PDA

View Full Version : New Rider Coaching SUNDAY 8-25-13

asp_125
Wed Aug 14th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Is there any more interest in a new rider coaching session for the end of August? I've noticed it dropped off everyone's radar as the riding season progressed.

Changing location for this one. Boulder County. Again, this is for newish riders and especially someone uncomfortable with the twisties. At this point in the season I would consider someone who just started riding this spring.

I am comfortable with a class size of about 5 riders, unless I can round up some experienced riders to help.

Generic
Wed Aug 14th, 2013, 04:50 PM
I'd love some lessons, I know I'm not fast through the corners at all. That said, if someone less experienced wants a place, I'm willing to back out as I do feel comfortable on the bike and in the turns at least.

Drama2
Wed Aug 14th, 2013, 04:58 PM
I would interested...is there a fee, what will it be about, can I get a private email with more details.

asp_125
Wed Aug 14th, 2013, 05:51 PM
It's FREE! Ok maybe you owe me a coffee or I've been known to accept Klondike Bars. ;)

Here is the background from the last one. http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?49907-New-Rider-Coaching-(session-2)-4-7-13&p=726389&viewfull=1#post726389

Dasaxman6
Wed Aug 14th, 2013, 05:53 PM
I would be very interested in this! Let me know if it starts to get solidified so I can make sure the boss is happy.

Drama2
Wed Aug 14th, 2013, 07:00 PM
I am in. Thank you. The 25th is Sunday, so the 24th Saturday or sunday the 25th.

jlr
Wed Aug 14th, 2013, 07:32 PM
I'm interested - either Sat 24th or Sun 25th could work.

asp_125
Wed Aug 14th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Oops calendar fail. SUNDAY that's SUNDAY the 25th. Saturday I'm at HPR.

asp_125
Thu Aug 15th, 2013, 11:18 AM
We're at 4 now, I can take a couple more. PMs will be going out by the weekend to participants. If you are in this thread so far you are penciled in. Let me know if you drop out so others can join.

Subaru2Yamaha
Thu Aug 15th, 2013, 05:33 PM
I will take a spot if there is one still available.

asp_125
Sun Aug 18th, 2013, 04:23 PM
I'm going to cap participation now - Subaru2Yamaha is the last one unless someone drops out.

PMs going out.

Drama2
Sun Aug 18th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Yippppee

WolFeYeZ
Sun Aug 18th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Can I get on the wait list? :(

asp_125
Sun Aug 18th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Can I get on the wait list? :(

Are you crashing? ;)

WolFeYeZ
Sun Aug 18th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Are you crashing? ;)

Doing so too often. Need help!

CaneZach
Mon Aug 19th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Jeff, I'll help you on the next one you put together. My arm is in a cast or I'd help with this one.

asp_125
Mon Aug 19th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Doing so too often. Need help!

Needs moar duct tape!

tecknojoe
Mon Aug 19th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Needs moar duct tape!

Then I'm going to start buying stock in Stotch

Generic
Mon Aug 19th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Thanks for putting this together.

Mschrismac
Mon Aug 19th, 2013, 09:38 PM
I'm new to Colorado and new to this forum. Wish I had joined sooner to be part of this session coming up. I did track days when I lived in Virginia at Summit Point - Shenandoah track in WV but I'm still a new "Intermediate" rider on the track. I live in Stapleton and haven't been able to find other riders on this side of Denver. Any advice on what groups to join and ride with?

Generic
Tue Aug 20th, 2013, 08:24 AM
I'm new to Colorado and new to this forum. Wish I had joined sooner to be part of this session coming up. I did track days when I lived in Virginia at Summit Point - Shenandoah track in WV but I'm still a new "Intermediate" rider on the track. I live in Stapleton and haven't been able to find other riders on this side of Denver. Any advice on what groups to join and ride with?

Everyone on the board is kinda spread around, most of the rides happen on the West side of down, because frankly that's where the best riding is. I'm sure there are some people over in your area also. Post up on the New Members Intro thread (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?19477-New-Members-Introduce-yourselves-here&highlight=new+members)

asp_125
Tue Aug 20th, 2013, 08:38 AM

Well if you're an intermediate track rider you might also want to check out the lapping days at HPR.

tecknojoe
Tue Aug 20th, 2013, 09:04 AM
I used to ride summit main. Too much concrete on shenny for my liking. Come check out HPR some time, it's a really sick track, without all the maintenance problems of Slummit point

Slo
Wed Aug 21st, 2013, 09:14 AM

PM sent... You live pretty close to me.

Subaru2Yamaha
Sun Aug 25th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Thank you very much Jeff!!!! I appreciate you taking time out of your day to teach us. It was very fun riding with you all, hope you all made it home safe!

Drama2
Sun Aug 25th, 2013, 06:12 PM
I had a blast, Jeff I really learned a lot and the lightbulbs started to go off, and I will keep my head straight. Or I can use my example, I understand now how the vacuum works besides just turning it on. Hehe. Look forward to the next big ride for the little reunion you talked about.

Kerry

RPMWFO
Sun Aug 25th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Thanks Jeff for providing the class! I appreciate you letting me tag along. Great material and instruction. It was good to meet everyone.

50sGrl
Sun Aug 25th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/asmiller7/sets/72157635230017831/

jlr
Sun Aug 25th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Thanks again Jeff, great stuff! Good to meet everyone, and good riding. If anyone wants to keep practicing this stuff at about today's pace, let me know.

Drama2
Sun Aug 25th, 2013, 07:34 PM
That is a bad ass photo of you 50sgrl

Photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/asmiller7/sets/72157635230017831/

asp_125
Sun Aug 25th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Great group! I had fun teaching y'all. Lots of improvement once you processed the information and applied it. Continue to practice the key concepts, creep up on speed, and next thing you know you'll be asking about trail braking and weighting pegs etc.

Looking forward to our next group ride, perhaps leaf peeping in the fall.

Generic
Mon Aug 26th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Huge thanks, I really appreciate the time you guys took to come out and assist all of us, I had a good time. That ride after we exited Left Hand canyon was so nice and smooth, too bad the ride back sucked.

I'm definitly going back out next month for a photo trip once the leaves change.

asp_125
Mon Aug 26th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Tourists in campers suck! ;)

jlr
Tue Aug 27th, 2013, 06:20 PM
I posted a couple of vids from Sunday. Unfortunately I forgot to turn the camera on for both P2P and 7 down to Lyons - those definitely would have been more interesting, but these are the best I've got. :oops:

Left Hand Canyon up to the top (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blpYqr8PYAw)
Left Hand Canyon mid-point down to bottom (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdvTb4IkBh8)

Thanks to 50sGrl for posting the photos. ...and for sweeping.

Subaru2Yamaha
Tue Aug 27th, 2013, 08:06 PM
I posted a couple of vids from Sunday. Unfortunately I forgot to turn the camera on for both P2P and 7 down to Lyons - those definitely would have been more interesting, but these are the best I've got. :oops:

Left Hand Canyon up to the top (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blpYqr8PYAw)
Left Hand Canyon mid-point down to bottom (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdvTb4IkBh8)

Thanks to 50sGrl for posting the photos. ...and for sweeping.

Good videos dude, thanks for taking the time to record and post them!