PDA

View Full Version : Chilling in the blind spot

kawasakirob
Fri Aug 9th, 2013, 06:51 PM
I was in my car at a stoplight and noticed a Hoda rebel get behind me. Behind him was a CBR250. 2 newbs. The lane we were in was a single lane. After the light we had a short distance to another light but with 3 lanes now. The left and middle lanes were for turning and the right for going straight.

The light turned green and I needed to get over to the right. In my rear view I didn't see any bikes. I looked over my shoulder and there the rebel was...chilling a little forward of my rear passenger side wheel. The CBR on the other side in the same spot. Needless to say I spotted him and slowed down so he could go past before I got over.

Watch the blind spots when riding. Learn to avoid them. If you can't see peeps in the vehicles mirror you are in the blind spot. Move out of it. Give it some room....it's a lot better than getting run over.

kawasakirob
Fri Aug 9th, 2013, 06:54 PM
The description kind of sucks, but it was the perfect scenario for an accident.

GMR
Sat Aug 10th, 2013, 06:18 AM
i got a speeding ticket on my ninja by accelerating out ahead of cars so I wouldn't be in anybodys blind spot :x was just on my way to wing night too, maybe a 2-3 mile drive