PDA

View Full Version : Titling a grey market 2 stroke in Colorado

67lotus49
Thu Aug 1st, 2013, 07:26 PM
I just joined this forum and plan on moving from Ca. to Colorado within the next year. I grew up on the east coast and never liked it here in Ca. other that the weather.
For the last 2 years I have searched for a Ca. titled Suzuki RGV250 91-95 and all seem to have titles that state the bike as a 70's bike to slip through the DMV sometimes.
I always have to have at least one 2-stroke in the garage and wonder if it would be any easier in titling a RGV250 in Colorado. Since they where never sold here they of
course don't have the fedral compliance stiker and a vin that is less than 17 digit's. Anybody here imported a grey market bike from overseas to Colorado?
Would it be easier to title a bike that already has a title from another state? I know that some people are using Vermont to title bikes and than transfer to there state.

Thanks for any help, Ron

BushyAR15
Thu Aug 1st, 2013, 07:50 PM
Do a search in the for sale section, Motorcycle Related, for NSR250 or NS250... There is a guy who lives in Nederland selling an NS and I know its titled in CO as I went up to look at it.. He might be able to help you...

FZRguy
Fri Aug 2nd, 2013, 12:59 AM
That would be edj on this forum. Been meaning to stop by too to check out his two-smokes.