PDA

View Full Version : Sportbike/streetbike Bandimere ET Race this Friday July 12, 2013. Only $35 to race

Husky
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Sportbike Race at Bandimere this Friday July 12. Entry fee is only $35 and that includes two practice runs down the track. This is ET Bracket style racing so everyone has a equal chance at winning. Doesnt matter if you show up on a 250cc Ninja or a 1400cc ZX14. (This is not heads up racing)

(You do not have to be a experienced racer to have fun and win at these type of races)
Trophys awarded to Winner, Runner up and Semi Finalists.
Cash Payouts to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishes

Track opens at 3:30
Time runs start around 4:00
Racing starts around 7:00

Any additional info feel free to contact me direct at Chunkybeastracin@aol.com

Generic
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Just to verify, textile jackets with armor are not allowed for any speed bike correct? I ditched my armored leather coretech and realized now I can't ride.

Husky
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 10:44 AM
It will depend on how fast your bike is. Here is some basic track rules;

1. A Snell (2005 or newer) certified full coverage helmet with original face shield (no goggles permitted)
2 .Leather jacket or abrasion resistant SFI spec racing style jacket mandatory
3. Leather gloves with Kevlar lining or slide buttons on the palm/heel area required
4.Leather boots which cover the ankle area mandatory

If your bike is capable of times quicker than 10.99 (6.99 in 1/8th) you must install a lanyard and switch to cut off the ignition system should you become separated from the bike. Lanyard may be attached to OEM ignition cutoff switch.

If your bike is capable of exceeding 120 MPH in the 1/4 mile you must wear full leathers or two piece leathers that zip together at the waist.

If your bike runs 9.99 or quicker than you need to have a NHRA licsence, Physical etc.

Hope this helps

Generic
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 12:56 PM
It's a high 12 bike with a proper launch, I wore my coretech leather last time I went up and everything else was OK. I had looked at those rules, I just can seem to find clarification on the textile part. I'll dig into the specs more

Husky
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 01:19 PM
I think you will be ok with that but if you want to make sure you can contact a friend of mine "Sporty" who is actually John Bandimere. You can reach him via email sporty@bandimere.com or just call him 303-697-6001. If you decide to go up and need help with anything feel free to come by my pits, I'll be happy to help anyway I can.

Generic
Thu Jul 11th, 2013, 01:45 PM
In reading it seems like textile is pretty much out, but I'll give Sporty a call and try to get clarification. When we've chatted in the past he's alway sbeen very nice.

I appreciate the offer, Bandimere is not new to me, but dragging the bike definitely is.

Generic
Thu Aug 29th, 2013, 08:51 AM
I followed up with the guys doing tech inspections last night. Textile (not mesh) jackets are OK if they are full coverage and have armor. I saw a few guys running with them last night.

Husky
Thu Aug 29th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Come on up this weekend, Bandimere is hosting the ET Nationals and there will be plenty of race classes all three days. Fri/Sat/Sun