PDA

View Full Version : Dont ruin it for the rest of us!

cbirchem0724
Thu Jul 18th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Today I got off work a little early and decided to head home for a quick power nap. I got home about 4:30 laid down and was out. I woke up about 7PM and decide to gear up and ride up the street to the McDonalds and grab some food. I was ordering my food then i hear from behind me "Can i see some ID" I turn around to find 6 police officers standing in all of the door ways with their cars surrounding my bike outside. The officer says "you thought you could get away from me huh" I said WTF are you talking about. They said someone with my exact bike "2006 yellow yamaha r1" and the same gear as me had just ran from them on santa-fe at 5:15 they also said my plates match but are off 1 number. One of the officers says "I am taking you to jail right now for lieing to me". By this point i was in panic mode thinking i am fucked. the officer says "please come outside". I keep telling them to pull their dash footage or pull the traffic camera footage and they will clearly see that it is not me. One of the officers keeps saying "take the ticket for riding up the middle of the road or we are going to hit you with every charge in the book and you are going to jail and you will never drive again". This harrasment continues on for 30 minutes!! I keep telling them no no no i did nothing wrong please check the cameras I was at home asleep during the time this happened. One of the officers says "we dont have dash cams" (I CALL BULLSHIT).. Anyway, they tell me to go sit on the curb. Im sitting there for about two minutes when i see the offers heading toward their SUV. Im thinking they are going to try and pull some camera footage or radio in to have someone at the station do it.. The officer hops in his car and closes the door. Two seconds later the car starts and all 5 units litterely just drive away without saying anything to me.

WTF just happened lol.. This is what happens when people run for the police on their bikes. It has negative effects on other people as well. Bottom line is pull over for the police dont run.. it makes US as a sport bike community look bad.

Chad

Snazzy
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Wow. That is a giant butt rape situation! Really sucks! At least nothing happened, sad they didn't have the guts to go apologize to you.

cbirchem0724
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 12:58 AM
I am still unsure why they left without saying anything. I guess since i wouldnt admit to anything i didnt do they just gave up and left

AOK303
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 02:09 AM
I would of been asking who is the SGT on duty and call 911 while your in front of them claiming 5 people dressed as cops just ran up on you
which is legal and they have to tell you who the sgt is on duty and call him to the scene if you request. and since your in Colorado you could start to record it

you should of gotten the plate number call it in file harassment and there are about 3 other things you could file

TFOGGuys
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Police in Colorado are required to give you a business card any time they contact you, unless they issue a citation(which will have their name and badge number). What department were they from?

bulldog
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 07:49 AM
My bet is they got a call and found the the real offender and were too embarrassed (or not respectful enough) to admit they were wrong!

At least you didn't get falsely charged. I had this happen to me in Deckers once and a cop swore it was me that ran from him a week earlier....a silver/black F4I (imagine how rare those are...stupid). Made me have a mandatory court appearance in Central City and as much as I plead with the judge that they had the wrong person they did not believe me and threw the book at me.

mxer
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Chickenshits didn't even have the balls to apologize?

It wasn't suspicious someone who is running from the cops would be calmly ordering food a McDonalds?

bulldog
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 08:08 AM
These cops seriously need to figure out that most sportbikes look very similar and there are hundreds of the same type on the road. Like for me the silver/black F4I was the # one selling bike that year and I still see tons of them on the road. It is not like cars where we have hundreds of choices and brands to choose from and most people keep the stock paint/decals because we know we will probably lay it down at some point and not worth customizing the paint to be unique.

As for the plate...wtf...one number off. Did they think you went home and quickly changed one number on a plate with your state issued license plate maker :lol: And even so would someone do that and change one number only!

JKOL
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 08:27 AM
That is so messed up, I would be irate. I know we have some officers on this board, and they are great people, but police in general have a major PR and image problem. It isn't going to get better until they make some serious changes.

The question is, are these all isolated incidents, or are these things that have been going on for decades, but now we are finally hearing about these kinds of incidents because of how easy it is to spread the word through the internet and social media? How many videos and 1st hand accounts regarding abuse of power, shooting dogs for no reason, or shooting 2 women in a pickup because their truck slightly resembles a cop killers truck (look up Chris Dorner if you don't get this reference) do we need to see before police realize their image has taken a major hit? I can honestly say my level of trust is at an all time low.

It no longer seems like a PROTECT & SERVE mentality, but more like a us vs them and if you aren't actually guilty of anything like in cbirchem's case, "I am going to ticket/charge/arrest you anyway because you probably did something illegal in the past you never got caught for."

I hope my impression is way off and I am overreacting, but there just seems like far too much evidence proving my feeling.

EXAMPLE: 60 car chase with 104 officers involved
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/11/cleveland-police-punish-12-officers-in-deadly-chase-that-ended-in-137-rounds/#ixzz2Vwcegyeh

At least in this case some action is being taken to punish all involved. I realize the 2 dead people weren't saints, and maybe if they did have a gun they tossed it during the chase, but 137 shots were fired. Overkill much? I am sure every round was dead on target and didn't put anyone bystanders in the area at risk.

~Barn~
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 08:34 AM
http://i.imgur.com/PmMGcp2.jpg

Nick_Ninja
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 08:57 AM
<snip>but are off 1 number<snip>

/thread

I`m Batman
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 09:02 AM
^^^
"Cool Starry Bra"
I see what you did there...
lol :lol:

j0ker
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 09:19 AM
FTP; Fuck THOSE police?

They probably got the guy somewhere else and have no balls to apologize to you for being ass-cocks and wrong.

Jmetz
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 09:40 AM
There should be a record of the contact with dispatch. I would contact that department and file a complaint.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 09:47 AM
FTP; Fuck THOSE police?

They probably got the guy somewhere else and have no balls to apologize to you for being ass-cocks and wrong.

Cops are never wrong... Thats why they just peaced out. No point in apologizing when you didnt even do anything wrong in the first place

Generic
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 09:55 AM
There should be a record of the contact with dispatch. I would contact that department and file a complaint.

This

Rabbie303
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 10:23 AM
While waiting for Aaron to chime in on this one.......

That is complete BS! Glad you kept your cool and didn't do anything crazy to give them reason to cuff you. Such crap you had to deal with that man.

j0ker
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 10:29 AM
One time I was driving home from work when I was stopped by cops and held for something I did not do. I was 15 and the cops cuffed me and put me in the front of a car for 2+ hours while they took turns "questioning me". One of the cops eventually struck me several times in the face (I presume to make me confess) while I was cuffed (AND 15). I was finally released. This is one of the encounters I have had that have soured me on LEO's and people in positions of power and control to this day.

sag
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 11:19 AM
I've been contacted a dozen times without a business card. Never had much of a problem though cept for one time when a guy blew by my group in horsetooth and ran from an officer ahead of us who then pulled my goup over and hassled us about who the rando rider was and what kind of bike he was on

Zanatos
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Hold on a minute. Since when did two and a half hours become a "quick power nap"?

cbirchem0724
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Chickenshits didn't even have the balls to apologize?

It wasn't suspicious someone who is running from the cops would be calmly ordering food a McDonalds?

There was 6-7 officers on scene and I really only want an apology from one. There was an older officer that keeps saying "he is a fucking liar take him to jail"

cbirchem0724
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Hold on a minute. Since when did two and a half hours become a "quick power nap"?

I intended it to be a power nap. Just ended up being a little longer than I had intended.

bulldog
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 12:58 PM
File a complaint man!!! Innocent till proven guilty..yeah right!!!

cbirchem0724
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 12:59 PM
I dug around this morning to try and locate the plates that were on the bike when I bought it.

Well the plates are off by one number. And one letter. So I'm guessing that they must issue certain plate numbers based on what type of bike maybe?

~Barn~
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 01:33 PM
You're lucky you don't live in Florida. If this would have gone down out there you would have either...

A.) Been shot and killed (and likely kicked a few times afterwards)
or B.) Been awaiting the start of your 11 year sentence

[/Silver Lining]

mdub
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 01:49 PM
There was 6-7 officers on scene and I really only want an apology from one. There was an older officer that keeps saying "he is a fucking liar take him to jail"

those morons are not officers , more like typical pigs of the so called law they are trying to uphold in their moronic state. any decent police officers would have apologize and bought you an adult happy meal. Definite harassment. File a complaint for sure...But again who knows if that will do anything...gotta love the system.

cbirchem0724
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Police in Colorado are required to give you a business card any time they contact you, unless they issue a citation(which will have their name and badge number). What department were they from?

Arapahoe county, there was 5-6 suv's there

#1Townie
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Is it me or does this whole story scream look at me I'm new and want to fit in?

mdub
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 02:32 PM

whoa when did you get outta Ely State Prison ???

#1Townie
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Yesterday. DNA proved it wasn't me.

mdub
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 02:48 PM
so the fecal matter did not match....awesome.

#1Townie
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Yeah they found some blood in it from the gangbang. Free my people!!!

mdub
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 02:54 PM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa21/sandysage/Marys%20pics/ef08.jpg

#1Townie
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Its not gay if you don't make eye contact.

cbirchem0724
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 05:29 PM

Yeah.... :facepalm:

#1Townie
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Yeah face palm your self buddy. The moment you said you got fully geared up to go to McDonald's it was over. No one talks about getting geared up. Like if I was telling a story about a ride I don't start with well I slept all afternoon to gear up to go get a burger. That just shows how newb you really are. Its why you got the cool story bro pic. They are just nicer than me.

cbirchem0724
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Yeah face palm your self buddy. The moment you said you got fully geared up to go to McDonald's it was over. No one talks about getting geared up. Like if I was telling a story about a ride I don't start with well I slept all afternoon to gear up to go get a burger. That just shows how newb you really are. Its why you got the cool story bro pic. They are just nicer than me.

Ur an idiot, my bad for putting my gear on to go two miles. Next time ill wear flip flops and shorts like you do you squid bastard. Probably have a blowout hair cut too eh dude

~Barn~
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 06:35 PM

Ur an idiot <Snip...>

:spit:

This feels like a setup. Do you two know one another?

cbirchem0724
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 06:41 PM
:spit:

This feels like a setup. Do you two know one another?

nahh he is just another Internet tough guy trying to bully the "noob". Probably giving his frat buddies raspberries as we speak. Wearing his golfing visor upside down and backwards. I am the "noob" and my bad for putting my gear on to "get a burger". I came here with intensions to be a contributing member in a welcoming environment designed for sport bike riders to meet others have fun and learn from one another. Maybe I'm in the wrong place?

3point5
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 07:26 PM
I am still unsure why they left without saying anything.

because they were wrong and didnt want to admit it…but, yeah, I would never 'run' from the police but I rarely break traffic laws to start…(key word being rarely)

mdub
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Ur in the place man. We all fuck with each other .

#1Townie
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Ur an idiot, my bad for putting my gear on to go two miles. Next time ill wear flip flops and shorts like you do you squid bastard. Probably have a blowout hair cut too eh dude

I'm not giving you shit about wearing gear. I could actually care less what you wear. I'm giving you shit for having to mention it like we are going to praise you for it. And yeah I'm an internet tough guy. You should see my resume. Blaahahaha.

But I am fucking with you newb.

cbirchem0724
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 07:43 PM
I'm giving you shit for having to mention it like we are going to praise you for it

I wasn't trying to get praise for it. I was just trying to give y'all the mental picture of me undressing and then dressing again. That is all

#1Townie
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Oh??? You going to post a detailed post about getting naked?? That could be hot!!

cbirchem0724
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Fuck it.. Next time I'm posting pictures

on a side note who do I contact to help get the picture posting and avatar issue resolved? I work on SQL databases for a living and I am pretty sure I know what the problem is.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Naw man... Just grow a pair and learn who the shitheads are. Its not hard to see who on here contributes nothing but always has something to say.

mdub
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Stfu Ezzzzzy. You crazee ... You know this is the most amusing way to stay in touch.

moep
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 08:26 PM
The same thing happened to me in my VR4. The difference was, they thought I was a pimp and my wife was a prostitute. I missed my own going away party because they kept me there so long.

#1Townie
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Fuck it.. Next time I'm posting pictures

on a side note who do I contact to help get the picture posting and avatar issue resolved? I work on SQL databases for a living and I am pretty sure I know what the problem is.

Hell yeah!!! Photos rule. Lol

mdub
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 08:42 PM
I can picture it. Haha. Taking pics at the cops during the harassment. Would be the quickest way to get the camera broken. Or if you can find a micro camera you can place near the neck collar.

#1Townie
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Where's grim and his gopro when we need it. Lol

cbirchem0724
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 09:00 PM
I can picture it. Haha. Taking pics at the cops during the harassment. Would be the quickest way to get the camera broken. Or if you can find a micro camera you can place near the neck collar.
Not sure if anyone has heard of a website called woot.com but they have like red light deals that last about ten minutes where they take a product and mark it 90% off. Anyway yesterday they had new fully loaded gopro with all the various mounts for $40 (originally $400). Soooo I'm just waiting for mine in the mail:) A buddy of mine got a 50inch LED smart tv on there for $350

Aaron
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 09:31 PM
This story sounds like complete bullshit, or at the very least a gross exaggeration, but nonetheless...

I would of been asking who is the SGT on duty and call 911 while your in front of them claiming 5 people dressed as cops just ran up on you
which is legal and they have to tell you who the sgt is on duty and call him to the scene if you request. and since your in Colorado you could start to record it

you should of gotten the plate number call it in file harassment and there are about 3 other things you could file
The Officers do not have to call a Sergeant to the scene just because you request, that's their discretion or a policy mandate (Mine said nothing of the sort). They don't even have to identify him if they don't want to. You can record it in any of the 50 states, unless it's interfering with them or putting yourself in danger, it being in Colorado has nothing to do with it. File harassment? As in how? Even from his biased story the Officers had reasonable suspicion for the contact/detention, and it does not make a difference how many Officers show up, unless they stand/position/act in a way that'd make a reasonable person feel under arrest.

Not quite, it depends on what the contact is for, but in this case, if it did happen how he said, they would be.

As for the plate...wtf...one number off. Did they think you went home and quickly changed one number on a plate with your state issued license plate maker :lol: And even so would someone do that and change one number only!
One number off would lead me to believe the plate was the same that was seen. It is extremely common to be given plates that are a number/letter off. Anytime I was given a plate that returned to something different than the car described, I'd change around similar letters and look for a possible. Found quite a few hit/runs that way. 185YJH looks very close to 185VJH in CO's font.

Grim2.0
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 09:47 PM
I read this story to my daughter for bedtime.....didn't last very long before she was passed out...thanks for the read.

Chief Stinky
Fri Jul 19th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Welcome, noob, I hope you didn't shower until the nurses got their rape kit samples. Again, welcome!

j0ker
Sat Jul 20th, 2013, 09:22 AM
The same thing happened to me in my VR4. The difference was, they thought I was a pimp and my wife was a prostitute. I missed my own going away party because they kept me there so long.

Moe?? Going away party? Pimp and Ho?! There must be mawr to this story!

moep
Sat Jul 20th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Moe?? Going away party? Pimp and Ho?! There must be mawr to this story!

Remind me and I will tell you the whole story next time we meet.

salsashark
Sun Jul 21st, 2013, 09:17 AM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-WXXnOsW0rZY/S6KUMnzU4MI/AAAAAAAAL_8/2t9PwvcmsOA/s320/simpsons.gif

Ahhh... good ole' CSC

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Jul 21st, 2013, 07:59 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-WXXnOsW0rZY/S6KUMnzU4MI/AAAAAAAAL_8/2t9PwvcmsOA/s320/simpsons.gif

Ahhh... good ole' CSC

fu'n perfect gif salsa