PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed one person has died on a bike for the last 4 days. here is todays

AOK303
Thu Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:37 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_23916934/motorcyclist-dead-crash-wheat-ridge

and in the last two weeks 6 people have died

vort3xr6
Thu Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:50 AM
What I have noticed is that a lot of deaths are happening because riders are losing control.

Also, the roads this year are far worse that I have seen in previous years. I almost hit a pot hole so long it would have sunk my front tire and tossed me over.

3point5
Thu Aug 22nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
12:50am … alcohol?

Drama2
Thu Aug 22nd, 2013, 12:58 PM
It is very sad...the roads are aweful this year due to construction and the amount of rain. Thus I am also very picky about who I ride with. Prayers out to those....

tarded400
Thu Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:05 PM
I'm assuming lots of alcohol and lack of judgement went into that one.

Generic
Thu Aug 22nd, 2013, 01:31 PM
I'm assuming lots of alcohol and lack of judgement went into that one.

The others earlier in the week were also in the wee hours and involved hitting stationary vehicles on the side of the road, I'm guessing similar factors were at play. It's sad when anyone loses their life, with so little room for mistakes on a motorcycle I would hope more people would think about how and when to ride. I'd like to see the news/police report on helmet usage as they do seatbelts in accidents.

AOK303
Thu Aug 22nd, 2013, 04:21 PM
one of them actually was a drive pulled out in front and left the scene

AOK303
Thu Aug 22nd, 2013, 04:22 PM
What I have noticed is that a lot of deaths are happening because riders are losing control.

Also, the roads this year are far worse that I have seen in previous years. I almost hit a pot hole so long it would have sunk my front tire and tossed me over.

agree with you the roads are all torn um. why are they strip paving you cross the lines and huge crator effect being on a bigger bike my tire wouldnt get stuck but i could see a 250 maybe getting stuck, and pot holes so deep it would swallow the moon in places

sloridr
Thu Aug 22nd, 2013, 04:54 PM
In the last 5 days I've had about 5 people come over on me or flat cut me off. I'm on a FJR how much bigger does it get? I think cage drivers are just not paying attention. It's the end of the summer, there minds are elsewhere, kids are going back to school. Time to park the bike for a couple weeks and only drive the Super Bus! Be very defensive out there! Ride safe, shiny side up my friends!

Nolan
Thu Aug 22nd, 2013, 05:15 PM
A Chihuahua decided to try and occupy the same space as me the other day. I started honking my horn and the lady texting turned the wheel the opposite way. The chihuahua look a little pissed and the lady mouthed sorry. Damn dogs.

Fernman
Thu Aug 22nd, 2013, 08:11 PM
Aug claims lots of lives.