PDA

View Full Version : "Best" dealer in Colorado???

pg_rider
Tue Oct 4th, 2005, 10:07 PM
Hey all,

Wife and I ust moved here a few weeks ago. Picked up a used 2005 R1 for her, but I'll be looking for a 2006 CBR1000 in the Feb/Mar timeframe. Can anyone recommend a good dealer? I'm in C. Springs but willing to drive a bit (i.e. Denver/Boulder) for a smoking deal. I'm a bit spoiled as I used to live close to LA Cycle Sports where they sell new bikes for MSRP out the door. Hoping there's a place like that here as I really don't want to pay $11k+ for a bike! Let me know... :)

Cleveland
Tue Oct 4th, 2005, 10:27 PM
I know this guy who lives down off Federal and... oh wait. wrong dealer.

Butterfly
Tue Oct 4th, 2005, 10:35 PM
I know this guy who lives down off Federal and... oh wait. wrong dealer. :lol:

eaheer
Wed Oct 5th, 2005, 07:29 AM
I bought a bike from Fay Myers, and Excell Motorsports, and even a used bike sometime ago from Errics. They all have websites. The best deal and the BEST customer service was from Excell Motorsports off of Wadsworth, and I think??? Colfax.... If you take I25 north go west on 6th, and get off on Wads go north a couple lights just past RPM. Make a left, and you will see Excell. I know their in the phone book as well. They make killer deals, and they are very, very, friendly. Plus they give you great discounts for merchandise. They dont' have a lot of stuff in stock, but they can order just about anything. For parts accessories, I suggest Performance off of Broadway and Evans. Good luck on your purchase!

W1LL
Wed Oct 5th, 2005, 07:35 AM
you could try apex downtown on webber

CBRChick
Wed Oct 5th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Depending on how far you want to drive... I've bought all three of my bikes from Interstate Honda (www.interstatehonda.com) up in Fort Collins... the staff there is really nice and very informative... then again, there is Sun Enterprises (www.sunent.com) located at 8877 N. Washington St in Denver (close to Westminster).

rforsythe
Wed Oct 5th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Don't forget Twin Peaks! Great service, and they support this club.

Butterfly
Wed Oct 5th, 2005, 09:39 AM

I think we have been there and there only had maybe 6 sportbikes on the showroom...(I guess we are spoiled with selection at other dealers :dunno:)

Boy Scout
Wed Oct 5th, 2005, 12:01 PM
But they don't carry Honda...he's looking for a 2006 CBR1000. I bought my F4i from RPM Motorsport in Lakewood. I've been pleased with their service and support.

mikesf4i
Fri Oct 7th, 2005, 09:35 PM
I was quite happy with RPM also. I bought my f4i and two crf50s for the kids there.

NineTwoFour
Sat Oct 8th, 2005, 08:46 AM
I think we have been there and there only had maybe 6 sportbikes on the showroom...(I guess we are spoiled with selection at other dealers :dunno:)

Well, the times I had been there... they had about every sportbike offered by the brands they carry. It was WAY too much temptation for me. I think they were the only place I had gone to that had an '05 Gix 1k sitting on the showroom floor. Hell, when everyone on the R6 forums were bitching about how there were no more "Raven" '05s left in the country, they had one sitting on the floor.

Anyway... if you are going for a Honda. I've had both good and bad service at SUN. I think overall, I'd recommend them. If I were to buy a new KTM motard I'd probably go to SUN first. I used to LOVE Loveland Honda, but I think their customer service went to hell when they changed to Interstate Honda.

Lee
Sun Dec 11th, 2005, 08:55 AM
We live in Colorado Springs. There are 2 major dealerships in the Springs:
> Apex Sports
> RMCP (Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza)

These are 2 of the largest motorcycle dealerships in the Western United States. They service everything they sell and have HUGE inventories of motorcycles.

I've bought bikes, parts, accessories, and service from both dealerships. Both are pretty good places to be a customer. My favorite is RMCP.

If you need a reference for a mechanic, I would recommend Jeff Behmer at RMCP. He works on all of our bikes and his work is excellent.

In general, you will not be able to find discounted pricing on new motorcycles at either of these 2 dealerships, the reason being that they sell out of everything they have every year. With a market like this, they have no need to discount.

I have visited several motorcycle dealerships in the Denver area, including the Faye Meyers (spelling?) dealerships. I was not very impressed with them compared to our 2 big dealerships in Colorado Springs.

Lee

onepoorstunna
Sun Dec 11th, 2005, 11:41 AM
I thought Fay and Sun advertised themselves as the biggest respective dealerships in the States, let alone the Rocky Mountain west?

Lee
Sun Dec 11th, 2005, 12:56 PM
I thought Fay and Sun advertised themselves as the biggest respective dealerships in the States, let alone the Rocky Mountain west?

Maybe they do advertise themselves that way; I don't know.

Having visited Fay Myers and the dealerships here in Colorado Springs, I thought Fay Myers was rather small. I haven't visited Sun.

Lee

Mista Black
Sun Dec 11th, 2005, 12:58 PM
i have a CBR1000RR in the garage i'm willing to part with cheap... i can even try to get a title to it for ya (pickup will have to be during the day while my room mate is at work though) :P

Maybe they do advertise themselves that way; I don't know.

Having visited Fay Myers and the dealerships here in Colorado Springs, I thought Fay Myers was rather small. I haven't visited Sun.

Lee

Apex may appear bigger but they are #2 or #3 in the state. in volume i believe fay myers is a good bit bigger than anything in CS

onepoorstunna
Sun Dec 11th, 2005, 03:41 PM
I've been to Sun once or twice, the place sure SEEMS pretty huge, compared to what I'm used to. Fay Meyers seems pretty big as well, more brands, nice sales counter girls, I talked to a salesman about one of their KTM's and he seemed pretty reasonable, no heavy sales pressure or anything. Both places looked pretty big to me.

Dave
Sun Dec 11th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Having done a fair amount of business with Apex and RMCP, I totally agree with Lee about them. I also can vouch for Jeff Behmer- he’s seasoned mechanic whom I trust, and a skilled sportbike rider. Also once you make a major purchase from RMCP they give you an automatic discount price, about 10% off, on nearly every accessory, factory part, or piece of apparel you purchase from them in the future- indefinitely. Have fun shopping and I sure like your preference in bikes!

twissted
Thu Mar 23rd, 2006, 02:46 PM
> Apex Sports

These are 2 of the largest motorcycle dealerships in the Western United States. They service everything they sell and have HUGE inventories of motorcycles.

I've bought bikes, parts, accessories, and service from both dealerships. Both are pretty good places to be a customer. My favorite is RMCP.

If you need a reference for a mechanic, I would recommend Jeff Behmer at RMCP. He works on all of our bikes and his work is excellent.

In general, you will not be able to find discounted pricing on new motorcycles at either of these 2 dealerships, the reason being that they sell out of everything they have every year. With a market like this, they have no need to discount.

I have visited several motorcycle dealerships in the Denver area, including the Faye Meyers (spelling?) dealerships. I was not very impressed with them compared to our 2 big dealerships in Colorado Springs.

Lee

I have to disagree a little with you. I bought a new Hayabusa from Apex in late 04 and got it for 9400 out the door (Retail was 10,800). You can get a good deal, you just have to ask. At the time I was living in KC Kansas and was up here visiting when I bought that one and they were fantastic to work with!!! I would highly recommend Apex but I have not ever been to the other.

twissted
Thu Mar 23rd, 2006, 02:48 PM
OK so I cant read the dates of the post what can I say...I just wanted to get my post count up. :roll:

Lee
Thu Mar 23rd, 2006, 03:13 PM
There are so many good dealerships, maybe the advice given ought to be those dealerships to avoid.

Lee

R1chie
Thu Mar 23rd, 2006, 03:18 PM
> Apex Sports

Lee

I have to disagree a little with you. I bought a new Hayabusa from Apex in late 04 and got it for 9400 out the door (Retail was 10,800). You can get a good deal, you just have to ask. At the time I was living in KC Kansas and was up here visiting when I bought that one and they were fantastic to work with!!! I would highly recommend Apex but I have not ever been to the other.

I would have to disagree a little with you. I believe Apex and RM will sell you a bike for less if it is something they need to move. But if you try to deal on the new stuff, they won't do it. Apex has lost 11 bike purchases from me in the last 8 years. They would not discount the price. I drove to Denver and got great pricing. The reason I think Apex does so well is because we are a HUGE military town. I think some of the military guys are not wise to driving to Denver to get a good deal on a bike. Apex and RM know this and usually charge full retail plus setup. I think that is why they sell so many bikes. So I may agree the are the "best" sellers of bikes, they are not the "best" deal for bikes. I am not saying all Denver dealers on good either, there are some selling bikes for more than retail but no matter where you are in the US it is always a good idea to shop in a big city. Always shop around outside your local area :)