PDA

View Full Version : Stolen CBR1000rr 06

thankgod
Fri Jul 26th, 2013, 12:07 PM
My 06 CBR 1000RR was stolen sometime during this week from my storage unit on 93rd and Sheridan. It's Blue/ Yellow, has an Jardine rt1 slip on, blue Puig windscreen and an awesome Marco Simoncelli sticker on the Tail right behind the rear seat. The bikes probably at the chop shop right now but I figured I've give this a shot! Thanks. Plate is: 108 VMO

Matty
Fri Jul 26th, 2013, 12:12 PM
that fucken sux........

mdub
Fri Jul 26th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Los ladrones deben morir

niko303
Fri Jul 26th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Thats horrible...people who resort to stealing something they didnt earn is the worst in my book.I will keep a eye out...

Grim2.0
Fri Jul 26th, 2013, 02:04 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/irishrussianpunk001/383864_413298878728497_1330577975_n_zpsbf7c5d7e.jp g (http://s61.photobucket.com/user/irishrussianpunk/media/irishrussianpunk001/383864_413298878728497_1330577975_n_zpsbf7c5d7e.jp g.html)
RIP

thankgod
Fri Jul 26th, 2013, 02:54 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/irishrussianpunk001/383864_413298878728497_1330577975_n_zpsbf7c5d7e.jp g (http://s61.photobucket.com/user/irishrussianpunk/media/irishrussianpunk001/383864_413298878728497_1330577975_n_zpsbf7c5d7e.jp g.html)
RIP

Thanks for posting a pic grim.

Grim2.0
Fri Jul 26th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Thanks for posting a pic grim.

NP

GMR
Fri Jul 26th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Shiiiit! Oh no! Was it locked up in storage or open space vehicle storage? Makes me nervous I have a bike in the area and I feel like it's pretty damn safe but this makes me nervous

thankgod
Fri Jul 26th, 2013, 09:35 PM
It was in a storage unit at the Vantage at Hyland hills apartment complex... they pulled the emergency lock out witch released some latch and pulled the storage door right open....its fucking weird....be cautious...I have full coverage so im not too worried. ..but I was talking to the maintenance guy today and he told me that a couple of bikes had been vandalized within the past month. So it might be some fuckhead who dont like rockets. Either way. its fucked up.

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Sat Jul 27th, 2013, 08:50 AM
I've actually seen how that was done on a break-in..simple way to eliminate the threat is to remove the pull cord handle or cord intself. They carry a cordless drill and drill a 1 inch hole in the door and fish with a coat hanger to grab the cord. Helps to cable lock it in the garage still too and put an anchor into the wall.
I know ...if they realy want to get it..they will, just try to make it harder for them.

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Sat Jul 27th, 2013, 08:55 AM
I've also had theifs break into my warehouse by dropping thru the ceiling and lowering themselfs into the unit by going up in another unit by mine and crawling across the rafters. Now the place locks down every unit weither occupied or not. So if your garage is in a row of garages, just another way for them to get in..that's why the cable lock helps too.
Bear traps on the floor around your bike might help too...just saying..

Generic
Fri Aug 2nd, 2013, 09:04 AM
Single can with dual exits correct? Not a bright silver can with two small black tips (sorry for the horrible photo, it was dark, I was driving and he was watching)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-PnyPgTKYl0w/UfvKZN8wWxI/AAAAAAAAB98/b_PgZAcfnmc/w1111-h833-no/photo.JPG

thankgod
Sat Aug 3rd, 2013, 09:58 AM
Single can with dual exits correct? Not a bright silver can with two small black tips (sorry for the horrible photo, it was dark, I was driving and he was watching)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-PnyPgTKYl0w/UfvKZN8wWxI/AAAAAAAAB98/b_PgZAcfnmc/w1111-h833-no/photo.JPG

That's not the can I had her, but thanks for being vigilant. What part of town was this photo taken?

JKOL
Sat Aug 3rd, 2013, 11:58 AM
Thought I spotted your bike in the parking garage at Cherry Creek mall, but i dont think it was it. Unless he switched the exhaust for a Carbon Yoshimura and a black windscreen and also removed the simoncelli sticker.

A portion of the vin might help in these stolen bike threads since it wouldn't be impossible to change the plate, slip on exhaust, and make other slight changes so it wouldn't be easily identifiable without a piece of vin.

thankgod
Sat Aug 3rd, 2013, 12:16 PM
Thought I spotted your bike in the parking garage at Cherry Creek mall, but i dont think it was it. Unless he switched the exhaust for a Carbon Yoshimura and a black windscreen and also removed the simoncelli sticker.

A portion of the vin might help in these stolen bike threads since it wouldn't be impossible to change the plate, slip on exhaust, and make other slight changes so it wouldn't be easily identifiable without a piece of vin.

JH2sc5701

WolFeYeZ
Sat Aug 3rd, 2013, 12:26 PM

I bet it wad AOK

tecknojoe
Sat Aug 3rd, 2013, 08:05 PM
This sucks man. Collect that insurance money and lets get something awesome to replace it

#1Townie
Sat Aug 3rd, 2013, 08:29 PM

Last six are the ones you want to have.

Generic
Sat Aug 3rd, 2013, 10:27 PM
That pic I took was at Sheridan and Jewell, 8:30 Thursday night.

I'll keep watching around here

AOK303
Sat Aug 3rd, 2013, 10:48 PM
I bet it wad AOK

Yup i park right up front by a camera in CC Mall, I saw a twin yesterday but it was going other way and i was in my Car around 44 and wads thursday

AOK303
Sat Aug 3rd, 2013, 10:49 PM

Yeah that was Me at the mall. if you look his has a tire strip and diff muffler, Mine has Gold chain, Black shifter/brake levers
And i wouldn't steal my buddy's bike, ill keep an eye out for it did you fix all the damage i know i only sold you that Nose piece

Moose73
Sun Aug 4th, 2013, 03:10 AM
Sorry to here about your bike. I know the felling my 2002 GSXR was stolen in 2005.
I live in Arvada and do a lot of work in the apartments around there ill keep an eye out for sure.

Racz
Wed Aug 7th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Fuck man sorry to hear that

thankgod
Sun Aug 11th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Bike has been recovered by Englewood PD.

#1Townie
Sun Aug 11th, 2013, 12:37 PM
What kind of shape is it in?

thankgod
Sun Aug 11th, 2013, 01:18 PM
The officer said it looked fine...im picking her up tomorrow from the towing company, ill keep yall, posted. THANKS to everyone on the forum for your concern!!! ^^

#1Townie
Sun Aug 11th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Hey a bit of good news. Happy for ya bud.

thankgod
Sun Aug 11th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Thanks dude!

Half LLive
Sun Aug 11th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Awesome. Even better they found it in one piece it sounds like.

AOK303
Sun Aug 11th, 2013, 04:16 PM
i still have the side fairings bad enough both have almost no damage if yours did get damage

mdub
Sun Aug 11th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Grt to have read you are gettin ur bike back.

thankgod
Sun Aug 11th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Thanks guys! I can't wait to see my baby!

thankgod
Sun Aug 11th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Thanks Erok!

Generic
Mon Aug 12th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Any word on how they found it?

thankgod
Mon Aug 12th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Any word on how they found it?

An officer was on patrol 8/11 around noon when he saw the bike in front of 2990 South Grant St, suspect is Michael J Depalma, in between two cars, he ran the plates Lic 561-YRE 2013 CO and they did not match mine,(108-VMO 2014 CO...my plate was stolen) I picked up the bike this morning and she's been stripped of most all the decals on fairings, HID's are gone, she's scratched here and there. Rotors are damaged, and the tires are toast! they rigged up some bolts to hold the front axel in place since i had the tire off getting ready to put new rubber on before they took the motorcycle. I brought my spare key and she started up right away. As far as the culprits: no arrests have been made. I'm investing in snipers to watch my storage unit!!!:sniper:I would like to thank Englewood PD for staying on top of things and returning my bike after two weeks of stressing about it! The Police kept a pair of Yellow Riding glasses and the 561-YRE plate as evidence. I'm planning to have Jim from TFOG look at her for an estimate on repairs. I'm just glad to be reunited with my baby! But I'm worried that someone will try to come back for her!!!:shocked:

JKOL
Mon Aug 12th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Bored at work, so I googled the name. There is a Michael J Depalma listed on the AMA website with a few motocross race results living in Boulder. There is also a Mike Depalma on Facebook living in Boulder showing plenty of pics racing sleds and riding motorcycles. Might be a different guy, but he definitely has a punch me face.

Generic
Mon Aug 12th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Bored at work, so I googled the name. There is a Michael J Depalma listed on the AMA website with a few motocross race results living in Boulder. There is also a Mike Depalma on Facebook living in Boulder showing plenty of pics racing sleds and riding motorcycles. Might be a different guy, but he definitely has a punch me face.

Interesting, he is friends with a HS friend of mine on the FB (follow that?)

JKOL
Mon Aug 12th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Interesting, he is friends with a HS friend of mine on the FB (follow that?)

I cracked the case. Based on the theory of 6 degrees of separation, I can link Generic to the theft of Thankgod's bike. Police are on the way. :D

thankgod
Mon Aug 12th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Police report says he's a white male with a DOB of 09/16/82.

Generic
Mon Aug 12th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Well now I want to add him on FB on the chance it is him to see if there's any posts about it.

JKOL
Mon Aug 12th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Police report says he's a white male with a DOB of 09/16/82.

The guy I found on FB is definitely white and easily looks close to that DOB.

thankgod
Mon Aug 12th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Spoke with the officer....Depalma was the "reporting party". Still very strange to me though, he could have info on who took my motorcycle.

Generic
Mon Aug 12th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Spoke with the officer....Depalma was the "reporting party". Still very strange to me though, he could have info on who took my motorcycle.

Could be on here and saw it? Or maybe someone mentioned it to him? Got the bike back and it sounds like the police are looking into everything so I say we let them do their thing.

thankgod
Mon Aug 12th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Its probably not the guy...im not jumping to any conclusions. PD can do what we pay them for, same with the insurance company. ^^

~Barn~
Mon Aug 12th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Happy to hear that your bike was recovered.

Snazzy
Mon Aug 12th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Glad they found it! I saw the same looking bike in the mountains the other day, was about to post about it but glad that wasn't her!

AOK303
Mon Aug 12th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Glad they found it! I saw the same looking bike in the mountains the other day, was about to post about it but glad that wasn't her!

stop fallowing me

Snazzy
Mon Aug 12th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Did some weirdo on a green bike wave awkwardly at you? if so that was me lol

AOK303
Tue Aug 13th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Lol it was not me but during this time i was spotted multi times by others lol
I know richard we have twin bikes well now his will look a bit diff

MilkMan
Tue Aug 20th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Sorry to hear about the ride Rich. This shit sucks to go through. Such a bummer man.
-Mick-

Slo
Wed Aug 21st, 2013, 08:59 AM
Good to hear the bike was recovered, hopefully insurance will payout for everything that is damaged even in the slightest bit.

How you been man?

thankgod
Sun Sep 1st, 2013, 12:47 AM
Jay, Mick, and Eric...thanks for the love...everything is wonderful. Insurance paid the bike off, and I've got a new set of Q2's. :P Hopefully someone post's a good ride before summer is gone!!!! Ohhh by the by...they found another stolen bike with MY old plates on it...maybe they will catch this criminal soon!!! Been wanting to race but can't afford it... same ol same ol... :D we need to catch up!

Forcefed777
Thu Sep 5th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Hey guys I recently joined and was reading this thread and felt I should post because my SV1000s was stolen out of my garage about a week ago while I was out of town for work. I received a call Englewood PD has my bike and person stopped and wanted to know if anyone should be riding the bike. To get straight to the point I was lucky they got caught just hours after taking my bike , it was impounded and the passenger was arrested while the driver ran on foot from what I understand. I plan to obtain a copy of the police report to be certain , however the bike was mostly undamaged other than the ignition lock being punched out, gas cap lock and minor scratches.

They did get away with my HJC CL16 ( size small , black w/ mirror visor * and SIDI sticker on back of helmet. Also my Garmin gps and black short riding gloves.

Overall small price to pay considering could have been alot worse but I'm now curious if these thefts could be related in anyway. At least one person was arrested.

Generic
Thu Sep 5th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Hey guys I recently joined and was reading this thread and felt I should post because my SV1000s was stolen out of my garage about a week ago while I was out of town for work. I received a call Englewood PD has my bike and person stopped and wanted to know if anyone should be riding the bike. To get straight to the point I was lucky they got caught just hours after taking my bike , it was impounded and the passenger was arrested while the driver ran on foot from what I understand. I plan to obtain a copy of the police report to be certain , however the bike was mostly undamaged other than the ignition lock being punched out, gas cap lock and minor scratches.

They did get away with my HJC CL16 ( size small , black w/ mirror visor * and SIDI sticker on back of helmet. Also my Garmin gps and black short riding gloves.

Overall small price to pay considering could have been alot worse but I'm now curious if these thefts could be related in anyway. At least one person was arrested.

What part of town?

And, what are you running that's force fed?

One-ops
Thu Sep 5th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Welcome ! and sucks to hear about the bike at least its not to bad.

Forcefed777
Sun Sep 8th, 2013, 10:50 PM
What part of town?

And, what are you running that's force fed?

It was Littleton side of town and my user name I've had for many years. Currently nothing in the stable turbo or S/C right now.

Thanks for the welcome One-ops.