thu Aug 15th, 2013, 08:02 PM
What bike were you on, Oddibe?

Oddibe
Thu Aug 15th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Red/Black GSXR 1000. Beautiful bike is no more... :-(